Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63007 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #1425 on: October 27, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »
Playing some Castlevania Adventure, gameboy for the Halloween spirit.  Bought this game new back in the day but never beat it until......well, maybe never since it's very frustrating.   I'm definitely a lot better at this game now, then when I was a kid.  Amazingly, I passed level 3 with the spikes after only dying a few times.   Now it's Dracula himself that's stopping me from seeing an ending to this damn game. 

Simon walks v......e ........r  ....y                  s ......l  .... o   ......w.......l  .....y  in that game.
--DragonmasterDan

Colossus1574

« Reply #1426 on: October 27, 2010, 07:17:40 AM »
Last night I sat down with Metal Storm (NES) again, and finished it. Great game (it has been on my wishlist for a year or so and it was worth every day of searching for a deal) but the last boss was a bit disappointing. Today I'm going back to Just Cause 2... *sigh*

isn't Metal Storm considered Sci-Fi? hahaha j/k
anyways, here's a good review for anyone curious of this underrated NES gem, i almost forgot about this one too.  :-$

Colossus1574

« Reply #1427 on: October 27, 2010, 07:20:11 AM »
Playing some Castlevania Adventure, gameboy for the Halloween spirit.  Bought this game new back in the day but never beat it until......well, maybe never since it's very frustrating. Now it's Dracula himself that's stopping me from seeing an ending to this damn game. 

I think i only managed to finish part2 once! also a tough one...and yes he still takes his time walking and climbing ropes....

Starfighter

« Reply #1428 on: October 27, 2010, 07:35:55 AM »
Quote from: Colossus1574
isn't Metal Storm considered Sci-Fi? hahaha j/k

Ooh, you got me! :)

Edit: By the way, The Happy Video Game Nerds review of the game was one of the major reasons I started looking for it actively again! I almost forgot about it for a year or two and then he made a review of it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:38:19 AM by Starfighter »

SuperDeadite

« Reply #1429 on: October 27, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »
Metal Storm is a great game.  But I'll never understand the USA version.  For some odd reason they changed a lot of the background colors from the Japanese original.  A weird weird localization thing.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

csgx1

« Reply #1430 on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »
Simon walks v......e ........r  ....y                  s ......l  .... o   ......w.......l  .....y  in that game.
LOL, so true!  Slow downs make it even worse when the screen is filled with enemies. 

I think i only managed to finish part2 once! also a tough one...and yes he still takes his time walking and climbing ropes....

Castlevania II for gameboy is so much better than Castlevania adventure.   

After another attempt, I still can't beat Dracula.   So close, but yet so far from seeing an ending to the damn game. ](*,) 

ceti alpha

« Reply #1431 on: October 28, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »
Just cleared Bomberman '93 and now on to '94.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

« Reply #1432 on: October 28, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »
PS3
Dead Space:Man this game have a good atmosphere it's setting does remind me of alien&event horzion.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

« Reply #1433 on: October 28, 2010, 04:59:55 PM »
PS3
Dead Space:Man this game have a good atmosphere it's setting does remind me of alien&event horzion.

Oh yeah! I am waiting on the second entry. It's gonna be teh bomb! :D
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

TR0N

« Reply #1434 on: October 28, 2010, 06:16:12 PM »
PS3

Oh yeah! I am waiting on the second entry. It's gonna be teh bomb! :D
Yeah that's why i got it now since it's so cheap.I am looking forward to the sequel since that will have multiplayer etc.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

« Reply #1435 on: October 28, 2010, 06:28:06 PM »
Played some U.N. Squadron for the 'ol SNES tonight. Probably my favorite shootie on the system. I remember this one in the arcades BITD and having a near-arcade perfect port back then was awesome!

blueraven

« Reply #1436 on: October 28, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »
More JJ and Jeff, Samurai Ghost. (Genpei 2)
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Starfighter

« Reply #1437 on: October 28, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »
Mathius: How far have you gotten? I remember something about small purple airplanes or something like that - impossible to hit, on the second "plane" or something. I never got past them, after an hour of trying I gave up and Area 88 (I have the SFC-version) have now become Area Dust. I remember it was a big fight on the forum I was currently hanging out in at the time, me, some of the admins and other people couldn't get along because they couldn't accept me not liking the game. From there it got worse, with general hate and rumours and silent despice. It eventually led to me leaving the forum. Haha, a magic game. I have to play it some more, maybe I'll like it better today!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 09:30:49 PM by Starfighter »

Mathius

« Reply #1438 on: October 29, 2010, 04:31:31 AM »
Mathius: How far have you gotten? I remember something about small purple airplanes or something like that - impossible to hit, on the second "plane" or something. I never got past them, after an hour of trying I gave up and Area 88 (I have the SFC-version) have now become Area Dust. I remember it was a big fight on the forum I was currently hanging out in at the time, me, some of the admins and other people couldn't get along because they couldn't accept me not liking the game. From there it got worse, with general hate and rumours and silent despice. It eventually led to me leaving the forum. Haha, a magic game. I have to play it some more, maybe I'll like it better today!

I am not sure what they mean by those purple airplanes.  :-k I am playing the US version, so there may be some differences, but I doubt it.

I can't believe you were hated off a forum because you didn't like a game! If you didn't like Ys Book I & II I am sure you would at least be tolerated. :P  :mrgreen:

Starfighter

« Reply #1439 on: October 29, 2010, 09:47:55 AM »
It wasn't just the game per se, the situation snowballed - you know how it can be. Maybe they weren't purple, if I remember to try it out again I'll correct myself later. :)