Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65303 times)

csgx1

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #1440 on: October 29, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
Played some U.N. Squadron for the 'ol SNES tonight. Probably my favorite shootie on the system. I remember this one in the arcades BITD and having a near-arcade perfect port back then was awesome!

One of my favorite games as well.   I never played the arcade version before, but I thought there were a number of differences when ported to the SNES?  Either way the SNES version is a great game!

Purple planes?....not too sure either.  I haven't played UN Squadron in years, but I think I'll break out my copy and play it this weekend.

Tonight I'm starting on Castlevania Legends after finally beating Adventure and Castlevania 2 for gameboy.

blueraven

« Reply #1441 on: October 29, 2010, 07:11:54 PM »
DRACULA X, GoT, XANADU PT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: 8) :mrgreen:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Mathius

« Reply #1442 on: October 29, 2010, 07:29:50 PM »

I would love to give Xanadu 2 a spin.

Naturally, I got some time in on my newest acquisition Blood Gear. It's a fantastic game, with what looks like high production values, killer cinemas, a good story, and great action. I have read that the Japanese skills for enjoying the game are low, but I am still not very comfortable with the menus in the game. I have figured out a little, but not much...yet. We need a Duomozov guide badly.  :mrgreen: I recommend this sleeper of a gem to anyone who enjoys Zelda II like action/RPGs like myself. And, there needs to be more talk about this game here too. :wink:
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

blueraven

« Reply #1443 on: October 29, 2010, 07:41:54 PM »
I would love to give Xanadu 2 a spin.

It's freaking great, Mathius.

Naturally, I got some time in on my newest acquisition Blood Gear. It's a fantastic game, with what looks like high production values, killer cinemas, a good story, and great action. I have read that the Japanese skills for enjoying the game are low, but I am still not very comfortable with the menus in the game. I have figured out a little, but not much...yet. We need a Duomozov guide badly.  :mrgreen: I recommend this sleeper of a gem to anyone who enjoys Zelda II like action/RPGs like myself. And, there needs to be more talk about this game here too. :wink:

Blood gear is amazing from just about every standpoint. One of the finer games for the Duo, and yes I would agree If there is no Duomazov review we should bug runinruder and nat to take this one up soon. :D

[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Mathius

« Reply #1444 on: October 29, 2010, 08:01:03 PM »
There is one review of Blood Gear up on the Duos page, but I don't think it's nat's. A guide is what is sorely needed though.

Starfighter

« Reply #1445 on: October 30, 2010, 04:52:22 AM »
Left 4 Dead 2. We had to try the new campaign (The Sacrifice) and I'm not convinced it was a good buy. It was just three parts and had a very weak ending with no REAL action. I'd prefer if they packed every campaign on the same disc for L4D3 so I don't have to pay for downloads (I hate that) and stuff my HDD with mediocre gameplay.

Tablet

« Reply #1446 on: October 30, 2010, 06:28:25 AM »
More YS7, I'm up to the wind temple and the bird boss just kicked my ass (I did get it down to below 10k health though), this is one fight where I think I need to do a little grinding and have both projectile shooting members of the party equipped, and I think it's time to upgrage everyones weapons and equipment!

Just finished Star Wars Force Unleashed for the first time in preperation for Force Unleashed 2, I must admit I was rather disappointed with it, mainly the controls and lack of fluidity of gameplay, meh.

Haven't really done much in terms of OBEYing recently, after my PCE-SCDROM2 decided to corrupt my YS-1+2 save file when I was almost finished kinda killed it for me, I'll go back to it over the xmas hols I think on the run up to the remake release on PSP.

Mathius

« Reply #1447 on: October 30, 2010, 07:01:45 AM »
Currently playing Limbo on XBOX LIVE. This is a great atmospheric game that all you guys should try! I am loving it. It's nothing like I have ever played before!

blueraven

« Reply #1448 on: October 30, 2010, 08:15:51 AM »
Had 2 neighbors over for retr0gaming night; Dracula X, Genpei Toumanden 1 & 2, Victory Run, and Racing Spirits (which by the by is a totally kickass motorcycle game!)
--

Mathius

« Reply #1449 on: October 30, 2010, 05:50:37 PM »
Cleared Limbo tonight. The endgame gave me chills. Play this game...NOW! :twisted:

Colossus1574

« Reply #1450 on: October 30, 2010, 05:53:42 PM »
Played some U.N. Squadron for the 'ol SNES tonight. Probably my favorite shootie on the system. I remember this one in the arcades BITD and having a near-arcade perfect port back then was awesome!

One of my favorite games as well.   I never played the arcade version before, but I thought there were a number of differences when ported to the SNES?  Either way the SNES version is a great game!

The SNES version was only 1player, and you could actually choose your route/levels that would follow the storyline of AREA 88 (anime it was based off of).
There was also a sequel in the arcade that was pretty awesome too called Airwing Carrier.

Is that a sequel to Legend of Xanadu???? cause i can't f*cking play that game...too much japanese text!!!  :x

Had 2 neighbors over for retr0gaming night; Dracula X, Genpei Toumanden 1 & 2, Victory Run, and Racing Spirits (which by the by is a totally kickass motorcycle game!)

They must OBEY as well!!!!!

BlueBMW

« Reply #1451 on: October 30, 2010, 05:55:07 PM »
Played some Drac X and some Sapphire.  Found TWO alternate paths in Drac X :P  Still not very good at it though!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

« Reply #1452 on: October 30, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
Played some Drac X and some Sapphire.  Found TWO alternate paths in Drac X :P  Still not very good at it though!

Don't worry, I have had it for a year, and I still haven't managed to beat the game. Got to 'ol Drac though. He's a pain! ](*,)

blueraven

« Reply #1453 on: October 30, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »
Colossus, remember to close-quote. Yes its the Xanadu sequel. And its much easier thN the first butn less epic due to the shortness.

And yes its very intensive. Only about 4 of us (runin, nat , blacktiger, myself) english-speakers have beaten the first game :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:21:00 PM by blueraven »
--

TR0N

« Reply #1454 on: October 30, 2010, 08:25:10 PM »

Don't worry, I have had it for a year, and I still haven't managed to beat the game. Got to 'ol Drac though. He's a pain! ](*,)
Drac a pain lol ! Yeah it takes a bit to kill his frist form but his second is easy to kill.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec