Author Topic: I Purchased Sapphire!  (Read 6322 times)

zborgerd

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2005, 12:50:38 PM »
Wow.  Is there any chance we can get a larger image of that?  That's fascinating.  :)

The ring in the center of the reprint's disk is indicative that it's not official...  Unless it's just an illusion.  I don't think I've ever seen a PC Engine disk with that sort of reflectivity.  The center ring looks larger as well.

If it is a "fake", the effort involved in duplicating the game is superb.  The limitations of the materials at the fabrication facility are perhaps the only limitation.

Fudoh

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2005, 01:02:30 PM »
Maybe, I have to get a better digicam and borrow my friend's copy again. Let's see.

ParanoiaDragon

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2005, 06:03:08 PM »
Well, I ended up buying it now, & today ebay cancelled the auction, thankfully, it ended obviously, & I had already paid, the only downside, is that we can't give eachother feedback.

Fudoh

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2005, 12:44:30 AM »
Sometimes Ebay is ridiculous, while especially on Ebay.com thousands of burned DVD-Rs with asian movies are available and you can easily track down a cheap copy of Dracula X, they cancel something like that.

From my understanding Ebay didn't cancel the auction by themselves, but because somebody feeled pissed and reported the auction. Such a poor soul - nothing better to do than to denounce...

Feel free to leave feedback in this thread once you receive your game :)

akamichi

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2005, 02:43:02 AM »
Quote from: "zborgerd"

The ring in the center of the reprint's disk is indicative that it's not official...  Unless it's just an illusion.  I don't think I've ever seen a PC Engine disk with that sort of reflectivity.  The center ring looks larger as well.

Yeah, I looked at the pictures a little closer and noticed the same thing.  I've seen a lot of bootleg games (especially for PS1) and in every case, the game is so obviously bootlegged.  Mostly a crappy print job and the bootlegger's logo give it away. :)  This Sapphire is much different.

This one is much tougher to distinguish.  Without side by side comparisons (thanks Fudoh!), it would be near impossible.  Anyway, I noticed that the orange heart on the spine cards is a little different.  I'm not sure if that's just the lighting but it looks darker on the "fake" side.

lord_cack

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2005, 02:51:29 AM »
Quote from: "Fudoh"
Sometimes Ebay is ridiculous, while especially on Ebay.com thousands of burned DVD-Rs with asian movies are available and you can easily track down a cheap copy of Dracula X, they cancel something like that.

From my understanding Ebay didn't cancel the auction by themselves, but because somebody feeled pissed and reported the auction. Such a poor soul - nothing better to do than to denounce...

Feel free to leave feedback in this thread once you receive your game :)

Probably Bullseye :shock: ....I really have no idea.... :D
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

zborgerd

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2005, 08:50:17 AM »
I don't think that it's unlikely that a few "power sellers" out there might have some of these that they pawn off every once in a while for $500.  I would suspect that there are those that don't want the world to know about the existence of this "alternative print", in order to keep values ridiculously high on this game.  I have seen this very same "reprint" sold on Ebay several times before under the guise of an "original".

It make me wonder if "reprints" like this could saturate the market a bit, if the game value would drop since it would be possible for everyone to have access to the game.  I'm still interested in seeing what arrives.  I'm hoping I'm impressed by it.  :)

Paladin

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2005, 09:54:24 AM »
I'm waiting as patiently as I can to see how this is. I can honestly say that I don't care if its a pirate as long as it works correctly in my Duo-RX. Paying 500+ dollars for this just isn't an option for me, especially now since I'm in college.

It would be kinda cool if this type of copy would bring down the originals in price. If it dropped below $200 I would think about purchasing an original. That is after I get the cheaper games that I want. Anyway someone let me know how this copy turns out. I ordered mine sometime after everyone else who did, so it will get here sometime next week hopefully.

lord_cack

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2005, 11:04:20 AM »
I am interested in any copy, that is as legit looking as that. As long as it plays properly with  a Duo system and doesn't screw up the machine...I don't care if it was burned onto paper I want a copy  :shock:  :D
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

zborgerd

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2005, 03:38:42 PM »
Quote from: "lord_cack"
I am interested in any copy, that is as legit looking as that. As long as it plays properly with  a Duo system and doesn't screw up the machine...I don't care if it was burned onto paper I want a copy  :shock:  :D

It sure is exciting.  I've always want to play this game.  :)

zborgerd

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2005, 02:22:30 PM »
Judging by the feedback on Ebay, a few people have already have theirs...  And they seem to be *very* pleased.  ;)

Nemo

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2005, 10:18:39 AM »
I got mine today, it's definitely an amazing replication, too bad I won't be able to play it till I get my Duo-R back.

pixeljunkie

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2005, 10:23:45 AM »
Quote from: "Nemo"
I got mine today, it's definitely an amazing replication, too bad I won't be able to play it till I get my Duo-R back.

Did it come via DHL?! God I hope they left mine on the doorstep!!!

Liquid Snake

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2005, 10:45:02 AM »

Post Office left me a note to pick it up tomorrow morning.
So happy that my copy is here, well, almost :)

Too bad that my Duo is in the box and I don't know where it is since I'm moving to a new apartment....damn....
My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia

Nemo

I Purchased Sapphire!
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2005, 10:45:52 AM »
Quote from: "pixeljunkie"

Did it come via DHL?! God I hope they left mine on the doorstep!!!

No, USPS.