Author Topic: A question from a Newbie  (Read 1010 times)

Adistar

Re: A question from a Newbie
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »
Thanks guys, you have confirmed I am using the console correctly, I thought I was, but it is good to be sure, so it must have a serious fault, I have found this page

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=1305

This guy has taken his fx apart, and there is a couple of close up pictures of the boards, and there is no battery, so it must be a capacitor, or chip that is faulty, just my luck!!

Charlie

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 01:07:43 AM »
I'm not fully familiar with that unit, but I have studied the two pictures of the large boards as best I can (wish there were closer close-ups), and I do not see anything that jumps out as a super-cap or a battery.

However, the most likely spot for such a device would be someplace in close proximity to the power supply circuitry...and it appears that said power supply circuitry is inside the narrow rectangular "swiss-cheese" shield, which, as Murphy would have it, is the one board that is not disassembled and has no close-up picture!

Just my 2 cents worth..
Charlie

Tatsujin

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 01:35:49 AM »
since the PC-FX came out relatively late (almost PSone age) i could imagine that it uses an eeprom (or kind flash memory) for saving datas.

btw. i don't think a RAM buffer supercap would be placed near the power supply, more near the RAM, which again would be placed some where on the mainboard.

so, it's just possible that the memory is somehow damaged or such.

how about other games?

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 06:36:13 AM »
try contacting the dude at NFG games, hes pretty cool and can maybe help you out.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Adistar

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2009, 08:45:43 AM »
Right, I have taken the front panel off the machine, and looking past the blue power button on the front, can be clearly seen a backup capacitor, it is right next to where the BMP plugs in, I have managed to photograph it, I have also marked a square round the battery in the second picture where it is on the board, under the white panel, you can just see the bottom of it, this must be the culprit to the problem, my next problem is reaching it to find out what it is and if it can be replaced.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:41:38 AM by Adistar »

OlgaShtain

A question from a Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 07:40:10 PM »
I am a newbie to the max. For those who dont know me I have no idea on how to do anything with my truck.. so Im trying to learn. Ive had a noise coming from the driver side front wheel for a couple months now and I have no idea what to do. When the wheel spins it makes a "swoosh" sound, but once I drive around for a while it makes a high pitched squeek. It doesnt make noise when I brake, just when I drive. It also doesnt make the noise when I turn a corner just when Im driving straight. My friend initially suggested the Heat Shield, and he said it was sticking out a little bit so he hit it back a little bit but it didnt do anything. Another friend told me its the brakes.. so Im going to lift it up tomorrow and take a look. Does anyone know what I should be looking for? Like I said before Im trying to learn on my own so Im kinda lost here

TGX16

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 10:18:35 AM »
I am a newbie to the max. For those who dont know me I have no idea on how to do anything with my truck.. so Im trying to learn. Ive had a noise coming from the driver side front wheel for a couple months now and I have no idea what to do. When the wheel spins it makes a "swoosh" sound, but once I drive around for a while it makes a high pitched squeek. It doesnt make noise when I brake, just when I drive. It also doesnt make the noise when I turn a corner just when Im driving straight. My friend initially suggested the Heat Shield, and he said it was sticking out a little bit so he hit it back a little bit but it didnt do anything. Another friend told me its the brakes.. so Im going to lift it up tomorrow and take a look. Does anyone know what I should be looking for? Like I said before Im trying to learn on my own so Im kinda lost here

I´d say this question has come in the wrong forum all together,
however I´d say that the wheelbearing is the culprit.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »
I´d say this question has come in the wrong forum all together, however I´d say that the wheelbearing is the culprit.

I'd say it came from SpamBot 3000.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 07:18:06 PM »
I´d say this question has come in the wrong forum all together, however I´d say that the wheelbearing is the culprit.

I'd say it came from SpamBot 3000.

OlgaShitstain!

lol
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Mathius

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:30 AM »
I wonder if Adistar ever got his problem fixed?

"Olgashtain" probably saw the name of this site "pcenginefx" and thought it was a site dedicated to engine repair. Engine=well, engine and fx could be missinterperated as "fix."  PC Engine Fix :lol:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 05:28:12 AM by Mathius »
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Adistar

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 08:08:48 AM »
I wonder if Adistar ever got his problem fixed?

No, it still does not work as it should, I took the capacitor out to see if was causing a short or something, but it behaves just the same, I put it back together and left it at that, takes so long to get into it, and after taking it apart twice already, I collected a couple of springs and screws that fit in God knows where!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:12:02 AM by Adistar »