Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 62971 times)

FM-77

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #405 on: February 23, 2007, 12:27:45 PM »
Indeed they are. :wink:

I just played it some more. It pissed me off. :x I suck at FPS games. :P

Keranu

« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2007, 05:05:01 PM »
I played the 360 Far Cry a little bit at my uncle's house once. Man the AI is incredibly stupid in that game.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2007, 05:41:39 PM »
Starting playing Oblivion again.  I really hated it for the longest time since Morrowind was way better, but since there's no other good western RPGs out right now and I'm f*cking sick of Jap RPGs for a while I figured I'd try it again.  Its actually really fun once I quit comparing it to Morrowind, hopefully I won't get sick of it before Bullet Witch comes out since that's the next game I want.

termis

« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2007, 08:09:02 PM »
PCE Double Dragon II.  I got it months ago, and beat it on normal setting, and I just stored in away.  Couldn't get any sleep, so I played in hard and beat it.  Man, is the last boss cheap.  The "best" ending is a motive to actually play it on hard.

Not the best, but a solid beat-em-up for the Duo.  I can't think of any other good beat-em-ups on the duo other than Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (River City Ransom).     

In fact, other than Riot Zone - which I'm not impressed with - I don't even know any other beat-em-ups for the PCE/TG.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »
Tonight I played Gate of Thunder.  Who here is jealous of me?

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2007, 08:59:19 PM »
PCE Double Dragon II.  I got it months ago, and beat it on normal setting, and I just stored in away.  Couldn't get any sleep, so I played in hard and beat it.  Man, is the last boss cheap.  The "best" ending is a motive to actually play it on hard.

Not the best, but a solid beat-em-up for the Duo.  I can't think of any other good beat-em-ups on the duo other than Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (River City Ransom).     

In fact, other than Riot Zone - which I'm not impressed with - I don't even know any other beat-em-ups for the PCE/TG.

That crappy one with the women gangs and 50ies pop rock junk soundtrack. I think it was called Ane-San.
Yea I think the Genesis/Megadrive ruled these types of games. I dont think it was lack of power that kept alot more being produced for Pc Engine either. With the Arcade Card they could have made alot of them,or made them on Hu-Cards in large meg size.

I think the only other real beat'em up I like that you didn't mention for Pc-Engine is Vigilante. I did like Double Dragon 2 for Pc-Engine,but I like the arcade game more and in the process enjoy playing the Mega Drive port more. People dump on Riot Zone alot,but I always liked it,and still do. It had the average amount of moves for a beat'em up,and it was fun to play to me,and the graphics were slightly above average considering the sprite size.

People always knock the lack of amount of moves,because Streets of Rage 2 has a ton,but they forget most other games in this genre like TMNT had only the simple button attack combo,a trow,special attack,and a jump attack. Not much more. I don't feel it broke any  molds in the genre but I still enjoyed it like other titles like Rival Turf. Not the best,but not the worst. The worst are titles like Ninja Clowns by IT,Battletoads/DoubleDragon,garbage like that.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:05:09 PM by Michael Helgeson »

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2007, 09:02:53 PM »
Tonight I played Gate of Thunder.  Who here is jealous of me?

Tonite I played trough and beat Dai Makaimura on MegaDrive. Who here is jealous of me?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2007, 10:05:41 PM »
I promise I would be jealous if I knew what that was.  But since I don't you'll just have to be jealous of me as I go down and play Ghouls N' Ghosts on easy (which is disguised as "Professional") on the 16-bit Sega Genesis video entertainment super system.  It's 100% arcade perfect.  A guy named Air Raid or some such nonsense told me.

esteban

« Reply #413 on: February 24, 2007, 02:02:50 AM »
I promise I would be jealous if I knew what that was.  But since I don't you'll just have to be jealous of me as I go down and play Ghouls N' Ghosts on easy (which is disguised as "Professional") on the 16-bit Sega Genesis video entertainment super system.  It's 100% arcade perfect.  A guy named Air Raid or some such nonsense told me.
Indeed, I have been playing the NES Strider and it is *nearly* arcade perfect, just as AirRaidX was fond of pointing out. ;)
  |    | 

FM-77

« Reply #414 on: February 24, 2007, 02:08:33 AM »
I played the 360 Far Cry a little bit at my uncle's house once. Man the AI is incredibly stupid in that game.

If the AI's anything like the PC game, it's stupid at the easier difficulties, but awesome at the hardest ones.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #415 on: February 24, 2007, 02:13:01 AM »

LOL yea I heard people say alot of shit about him and make fun of him on youtube.The Genesis/Megadrive is far from perfect.Its a good port,but easily could have benefited from extra ram for more details. The Supergrafx version has more details in its stages,but its not perfect either. As far as the Sega port goes,its still pretty good,and its fun to play which is what counts. I am happy with its port.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #416 on: February 24, 2007, 05:55:46 AM »
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst.  Anyone else play this?

I loved PSO on DC and GC and now with those servers going down in april its good to have PSOBB online!!

And for free no-less!

TS

GUTS

« Reply #417 on: February 24, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »
^^ I started playing a little, but I hate playing games on a computer so I quit pretty fast.  I bet a lot of people are going back to BB since Universe wasn't very good.

TR0N

« Reply #418 on: February 24, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst.  Anyone else play this?

I loved PSO on DC and GC and now with those servers going down in april its good to have PSOBB online!!

And for free no-less!
TS
Nope afther being burned out on PSO ep1&2 for the gc.

I just don't feel like messing around with PSO ever again.

Last year i'd pickup psu for the, PS2 when ever i get around to playing it online.

That will be the only online PS game i'll mess with.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #419 on: February 25, 2007, 01:42:43 AM »
Played Bad Day LA last night. Despite every bad review the game got,I thought it was done pretty good.