Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63116 times)

Keranu

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2007, 08:28:36 AM »
Holy crap, that sucks, Akaimichi. I am soooo sorry for you :( . This is coming from one Turbo brother to another.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #556 on: May 27, 2007, 01:40:34 PM »
akamichi, just remember when someone says the Legendary Axe two is a hard game - you can say I could have beat the game with my eyes closed!

again, sorry about the loss, but its a story that you can tell again and again!

termis

« Reply #557 on: May 27, 2007, 05:51:10 PM »
Sega Tourring Car Championship on the Saturn.  Awesome BGM, but gawdawful graphics.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #558 on: May 29, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »
Just BIN'ed PCE Manji Maru off ebay. Waiting for it is gonna be torture.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #559 on: May 29, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »
Never heard of it.  But then again, all PCE titles sound the same to me since they don't use English like they damn well should!

Black Tiger

« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2007, 12:30:19 PM »
Never heard of it.  But then again, all PCE titles sound the same to me since they don't use English like they damn well should!

The game also goes by: Far East of Eden II.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Joe Redifer

« Reply #561 on: May 29, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »
He should have said that!  I hope he can read Japanese because otherwise it won't be any fun to play since I think that one is an RPG.

FM-77

« Reply #562 on: May 29, 2007, 12:44:09 PM »
I played some (well, four hours) P*nis Write Ass Attourney when I was sick yesterday. It was actually quite fun. Huh. Whaddaya know. Didn't expect it to be.

PS: Everybody ignored my Dawn of Mana praise earlier. Shame on you. Shame on you all.

Now, play it.

Keranu

« Reply #563 on: May 29, 2007, 01:12:32 PM »
He should have said that!  I hope he can read Japanese because otherwise it won't be any fun to play since I think that one is an RPG.
Figuring out the menus and following Black_Tiger's walkthrough for it makes it a blast for us non-Japanese speakers. Since Ninja Spirit already knows the menus, it should be a breeze for him  8) . Seriously though, from the 10 hours I've played of it, it's awesome!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

nat

« Reply #564 on: May 29, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »
I've played 11 hours of it and I can confidently say things take a turn for the worst around the 10 hour 15 minute mark.

Black Tiger

« Reply #565 on: May 29, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »
You guys may be past the revised portion of my TMII walkthrough, but here's the latest version as I was redoing it-

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.com/tengai_makyou_ii_walkthrough.txt
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MrFulci

« Reply #566 on: May 29, 2007, 02:16:04 PM »
Samurai Shodown 4 I jsut spent some time with this evening.

Never saw much of this in the Arcades, plenty of 1 and 2.

I have to share my gaming on this today because I was finishing off an opponent, and during my last strike, the game does the slow-motion thing, all of a sudden blood sprayed from my opponent's chest and all over my character, hahaha, painted in blood winning the match.

I'm used to the blood fountain in this series, but this spray that paints part of my character with blood was special... hahaha.

I didn't replicate it throughout the rest of my playing time. I need to lookup what that button combination was....
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #567 on: May 29, 2007, 03:06:48 PM »
I do not know way too much Japanese, but I do take playing import RPG's from a different approach, and I like other languages period. That's one way I learn and get real time experience past the "how-to books" is to just jump in it and not think so much about not getting the story and the fun being ruined. I may not learn on a conversational level, but I do familiarize myself with the two basic character tables (but the big ones with the fancy brushstrokes are still out of my league, I still have to throw coins in the dark if I have to deal with those)

While I've been playing *FAR EAST OF EDEN: UNFORTUNATELY KABUKI'S STORY* and putting those vids out on YouTube, I picked up a whole lot of new words especially from scenes with text and voice done at once and write them in a notebook.

I also use a program called "JWPCE" which also has a built in dictonary, and that really helps out in shopping for items and weapons.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 03:26:13 PM by Ninja Spirit »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #568 on: May 29, 2007, 05:56:10 PM »
I did not play any games today.

nat

« Reply #569 on: May 29, 2007, 06:22:27 PM »
Neither did I, oddly enough.

I almost sat down for a quick game of Chip Can Kick on the PC-FX but then I decided I had better go to TCBY instead for an after dinner treat.