Author Topic: Mysterious Song progress  (Read 1571 times)

Odonadon

Mysterious Song progress
« on: June 22, 2005, 05:25:41 PM »
Okay, this isn't a news update, but a question - what's going on?  :)  I haven't heard for a while.  I am eagerly anticipating this title.  What are we looking at in terms of time frames?  Next week?  2nd week in July?

And what's taking Neutopia III so long anyway :) (kidding)

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

DeveloperX

Re: Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 06:13:02 PM »
Quote from: "Odonadon"
Okay, this isn't a news update, but a question - what's going on?  :)  I haven't heard for a while.  I am eagerly anticipating this title.  What are we looking at in terms of time frames?  Next week?  2nd week in July?

And what's taking Neutopia III so long anyway :) (kidding)

OD

Greetings.
Mysterious Song (remake) is nearly complete, though we are awaiting the illustrations for the cut-scenes from LCpl, and we cannot finalize the game until they are finished. Neutopia III is going to take much longer than MSR did, because for one, I don't have 24 hours a day to draw tiles, and for two, there is still much to be planned out. nodtveidt is working on it as much as possible, and so is the whole team.
At this moment, I stopped drawing tiles for NIII, and took a few minutes to post this message.
I'm about to return to my tilework now.
Anyway, thats it for now.
-DeveloperX
Frozen Utopia :: Primary Tile Artist & Team Coordinator

Odonadon

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 07:19:52 PM »
You guys are killing me - any word as to what's happening?  :)  (Not that I'm anxious or anything)

OD

nodtveidt

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 02:21:26 AM »
I'll PM you as to the situation on your forum. But for the rest of yas...we ran into a minor (ok major) problem with the game, which we're resolving right now. Fear not...the show must go on, and MS will be released as soon as the problem is resolved and it passes beta testing.

etrader99

what was the problem you ran into?
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 02:25:21 PM »
What was the problem you ran into? Getting the music engine up and running?

nodtveidt

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 04:30:40 PM »
Nope...the music was no sweat, as it's a CD game so it's all redbook. Don't worry though...problem mostly solved, and we'll have the game out soon, perhaps as early as a month from now. :D

twor2005

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 10:30:34 PM »
I look forwad to seeing this game packaged up nice and neat and on TZD a few months from now. :o

Odonadon

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 05:54:01 PM »
Hey notveidt,

Any progress as of late?

OD

Kaminari

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 06:04:05 PM »
I have no idea about the release schedule, but at least the final script is ready -- I can tell, since I received it a couple days ago and I've started working on the French translation :o)

nodtveidt

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 04:26:22 PM »
Okay, at long last...an update. :)

Fragmare and Mooz are still hard at work on the cutscenes, as stated before. No ETA given yet but they're working on it.

In the meantime, I've decided to polish the game up real spiffy and stuff. :) I ripped out the old scroller and replaced it with a new one that's much more interesting and doesn't fix your character in the middle of the screen. Seldane is drawing an entirely new tileset for the entire game, which means the maps will have to be completely redone but that won't take long at all, plus we'll finally be able to animate tiles...that means water and torches and whatever else we think of will be animated. :) Keranu is working on touching up the sprites so they'll be crisper. I did some polish to the frontend tonight, making some changes to the first execoverlay. Here's a couple of screenies:

Resembles the original much better.

Audition Mode now shows song titles.

These don't show the progress that's going on...hopefully I'll be able to post more screenshots tomorrow after Seldane finishes some tiles. I'll get a couple of shots up of the battle engine as well. Also, I forgot a very critical part of the game...sound effects! So those will be added as well...in fact, I'll go add them right now. :D

nodtveidt

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 05:13:47 AM »

Some of the interface had to be cut out from the original but it's mostly intact.

Odonadon

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 07:18:29 PM »
Woot, there it is!  Thanks for the update!

OD

KingDrool

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 01:57:21 AM »
Any word on how you're going to release this?  Downloadable, packaged, etc?  Just for the record, I'd be more than happy to buy a complete package.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

nodtveidt

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 03:05:44 AM »
It'll be both downloadable and purchasable...naturally, there's going to be a little bonus for those who buy the game on CDROM. :D The official CDROM will be packaged in a box, not unlike TG-CD titles in the past. The design of the packaging hasn't been finalized yet so I can't show it off just yet but I will when it's finished.

esteban

Mysterious Song progress
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 03:32:53 AM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"
naturally, there's going to be a little bonus for those who buy the game on CDROM. :D The official CDROM will be packaged in a box, not unlike TG-CD titles in the past. The design of the packaging hasn't been finalized yet so I can't show it off just yet but I will when it's finished.
Awesome, awesome, awesome!
  |    |