Author Topic: Stuck in Sorcerian Hell  (Read 2235 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Stuck in Sorcerian Hell
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 06:38:17 PM »
f*ck YEAH SORCERIAN THREAD NECROS LOL GIT IT.

Those look OK, but it's also 3am and I've been playing UO for 12 hours so my eyes aren't really doing things that work right now.

I was just playing this on MSX like last week.

The FM tunes on that version are awesome.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 07:23:38 PM »
Another thread brought back from the ashes.. know this is really old thread but I am kinda working on basic stuff...

Hope this is ok.  just let me know if any mistakes and I will amend.

This ties in to something I've been thinking over recently. It would be nice if we could create 'How to play' guides for PCE games - Just a simple overview of controls and gameplay features, plus menu translations. These would be really useful for those games not released in the US, or for those that are when you only have a JP version.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Digi.k

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 11:39:46 AM »
Hope this is correct again...

Here you can change the characters gender and race,  Human, elf and Dwarf, wizard or Fighter
The BONUS are extra points which can be allocated to any of the specific stats.

EDIT: 20/04/2017
REGARDING the pc engine version you can only create up to 8 characters.
the job change/profession is money your character earns when not in battle, BUT depending on the profession and your character class ie warrior/mage/dwarf etc your profession could have a detrimental or positive effect on your character stats!

List of missions,  Once you complete the first mission Before Dark all the others then become available and can be played in any order and be re-played again and again.

In-Game menu,  Just press RUN to bring it up.  Press SELECT in-game will cycle the leader of you party

to be continued...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:04:58 PM by Digi.k »

Trenton_net

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 03:31:02 AM »
The translations are super helpful! Thanks for all work.

Opethian

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 03:33:30 AM »
yea thanks for this ive ben going from the PC port to the MSX but the music is terrible in the PC adlib :(

you have to create a party of 4 take them to town and buy weapons/armor/shield or staff/robe/ring for mages. explore and kill what you can when you end up back at the beginning go back to town and train. I think what you can train is based on your job. I think the PCE version has all the scenario 1 and 2 missions included.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:37:15 AM by Opethian »

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Digi.k

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 11:51:44 AM »
Before you assemble your party you can visit the town.  If you have already created a party you will have to disband.....

Then select the character you would like to enter....

The town of Pentawa

Weapons and Armor Shop
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:04:18 AM by Digi.k »

Digi.k

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 10:58:14 AM »
Ester the Witch welcome to her House and a course in Sorcerian Magic!

MAGIC ENCHANTING

Magic enchanting an item will only work for Wizards and Elves.  Each character can only enchant  1 at a time.  It takes 3 years and unless you have a spare weapon you cannot take that character to do any mission without an weapon etc.  Once the 3 years is up you take the item out of the depository and you can enchant another magic to that item. Repeat the process again.

7 types of of Planetary Stars to represent 7 types of Magic

This begins to get a little complicated but I hope you guys can work it out!

Taken from gamefaqs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/581745-sorcerian/faqs/42175

Wearing an enchanted item increases your stats, and it is possible to go beyond the maximum in this way. (However, the effect only takes place during scenarios, which means that KRM bonuses cannot be exploited.) Each god increases a particular stat, (see the Elder section for details) and the item can be enchanted multiple times by the same god, but complications arise when one or more gods are present on the item when it is enchanted. No interference: There is no heterogenous enchantment on the item. This includes the case of an unenchanted item. The result is simply to add +1 to the god in question. Single interference: There is one heterogenous enchantment. Most combina- tions give the ordinary result (indicated by the . in the tables below), but some have unusual effects.

The following two tables are equivalent; the top shows changes made to the initial state (indicated by + and -) while the bottom instead shows the final state, assuming the initial state had 1 level of the prior god. An X indicates a loss of the prior god with no gain. (Prior enchantment is vertical on the left, added is horizontal on the top.)

Multiple inferference: There is more than one heterogenous enchantment. These are handled on a case by case basis in the table below. This assumes you are starting with 1 each of the prior enchantments. Note that the table can be partially predicted by superposing the results from multiple single interference enchantments. (i.e. regard them as simultaneous)

Spell list here in japanese of course...
http://homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/Pc88_98/magic/magiclist.html

Spell recipes for:

Offence
Defence
Heal

To be Continued.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:48:39 PM by Digi.k »

Digi.k

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 12:44:35 PM »
Your local Pharmacy

You will have 2 options,  Herb preparation where you can create medicine or buy already made.

Buying potions.

To make potions you need to collect the following herbs...

VERBENA - ベルベーヌ
LAVENDER - ラベンダー
SAGE - セージ
HYSSOP - ヒソップ

Potion recipes for:

Attack
Defence
Heal

To be cont...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:47:07 PM by Digi.k »

Digi.k

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2016, 09:34:34 AM »
Again let me know if it is incorrect..will amend.

Temple

Making a prayer at the temple once a year may have an impact on the success of raising the dead.

Elders House

For a fee the Elder can appraise an item and there might be a chance that for a bigger fee unlock hidden secrets in these items.

EDIT: 20/04/2019
Also if you forgotten what kind of enchantment is on a particular item then get it appraised by the elder.

EDIT: 20/04/2017
At the end of your visit to the Elder he will also give you a tip in creating spells etc. in Japanese of course...

Castle Throne Room

In this example here the King declares that you need to 564 exp to level up.   You can also present ITEMS that you find to the king.  They might also be of use to your characters so be careful what you GIFT to him!

The DOJO

If your characters are weak or they just can't beat that mission and the monsters are too strong.  Get your characters down to the DOJO and train up individual abilities.  Training takes up to 2 years.  This might be a good idea to train a particular STAT if you are enchanting an item that can take up to 3 years.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:09:35 PM by Digi.k »

sunteam_paul

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 12:35:01 AM »
This is all brilliant stuff. I might even give it another try soon.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

Digi.k

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2016, 08:54:06 AM »
This is all brilliant stuff. I might even give it another try soon.

I am still trying to figure out some of the translations some just don't seem to make much sense...

Kinda working on some of those missions too now.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:49:49 AM by Digi.k »

Digi.k

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 10:18:16 AM »
STATUS AILMENTS
If your characters is carrying too much you might need to sell some stuff which you can do in Pentawa Town armor & weapon shop before you can carry any new stuff.

If your character has turned RED all over chances are they may have been poisoned.  To remedy you can buy CURE from the pharmacy and use it when starting/during a mission.

If your characters has turned dark BLUE all over chances are they might be cursed.  Again you can buy a remedy from the pharmacy and use it when starting/during a mission.

to be cont...

EmperorIng

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 04:26:23 AM »
This topic has proven immensely helpful for getting into the game, especially thanks to Digi.k's guides.

Getting used to the first quest might be tricky until you realize that you can actually climb the gentle incline before the entrance to the cave and go up the mountain.

I didn't see it explicitly mentioned, so I'll say this: if your character does not have a weapon, they will not be allowed to go questing. So make sure all of your party has the appropriate gear (everyone should have enough to get armor and a weapon for their respective class).

I do have a question though: how exactly does reviving a dead party member work? I can't seem to beat the first-quest's dragon boss without one of my magic users (elf or wizard) dying.

I don't know if I can use resurrection potions on the party menu screen (with all the different options on booting up the game). Going to the priest and selecting that party member doesn't seem to do anything either. Is there a set chance of success (that I need to keep on doing)? Do I need to leave the screen and try again? Or is it some type of perma-death? Thanks for any info!

Digi.k

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 10:24:52 AM »

I do have a question though: how exactly does reviving a dead party member work? I can't seem to beat the first-quest's dragon boss without one of my magic users (elf or wizard) dying.

I don't know if I can use resurrection potions on the party menu screen (with all the different options on booting up the game). Going to the priest and selecting that party member doesn't seem to do anything either. Is there a set chance of success (that I need to keep on doing)? Do I need to leave the screen and try again? Or is it some type of perma-death? Thanks for any info!

if I recall correctly you kinda quit the quest by going back to the start of it and enter back into town and seeing help from temple/chemist/witches house

also iirc the Resurrection is not always 100% successful and is dependent on characters Karma and age

you can also send your characters to the DOJO where they will spend a few years of their life training up certain stats, one at a time tho. So if you have weak def characters you can strengthen that particular stat in the DOJO
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:37:21 AM by Digi.k »

gbapalyer

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2016, 01:08:15 AM »
Awesome game, played through it some time ago. :)
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)