Author Topic: Magical Chase  (Read 2154 times)

motdelbourt

Re: Magical Chase
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »
Well, it's rumored that 3DS EShop will get Turbo Grafx games at some point. And continuity between the Wii and Wii U Virtual Consoles are still up in the air AFAIK. So if Magical Chase were to appear, it would be one one of these consoles.

The rights as DragonMasterDan points out are probably in the hands of Square Enix. But the publishing rights for the original game could be in Konami's hands. I don't even want to get into the later ports.

So it sounds like a legal mess, BUT this is true of other games that did up on VC.

I still think it's unlikely though. The early years of the VC saw it as more of a dumping ground, with lots of games ported regardless of interest. But today, the focus for 3DS and the latter years of Wii seems to be on fewer releases and more well known quantities. I doubt that the VC sales of random Turbo Grafx games are worth the salary of a lawyer or anyone else to round them up at this point, so if it's not obviously owned by Konami I'd say forget it.

esteban

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 11:00:38 AM »
I doubt that the VC sales of random Turbo Grafx games are worth the salary of a lawyer or anyone else to round them up at this point, so if it's not obviously owned by Konami I'd say forget it.

Agreed.

Sadly, but yes.

|    | 

8bitForLife

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 02:21:14 AM »
i really wish the games i bought on wii's vc were available for me to download and play on the 3ds. Just nintey's way of getting more money from you. That's one reason i did like the ps3 and psp alot of the psn content worked on both and didnt need to double dip.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

esteban

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2012, 05:03:00 AM »
i really wish the games i bought on wii's vc were available for me to download and play on the 3ds. Just nintey's way of getting more money from you. That's one reason i did like the ps3 and psp alot of the psn content worked on both and didnt need to double dip.

I couldn't agree more about the double-dipping. We need a Bill of Consumer Rights that guarantees us continued access to titles, across platforms (and even if hardware becomes obsolete). Pie in the sky? Sure.

|    | 

8bitForLife

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 08:17:51 PM »
Ya i got so excited about my 3ds and such because i had so many wiiware vc games and just assumed they would be transferable. I was wrong =(. Now im just sad at how long and horrible the releases on 3ds vc has been.
Turbo Duo Rx Turbo Grafx 16, Atari 2600 5200 7800 Jaguar + CD Starpath Supercharger, Gba DS DSI 3Ds Nes Snes N64 VB GC Wii, Xbox Xbox 360, Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Psp Fat Psp slim, GenesisV3 CDX Nomad Saturn Dreamcast JP USA, NGPC

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/530/show-collection.htm

fsa

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 07:02:31 PM »
You can try a little emulator called "NitroGrafx" using an R4 card.
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 02:55:33 AM »
You can try a little emulator called "NitroGrafx" using an R4 card.

You bumped a three year old thread for that?  Totally worth it.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

GreatBlueSwirlof99

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 06:25:03 AM »
Wow this much talk over a simple shump, this game must be a good shump! I think  Galaga '88 is and looks better than this :D
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

turboswimbz

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »
Wow this much talk over a simple shump, this game must be a good shump! I think  Galaga '88 is and looks better than this :D

Go screw off.   
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.