Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65020 times)

Keranu

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #720 on: June 17, 2007, 08:44:22 AM »
But the SNK community insists that SS2 is one of the best fighting games on the system.
I would never, ever insist SS2, or any SS for that matter, as one of the best fighting games on the system :D . Move on to the better fighting games already, Joe! ;) Though then again the AES versions are too damn expensive.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #721 on: June 17, 2007, 08:54:47 AM »
I did move on to a better fighting game... I wrote that I was playing SvC Chaos.

Keranu

« Reply #722 on: June 17, 2007, 08:59:28 AM »
SvC ain't nothin  :mrgreen: .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #723 on: June 17, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »
Compared to Samurai Shodown, it's f*ckin' godly!

Turbo D

« Reply #724 on: June 17, 2007, 09:22:04 AM »
svc chaos is bad ass!

MrFulci

« Reply #725 on: June 17, 2007, 09:55:31 AM »
SS2 is very much a challenge. I enjoy the game.

When I read this thread, something comes to mind (the board member golgo13 helped ressurect this recently)

- Mortal Kombat, on Sega Genesis, is the best video game ever.
- I disagree, it's a very good game, but i think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
- Donkey Kong sucks.
- You know something? YOU SUCK!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Keranu

« Reply #726 on: June 17, 2007, 10:21:50 AM »
Compared to Samurai Shodown, it's f*ckin' godly!
Then KoF'98 is Christian Slater.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #727 on: June 17, 2007, 10:42:29 AM »
Maybe so, maybe so.  I wouldn't know.  Buy me the AES version for my birthday.

Keranu

« Reply #728 on: June 17, 2007, 11:03:50 AM »
Damn it, Joe, ditch that AES already! You're gonna go flat broke if you keep buying games for it :D !

Joe Redifer

« Reply #729 on: June 17, 2007, 11:57:57 AM »
I only ever intended to have about 15 games for it.  The AES was cheap as hell, cheaper than an MVS.  And I've never seen an MVS with a standard 8-pin DIN RGB output.  Plus it takes up a lot less space than an MVS from what I've seen, and looks prettier.  Prettier is what matters.  My friends would beat me up if they saw something ugly at my house like an MVS or a Jaguar.  Now be quiet and buy me KoF 98 AES for my birthday.  It's July 23rd.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:59:34 AM by Joe Redifer »

Keranu

« Reply #730 on: June 17, 2007, 12:03:00 PM »
My MVS only costed like $70 and the cool thing is you can design your own case for it however you want! I don't have a case for mine yet, but my MVS is pretty small, smaller than an AES for sure. It can be more space consuming, yeah, but that's video games for 'ya and it sure as hell beats the price for AES games. I'll buy you KoF'95 for Gameboy on your birthday :) .

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #731 on: June 17, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
But the SNK community insists that SS2 is one of the best fighting games on the system.  That and it's cheap were the reasons I chose it.  I guess SNK fans just like crap.  It would explain a lot.  The game just isn't fun to play.  I plugged in some SvC Chaos and was relieved to play a game that was actually playable!  YES, a playable fighter on the Neo Geo.  Who woulda thought?  Still has the chunky gradients that most Neo Geo games do, though.  The Neo Geo cannot do smooth gradients.  Not enough colors.

I'm sorry Joe,maybe its just that you suck horribly at fighting games,or most that are not made by Capcom. You bitch all the time about how hard fighters are,esp the SNK ones,and rant how much SNK sucks this and that,but all this makes you look like a f*ckin poser with your AES and the few carts you have. Like you own one just to say you do. SNK is notorious for making hard games,that is just how it is,and how it always has been. You sound worse then the Angry Nintendo Nerd. I agree,alot of SNK fighters are hard,but I mean,they are for people who like a challenge.

And for all your ungodly complaining,it sounds like you really should avoid the Neo system all together,and most fighting games in general unless they have Capcom on them and were made pre-CPS3. You want easy? Go play Fatty Bear on 3DO or some other basic game like Mortal Kombat 1 on your Genesis or simply just stick to your old Capcom ports.

Also,alot of people who complain about fighting games being too hard,typically they are people who don't generally play them anyway. Does not mean the games suck,just means the person trying to play them sucks at them horribly. This may just not be the type of game you should be playing Joe. Maybe you are meant to stick with puzzle,action,and golf games and the RPGS you usually play.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #732 on: June 17, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »
I also agree with the Neo forums members who feel Samurai Showdown 2 is one of the best fighters ever made. It pretty much is. There is stuff in it that was not done well anywhere else. The graphics were solid,audio great,control was spot on,and it was a challenge as you learned to play it and there was tons to learn.

Keranu

« Reply #733 on: June 17, 2007, 12:21:15 PM »
Well the thing is is that arcade fighting games are mostly designed for two players versuing each other in mind, so most of the focus is spent on designing the gameplay for two players rather than focusing on a single player mode. Have fun going to an arcade trying to beat some fighting game when people keep joining in to fight you instead because that's just the way the ball rolls.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #734 on: June 17, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »
Sounds like I made the NeoGeo fanboy weep.  Good, that's what I was going for.  Anyway I'm pretty damn good at most fighting games as I said before.  It's just that SNK doesn't seem to make them very well (although I certainly haven't played them all).  The controls are shit.  Maybe it is because I am playing with an SNK-made CDZ pad (or whatever it is).  Maybe I should try it with the gigantic NeoGeo joystick.  But still, the single player game is not very forgiving with the controls.  Like I also said, the game would probably be great with two players, but I don't have other game players that live with me, so I must play single player most of the time.  And the reason I trash the Neo Geo so much is because people like you, Michael, hype it up as being greater than the second coming of Christ and when it doesn't live up to your lofty praises, I am left quite disappointed.  To you, the NeoGeo can do no wrong, and when I see fanboys like you I become sickened.  I do it for ANY system where somebody praises the hell out of it.  Look around and I think you'll always find that I'm almost always the devil's advocate.  I like games that are actually enjoyable to play, and I enjoy playing my NeoGeo, I even enjoy SvC Chaos a great deal (except Geonutz).  I like KoF because I have 95-97 on my Saturn, but I don't like how they have to load each character so I rarely play them.  Fatal Fury 2 is actually really good in 2 player despite not having a VS mode of any kind.  I assume the same goes for Samurai Shodown.  But is it too much to ask for a game to be fun during single player?  I'm not the kind of guy who goes around congratulating myself because I beat a hard game.  The first thing you did when you saw me complain about the difficulty is tell me how you can beat it with only a few credits on level 4.  Good for you, twinkletoes.  Can I get your autograph?  I hope my lack of tr00 skill makes you feel better about yourself.  I imagine tr00 NeoGeo owners go around and say things like "It's a NeoGeo thing, you wouldn't understand".  It's a clique.  They want to think of themselves as "different" and perhaps "better".

Also I don't play puzzle games (I truly suck ass at them), and I have no clue what RPGS even is.  Do you mean RPG?  I rarely play them.  And Mortal Kombat 1 (and 2 and 3 and 4 and whatever) all suck ass.  Capcom fighters are generally pretty good, except for JoJo, I didn't like that one at all.  And I don't like the Marvel games too much (though X-Men vs Street Fighter is one of my favs).

Keranu, only homeless people can't afford the AES.  MVS is the poor-man's NeoGeo.  I don't want to build my own case.  I hate woodworking.  Plus your joystick is bigger than my entire table.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 12:50:43 PM by Joe Redifer »