Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65270 times)

akamichi

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2007, 04:13:22 AM »
Haven't played much lately...

PS3:
VF5

DS:
Hotel Dusk - enjoying every minute

Wii:
Excite Truck
DBZ whatever-super-ultra-power-up-battle

That's been it since the beginning of the year.

FM-77

« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2007, 05:12:46 AM »
Oh! You have a PS3!

*Super-envy!* :shock:

Keranu

« Reply #422 on: February 25, 2007, 02:52:07 PM »
I got my oldest bro Wario Ware: Smooth Moves (Wii) yesterday for his birthday and have been playing it practically non-stop with my brothers. Lots of fun and the multiplayer portion is totally underrated.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

termis

« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2007, 04:34:25 PM »
Went through a quick run of Samurai Shodown IV on the Saturn.  There's something about slashing your opponent and seeing a splash of blood shoot out.  No other 2D fighter quite had that right like the SS series.

I'm annoyed that my original Sega 4M RAM cart doesn't work well with this game - it loads, but the sprites for the 2P characters gets all messed up.  It's with the 1M cart.  Anyone else have this game and have this problem?

TR0N

« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2007, 05:26:41 PM »
I'm annoyed that my original Sega 4M RAM cart doesn't work well with this game - it loads, but the sprites for the 2P characters gets all messed up.  It's with the 1M cart.  Anyone else have this game and have this problem?
Most snk ports are ment to run with the 1M Ram cart not 4M.

Other wise you will get a glitch in the graphics like you mention.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 04:06:55 PM by Tron »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

« Reply #425 on: February 25, 2007, 05:35:11 PM »
Does Saturn Cotton 2  support the 4MB RAM cart, the 1MB RAM cart, or NO RAM cart?  Or all three?  I've always been confused about this, and I can't tell any difference.

FM-77

« Reply #426 on: February 25, 2007, 09:05:41 PM »
It doesn't support any of it.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #427 on: February 25, 2007, 11:43:02 PM »
KOF 97 will work with the 4 meg cart,but it has a longer load time initially with it if I remember right,which was kinda annoying. Really its best to use the 1 meg cart on all the SNK titles  I cant remember if the Real Bouts have problems or not,and I was thinking Metal Slug only liked the 1 meg cart,could be wrong on that though,as its been years since I messed with the Saturn ports.

My son got some Spongebob game for Wii, It actually controls well,and it seemed kinda fun,just not my type of game. So basically he has been playing that,and I am still playing Bad Day LA.

Digi.k

« Reply #428 on: February 26, 2007, 05:51:19 AM »
Does Saturn Cotton 2  support the 4MB RAM cart, the 1MB RAM cart, or NO RAM cart?  Or all three?  I've always been confused about this, and I can't tell any difference.

You will hear extra sampled voices but thats it..

replaying lunar 2 eternal blue till my xbox 360 comes back from MS.. >.<
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:53:31 AM by Digi.k »

termis

« Reply #429 on: February 26, 2007, 06:00:09 AM »
Real Bout Special will work fine with the 4MB cart, it even says right on the cover that it supports it.

As for Cotton 2, the Shin Force site says that it uses an optional 2MB mode, so I checked out the cover scan from here.

And it says right there in the green/blue box that it supports it.  It's a little bit blurry and my Japanese isn't good enough to completely guess at all the Kanji, but it does seem to say that you can play without it, but if you do something about *voices* (the middle row sentence).

So some voices come out that you normally wouldn't hear?  I dunno.  If any Japanese speakers can make out the Kanjis, what the hell does it say? 

Welp, nevermind... what I wrote above... Seems like digi.k verified what I said (before I hit the post button).

termis

« Reply #430 on: February 26, 2007, 07:28:21 AM »
As for Cotton 2, the Shin Force site says that it uses an optional 2MB mode, so I checked out the cover scan from here.

Oh, and I'm not sure about the whole "2MB" mode for Cotton 2.  I'd bet that the voices would work fine with the 1MB cart, since the above cover only mentioned the regular RAM expansion cart (meaning 1MB cart).  But I don't have the game, so that's only an assumption.

Digi.k

« Reply #431 on: February 26, 2007, 08:43:07 AM »
I've only tested Cotton 2 with Capcom's 4MB ram cart so I can't say if its compatible with anything else...

Well when you boot up cotton 2 for the first time you get these 2 screens I think they basically to tell you if you dont have enough ram to save your game etc...

This one tells you about the external memory save cart.

And finally on the title screen it will tell you that its detected the memory expansion

You can view the whole game here..

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #432 on: February 26, 2007, 11:02:37 AM »
Trying to get Rockman X3 Saturn version complete on youtube. I'm first videotaping it, THEN capturing it.

On top of that I have ALOT of editing to do because of the loading times.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #433 on: February 26, 2007, 11:03:32 AM »
Back when I had Real Bout Special,I had the Real Bout Collection that had both Special and normal Real Bout. I just don't remember if both games work fine with the 4 meg cart. Same with KOF 96. I remember Samurai Spirits 3 working ok with 4 Meg cart...

KOF 95  had its own ram cart,and Fighters History Dynamite too I think. Marvel Super Heroes used the 4 Meg for sure,and I think could use the 1 meg cart also. Even the USA release worked with the 4 meg cart. Galaxy Fight didn't need it,but I think for a good experience Waku Waku 7 and Astra Superstars did need  a ram cart. Pocket Fighter was improved with the ram carts too I think. Ultraman had its own ram cart it needed,but man that game sucked badly. Fatal Fury 3 did not use one,and neither did World heroes perfect. Then you have the other Capcom releases that used the 4 meg cart,and a couple others I think.

Just been way too long since I had any of those SNK ports and messed with them. I am just more inclined to own the Neo carts these days.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 11:15:07 AM by Michael Helgeson »

TR0N

« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2007, 03:50:27 PM »
Wii/VC
Zelda LTTP
Super Castlevania IV
Wii Play

Famicom
The Goonies II:My memory is fuzzy on playing this.

Btw the selection on the vc is nice but i don't like there prices.

I'll probably won't be spending to much on it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 02:28:07 PM by Tron »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec