Author Topic: YouTube... and why it sucks...  (Read 189 times)

TheClash603

YouTube... and why it sucks...
« on: November 26, 2009, 04:46:38 AM »
Sometimes I like to import Japanese games, much like everyone on these forums I am sure.  However, since I am from the US, I do not know much about Japanese games, and a lot of my imports are nothing more than guesses.  So then I decide to go on to YouTube to at least get some video of these games, and to try to see if they are playable without knowing Japanese.

When I check out YouTube, every game that was release on CD format always has a video that shows "opening cinematic," "cut scenes," or "intro."  How about some damn gameplay footage?!?  Sure, it would be nice to have the video of the cut scenes on YouTube, but just keep that camera rolling.  Give me two minutes of gameplay video and make me a happy man.

I apologize for this rant, but I wonder if anyone else agrees with me?  This is also a plea, if you are one of these YouTube posters with your fancy PC Engine CD games, or Saturn imports and you like to show off the cinemas...  PLEASE!  Just show some gameplay too!

sunteam_paul

Re: YouTube... and why it sucks...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 06:34:27 AM »
*points to signature*
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Windancer

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:25:59 AM »
hmmmm  :-k ive always found youtube and The PCEngine bible helpful in choosing my imports. but with sidescrollers, shooters, platformers, fighting games are always english friendly. really Rpg's/sims are the only thing that come to mind that you would really stay away from but you would miss out on some goodtimes also if you didnt get any of those

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 11:21:55 AM »
Go to pcecp.com, copy the japanese text of the name of a game you're interested in and then paste it into youtube's search box. Many less-gaijin-friendly/less-gaijin-popular PCE games only have gameplay videos posted by japanese people in japanese.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »
Create an account at http://www.nicovideo.jp/ and watch all the goodness (use Black_Tiger's technique).

create Nico account
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:58:05 PM by esteban »
  |    |