Author Topic: battery symbol flashing on screen,  (Read 328 times)

wilsonw111

battery symbol flashing on screen,
« on: August 11, 2009, 08:50:06 PM »
 ](*,)
Hi guys,
    haven't played my FX for a while, but I finally got my hands on "Chip Chan Kick", so I've been playing it again.  noticing the home page screen before running the game; there's a Battery symbol flashing at upper right corner.   
what is this ?? I thought it's probably the memory bettery that's dead,, but then all my saved games are still there.. well i didn't have a user manual for my system; so I dont' know ...
can anyone tell me ?? and also if there's a battery that needs to be replaced,, how do I do it ?

:roll:

DJLobo

Re: battery symbol flashing on screen,
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:17:26 AM »
I've never noticed that before with my system, but the BMP has a spot for 2 AAA Batteries. Directions would be here: http://www.pcenginefx.com/PC-FX/html/pc-fx_world_-_sm_-_pc-fx_bmp.html
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

SuperDeadite

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 10:33:37 PM »
Yes, the battery warning is telling you about the BMP, not the internal console memory.  Oddly, if you save to the BMP with no batteries, you will not lose the saves, they will be retained for some time.  My best guess is that the BMP uses a charged capacitor like the Duos to save data.  The batteries serve as a backup to charge the capacitor.  So, even with no batteries your saves won't instantly disappear.  Meaning you can change the batteries and never worry about losing anything.  This is just my personal theory though, it could be 100% wrong.   :-#
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 04:32:03 AM »
This is just my personal theory though, it could be 100% wrong.   :-#

Sounds good to me. One of the technical gurus here should figure this out for us, so we'll have a definitive answer.

If I had a BMP, I'd open it up, since I do not have PC-FX  :(
  |    | 

wilsonw111

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 07:32:41 PM »
This is just my personal theory though, it could be 100% wrong.   :-#

Sounds good to me. One of the technical gurus here should figure this out for us, so we'll have a definitive answer.

hah,,, thanks guys, anyway, I'm only playing Chip Chan kick,,, no saving needed.. =)    but I do have my memory card in the machine with out any battery,, so I'm sure that's the reason,, (couldn't find battery around the house) so I just left it in there.

thx again,

SuperDeadite

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »

hah,,, thanks guys, anyway, I'm only playing Chip Chan kick,,, no saving needed.. =)    but I do have my memory card in the machine with out any battery,, so I'm sure that's the reason,, (couldn't find battery around the house) so I just left it in there.

thx again,

Good luck beating all 60 levels in one sitting.  :)  CCK auto saves to the FX internal space anyway.  It doesn't read the BMP directly, you'd have to transfer the saves manually.

wilsonw111

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »

thx again,

Good luck beating all 60 levels in one sitting.  :)  CCK auto saves to the FX internal space anyway.  It doesn't read the BMP directly, you'd have to transfer the saves manually.

I can't even get through Lv 10,,, the boss is Hard man... even with 4 continues,  I'm gonna take a good few hours on it again tonight,,, =)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 10:31:07 AM »
Good luck beating all 60 levels in one sitting.  :)  CCK auto saves to the FX internal space anyway. 

thats not normal to do?

errrrr.  I need to rethink my "sittings" lol
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 02:14:58 PM »
Well beating all 60 on 1 credit then.   8)