Author Topic: turbo grafx repair guide?  (Read 195 times)

alexsduo

turbo grafx repair guide?
« on: January 19, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
Hey, I have an extra tg that I had to get, when I purchased a lot from someone... Unfortunately, the (insert bad word) sold me them as working, and one does nothing when plugged in.. I have tried changing the power supplys, av cables, and nothing works... I have opened it up and tried to mess around, but alas nothing.. Does anyone know about the fuse, I think it is possible it burned out.. There is no damage to any of the board, so I think it may be something easy.  I examined the board for any missing wires, loose connections and etc... thanks!!!!!!
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

kattare

Re: turbo grafx repair guide?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »
You probably want to get a meter and test for voltage coming out of the regulator.  You should see around 9v coming in and 5v going out.

If you have neither, then it's something up the line (fuse, plug) and if you have the 9v but not the 5v then your regulator is bad, which is fairly common and happens when someone connects a supply with the wrong polarity.

If you do have both, and still aren't getting anything on the screen, things can get a little more complicated, but in my experience, the next most likely thing to go is the RF unit, which you can test for by trying a turbobooster or tgcd unit.

Best of luck.
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.