Author Topic: PC-FX Emulator  (Read 789 times)

Daniel

PC-FX Emulator
« on: November 04, 2001, 09:59:00 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering if there was a PC-FX emulator available or one in the works as I live in Canada and buying import consoles is quite costly. My dad not letting me "waste my money" on video games doesen't help either! Also I was wondering if there was a site were I could download PC-FX isos. Any help or info would be gladly appreciated. Thanks!

-Dan

trudesire

Re: PC-FX Emulator
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2001, 02:52:00 AM »
There was a PC-FX emulator in the works, but I think the project is now dead, as I have emailed the author a few times now, and have yet to get a response.  It was started by the same author who developed YAME.

Daniel

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
Thanks for your response. Do you know if there is any websites or info on the emulator? I'm just interested, even though it's dead. Thanks.

-Dan

trudesire

Re: Thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2001, 05:24:00 PM »
There really isn't too much info on it, except for the name and version number... but here you go:

www.geocities.co.jp/Styli.../yame.html

Daniel

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2001, 05:22:00 AM »
Hey,

That link you had on your last message dosen't look like an emulator to me! I can't read Japanese, but I'm almost certain that it's just a port of YAME to the PC-FX. Correct if I'm wrong, 'cause I don't know Japanese so you might know better.

-Dan

trudesire

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2001, 06:19:00 AM »
The idea of the web page is about the emulator YAME.  but if you look down further, there is both a PSX YAME Emulator and a PC-FX GA Emulator:

Play Station
YAME Version 0.12 (48KB)

PC-FX GA
YAME Version 0.12 (43KB)

This would mean that there was the idea of a PC-FX emulator.  But as stated, the project apears to be dead.  There wasn't even a beta or alpha for it as far as I know.

Daniel

Thanks
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2001, 06:45:00 AM »
Oh, okay, thanks for your help.

-Dan

Daniel

There was a port of YAME to the PC-FX, but no emulator!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2001, 06:29:00 AM »
This is taken from www.toyoshima-house.net/beos/:

BeYAME(x86)
[2001/1/7] So-called an emulator. It can emulate PC-Engine, NES, GB, and so on. Originally it made by Kappa, older members of UTMC. This emulator was ported a lot of platforms. Windows, Macintosh, Linux, FreeBSD, PC-FX and PS.

So I guess that means there was no PC-FX emulator.

-Dan

Pcenginefx

Re: PC-FX Emulator
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2001, 02:29:00 AM »
Actually, the only PC-FX emu that I knew of was FXer, which was being developed by a friend of mine.  I was the co-developer on the project, and I had a section on Pcenginefx.com with lots of info about it.  The project has been long since scrapped due to lack of info about the internal workings of the FX chipset, but we had a lot of things emulated.

I on the other hand have a PC-FXGA PC-9800 dev kit, but don't have the NEC computer to run it, so it's just sitting in my collection...if I had a PC-FXGA DOS/V card back when FXer was being developed, there would have been a emu by now    Aaron Nanto
Webmaster Pcenginefx.com
www.pcenginefx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Daniel

NEC 9800 for sale
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2001, 04:30:00 AM »
If your looking for an NEC 9800 to use with your PC-FXga, try this site:

www.applied-net.co.jp/med...uko_98.htm

-Dan