Author Topic: Wanted: TurboCD System 3 setup  (Read 513 times)

nodtveidt

Wanted: TurboCD System 3 setup
« on: July 01, 2005, 01:02:42 AM »
I'm looking for a TurboGrafx 16 system with the CD attachment and a System 3 card, 2 controllers and a TurboTap. Obviously I'd need the power cable too. :P I don't really need an RF switch (I'll take one though, heh) or any games with it, nor do I give a rat about original boxes or manuals. :D I'm bidding on a TurboGrafx 16 with CDROM accessory on ebay right now (username equuskia) but it doesn't include the System 3 card and I doubt I'll win the auction anyways. So if anyone out there has this kind of setup that they'd like to let go for a decent price (this stuff is neither expensive nor hard to find, so trying to scam me will result in no sale, I know how much it's worth [no more than $120US] so don't even try it), you have my business. :D

Keranu

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:35:00 AM »
I thought Turbo CD add-ons were expensive and can be hard to find. I am having a helluva time right now finding a complete PCE CD attachment and I still need to get a complete PCE, but that should be easier to find.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

zborgerd

Re: Wanted: TurboCD System 3 setup
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 03:21:12 AM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"
I'm looking for a TurboGrafx 16 system with the CD attachment and a System 3 card, 2 controllers and a TurboTap. Obviously I'd need the power cable too. :P I don't really need an RF switch (I'll take one though, heh) or any games with it, nor do I give a rat about original boxes or manuals. :D I'm bidding on a TurboGrafx 16 with CDROM accessory on ebay right now (username equuskia) but it doesn't include the System 3 card and I doubt I'll win the auction anyways. So if anyone out there has this kind of setup that they'd like to let go for a decent price (this stuff is neither expensive nor hard to find, so trying to scam me will result in no sale, I know how much it's worth [no more than $120US] so don't even try it), you have my business. :D

Instead of buying a System 3.0 card, you may just want to try to find a Purple Barney converter (or mod the system for import cards) and an Arcade card Pro.  I managed to get a brand new Arcade Card Pro for around $30 USD recently.  Ebay is littered with them right now.  Super System games work great with it.

D-Lite

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 07:20:15 AM »
I have a region-modded tg-16 with CD attachment, extra controller and tap, and a beautiful complete Arcade Card Pro listed at NG.com:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123001

The case even has the pins intact, which is unusual.
I'm looking $200 shipped for the whole setup.  

$30 for a new ACPro??  Damn good deal.  They are not that cheap on eBay.  The cheapest was about $50+shipping for an open one, both current and past auctions.  And then you'd need a converter as you say.

Really, for a TGCD+system card you're looking at either $70 or so for just the US Sys 3.0 card or $50+$converter for the JP alternative.
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

zborgerd

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 08:13:08 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72501&item=8189902061

They come and go.  This seller usually has one listed every week or so.  Right now, it looks like there are very few listed, but I've seen several go for around $30 over the last few months.

Holy smokes!  You have one of those portable Atari 2600 systems!  :)

D-Lite

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 09:55:14 AM »
Quote from: "zborgerd"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72501&item=8189902061

They come and go.  This seller usually has one listed every week or so.  Right now, it looks like there are very few listed, but I've seen several go for around $30 over the last few months.

Holy smokes!  You have one of those portable Atari 2600 systems!  :)

Yep and sold it.  It was a decent build quality, but I would have expected better honestly.

Yeah, that auction was pretty good, but that was 2 months ago!  None nearly that cheap since and 2 GBP for overseas shipping???  Sounds dicey to me.  In terms of getting it in one piece that is.

zborgerd

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 10:09:39 AM »
Quote from: "D-Lite"

Yeah, that auction was pretty good, but that was 2 months ago!  None nearly that cheap since and 2 GBP for overseas shipping???  Sounds dicey to me.  In terms of getting it in one piece that is.

I've actually ordered most of my PCE games from this seller.  They all ship out of Japan.  Just about every item I've ever received has been of superb quality.

nodtveidt

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 03:05:10 PM »
Actually, I don't want an arcade card, nor a convertor, nor anything Japanese...just a plain old TG16 + CDROM + 3.0 card + wires, tap, and controllers. :) No fancy region modded stuff, no bells and whistles. :) This is so I can start testing Frozen Utopia's work on actual hardware. I've been without a TG for too many years now...the withdrawl symptoms are getting very bad indeed... :oops:  :x  :shock:  :?  :evil:  :twisted:

D-Lite

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 03:36:11 PM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"
Actually, I don't want an arcade card, nor a convertor, nor anything Japanese...just a plain old TG16 + CDROM + 3.0 card + wires, tap, and controllers. :) No fancy region modded stuff, no bells and whistles. :) This is so I can start testing Frozen Utopia's work on actual hardware. I've been without a TG for too many years now...the withdrawl symptoms are getting very bad indeed... :oops:  :x  :shock:  :?  :evil:  :twisted:

Sure, it's just that I don't think you can find a TGCD+system 3.0 US card for as cheap as you think.  Perhaps after looking for quite a while, but good luck!  I propose the other option because it's about the same cost as what you're talking all things considered.

Tell you what.  Since you're doing good things for the Turbo community I'll offer the TGCD package I have listed all included for $150 shipped.  You definitely won't beat that.

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 04:45:29 PM »
Damn that's a pretty good deal, nod. A normal TG16+CD would cost about that much if not maybe a little more than $150.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 06:33:27 PM »
This is a fabulously kind gesture, nodtveidt!  Don't hesitate!
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 10:10:57 PM »
D-Lite you wouldn't happen to have complete PCE+CD systems available, would you? (Preferrably non-modded)

m1savage

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 04:02:57 PM »
Thought I'd throw my 2 cents worth in here too. I sold about a dozen or so TG16/CD combo units in the last few years and they all sold between 80-120 dollars (depending on condition, hard case, etc.) WITHOUT the Sys 3.0 card. The Sys 3.0 cards I had by themselves brought between 60-90 dollars on Ebay. Guess what I'm saying is that the deal he's making ya sounds pretty good.  :D

Edit: Hey I just noticed that's even SHIPPED price. Great deal. Those things are heavy! :)