Author Topic: Metamor Jupiter 3 player mode!  (Read 1095 times)

SuperDeadite

Metamor Jupiter 3 player mode!
« on: October 04, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »
Woah, I pulled out Metamor Jupiter today and looked through the manual.  This game supports up to 3 players at the same time! Player 2 and 3 can fully control the "bio-bits."  Cool stuff!  :clap:
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SignOfZeta

Re: Metamor Jupiter 3 player mode!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 02:40:14 PM »
This game has been on my "to buy" list for years. Now it just moved up a few notches.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »
Wierd, I never noticed this :-k

shubibiman

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 05:53:32 AM »
Me neither.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 02:57:35 AM »
Well, that's pretty darn interesting. Is 3-player mode accessible via a menu option? Or do you have to do something special?

I have Metamor Jupiter... and I vaguely recall a blurb about the "Virtual Cushion" on the back/in the manual as well.

Does my memory pass or fail a reality check?

|    | 

SuperDeadite

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 03:47:51 AM »
Yes Metamor is programmed to make use of the Virtual Cushion.  The 3 player mode isn't in the options.  Just hook up a tap with 3 controllers.  Player 1 controls the ship, 2 controls the top bit, 3 controls the bottom bit.  You just have to press Run on each controller to take manual control said bits.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 01:33:44 AM »
Yes Metamor is programmed to make use of the Virtual Cushion.  The 3 player mode isn't in the options.  Just hook up a tap with 3 controllers.  Player 1 controls the ship, 2 controls the top bit, 3 controls the bottom bit.  You just have to press Run on each controller to take manual control said bits.

Ha! I'll just have to repeat myself: this is a great find. Thanks for sharing the info.

Next question: I was under the impression that the Virtual Cushion was simply a subwoofer shoved in a cushion (literally). To take full advantage of the VC experience, I suppose developers simply used sound effects/music with "low frequencies" (deep bass) to make things rumble?
  |    |