Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65746 times)

Black Tiger

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #300 on: October 24, 2006, 11:24:47 PM »
Quote from: "rolins"
@Black_Tiger

First, make sure you put the system roms in the same folder with the Win68k app.

Loading games in Win68k ain't difficult. If the game is on a single disk then load it in FDD0. Then goto File --> Restart

If the game is on more than 2 disks. Load the first disk in FDD0 and the second disk in FDD1. Then goto File --> Restart. Thats should get things going.

How do you run a 5 disk game like SFII?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2006, 03:13:26 AM »
There are many reasons to love X68000. Here is one of them.
  |    | 

rolins

« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2006, 05:49:45 AM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
@Black_Tiger

First, make sure you put the system roms in the same folder with the Win68k app.

Loading games in Win68k ain't difficult. If the game is on a single disk then load it in FDD0. Then goto File --> Restart

If the game is on more than 2 disks. Load the first disk in FDD0 and the second disk in FDD1. Then goto File --> Restart. Thats should get things going.

Those multiple disk can be annoying, most times you'll have to figure them out thru trial and error.

To load Street Fighter II...
1.) Goto Options --> "The amount of MainMemory in SRAM" and set value to 10 Mbytes.
2.) Place FDD0 [Disk0] and FDD1 [Disk1]; File-->Restart.
3.)Wait for the prompt that says "Disk 2..." then place FDD1 [Disk2].
4.)Wait again and the prompt should say "Disk3..." then place FDD1 [Disk3]. The game should load after that.

PC Gaijin

« Reply #303 on: October 26, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »
Just finished a bunch of games.

Tales of Symphonia GC - the worst story and characters I have seen in an RPG in a very long time. Gameplay is decent, I like the combat system and there's lots of other neat ideas in the game, but the story is so awful it drags the entire game down.

Killer 7 GC - terrific visual style, horrible on-rails gameplay. Glad I rented.

Star Fox Assault - oh what the hell happened here...Star Fox 64 was one of my favorite N64 games, but Nintendo had to go and loan out the franchise to Namco. When this was announced long ago I think the word was that the Ace Combat team was doing it. Sounded good, but then this abomination comes out. The Arwing segments are good...but you spend most of your time on foot or in the Landmaster, which is crap (especially the on foot parts). Again, glad I rented this instead of buying.

The Bouncer - yeah, feel free to laugh. I wanted to judge this one for myself and it was indeed a poor game. Terrific real-time cutscenes and a good engine overall considering when it came out, but terrible story and mediocre gameplay. I don't expect beat-em-ups to last hours and hours, but this one can be cleared in slightly over an hour, of which 80% is cutscenes rather than gameplay. Rental again.

Klonoa Lunatea's Veil - I thought I'd like this one more than I did since it reviewed highly. I played one of the GBA games a few years back and wasn't impressed. The PS2 game has similar gameplay. I normally like 2.5D platformers, and this one is certainly very pretty, but the gameplay is just boring. The worst thing is that Namco stuffed a story between every level that slows everything down tremendously. And the characters all talk in a chirping pseudo-language that you can't skip... :x Yep, another rental.

Lot of clunkers for me lately. I really hope Final Fantasy XII turns out well. I haven't anticipated a game as much as that one in a long time.

Black Tiger

« Reply #304 on: October 27, 2006, 06:57:48 AM »
@Black_Tiger

Those multiple disk can be annoying, most times you'll have to figure them out thru trial and error.

To load Street Fighter II...
1.) Goto Options --> "The amount of MainMemory in SRAM" and set value to 10 Mbytes.
2.) Place FDD0 [Disk0] and FDD1 [Disk1]; File-->Restart.
3.)Wait for the prompt that says "Disk 2..." then place FDD1 [Disk2].
4.)Wait again and the prompt should say "Disk3..." then place FDD1 [Disk3]. The game should load after that.

Awesome thanks a lot, I finally got it working. Before I only got like one of the Ys games working.

How the hell did you figure that out?

SFII'CE looks pretty much identical, except for some slightly different colors and possibly a lower resolution. The sfx are a lot less perfect and the sound sways back and forth between arcade and PCE sounding.

Do you know what button captures a screenshot?

FM-77

« Reply #305 on: October 27, 2006, 11:05:46 AM »

Alt+print screen.  :wink:

rolins

« Reply #306 on: October 27, 2006, 02:42:34 PM »

Awesome thanks a lot, I finally got it working. Before I only got like one of the Ys games working.

How the hell did you figure that out?

I ran into the same problems before, and I've solved most of them thru trial and error. I heard the best way around mulitple disks is to make a HDD image and dump the floppy contents into that. I don't know how to do this though, so if you if find out let me know.

As Seldane mentioned earlier Alt + Print Screen is the only way.

TR0N

« Reply #307 on: October 31, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »
Neo Geo
League Bowling
Top Hunter

DC
RE3 i was in the mood a for a RE game again.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rolins

« Reply #308 on: November 02, 2006, 03:44:19 PM »
After watching some youtube vids they got me playing some of my old favorites.

Sega Genesis:
Fire Shark
Streets of Rage 2

MSX:
Aleste 2
Parodius

Keranu

« Reply #309 on: November 02, 2006, 03:56:17 PM »

Sega Genesis:
Fire Shark
Streets of Rage 2

Dude you were totally watching Kamino's videos weren't you :D ? Kamino is a friend of mine whom I've met a couple of times; he's a psycho path :lol: .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rolins

« Reply #310 on: November 02, 2006, 04:10:21 PM »
@Keranu

Yup, his videos got playing the genesis again.

Psychopath? I guess, he sure is half-drunk in most of his videos.  :D

Keranu

« Reply #311 on: November 02, 2006, 04:34:25 PM »
Kamino has deep hatred for NES, platform games, and woman and has HUGE pride of living in the state of Wisconsin.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rolins

« Reply #312 on: November 02, 2006, 05:53:59 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Kamino has deep hatred for NES, platform games, and woman and has HUGE pride of living in the state of Wisconsin.

I understand the animosity toward Nes, but why platform games?
Platformers is the one genre that anyone can agree on.

Keranu

« Reply #313 on: November 02, 2006, 05:57:19 PM »
I understand the animosity toward Nes, but why platform games? Platformers is the one genre that anyone can agree on.

I really wish I knew the answer for that :\ .

Black Tiger

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #314 on: November 05, 2006, 09:21:46 AM »
Quote from: Keranu
I understand the animosity toward Nes, but why platform games?
Platformers is the one genre that anyone can agree on.

Can you explain the animosity towards NES for me then?

It makes more sense to hate on a genre then an entire console. I don't like nearly all Sports games and don't play mahjong, but I don't really hate any particular video game system.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 09:23:33 AM by Black_Tiger »