Author Topic: MC Cthulhu controller PCB now works with PCE and TG-16  (Read 147 times)

rtdzign

MC Cthulhu controller PCB now works with PCE and TG-16
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »
To sum it up Toodles, a forum member from Shoryuken.com has been making a custom joystick PCB called the MC Cthulhu with support for multiple systems.  It requires some work on the end user to make a custom stick but is now compatible with PC-Engine and TG-16 with firmware version 1.6.  If you use a MC Cthulhu and a RJ-45 (network jack) you can make a arcade stick compatible with a variety of systems.  The MC Cthulhu was originally made to cater to the Fighting game community, but is also great for shooters, especially if you make a arcade stick with Seimitsu arcade parts.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162026

Here is the post about the wiring info at the end and some of the progress made implementing it.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162026&page=169

It might be something you want to look into.  Some things to note, multiple button layouts to accomodate NeoGeo games and Avenue 3 layout. It only works in 6 button mode with a multitap, and the button layout assumes you made a custom arcade stick with a street fighter 2 layout. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:51:01 PM by rtdzign »

esteban

Re: MC Cthulhu controller PCB now works with PCE and TG-16
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:38:52 AM »
Damn, that's pretty awesome. I've been thinking about hacking open a TurboPad, but this seems like it would be less painful (I can't bear to disembowel TG-16 hardware).

|    | 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 07:48:45 PM »
My friend bought one of these last year and I can attest to its awesomeness. Soldering wires to the PCB from a gutted OEM controller can be a real pain. This thing eliminates that problem totally.

rtdzign

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 10:28:25 PM »
Yeah if you are gutting a NEC controller, you might as well punch a baby while you are at it.