Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65444 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #780 on: July 09, 2007, 05:26:14 PM »
I've been playing a lot of Halo 2 Vista lately... on XP. f*ck you Microsoft, f*ck you! Nerd hackers 1, Micro-penis-soft 0. :D

This game is so incredibly good I cannot possibly put it in words. It even outbeats Halo 1, and that's NOT a small feat! I'm shocked by the sheer perfection of this fantastic game. Incredible. Everybody who hasn't played it yet: DO IT NOW! :shock:

I cannot imagine how good Halo 3 will be. It's going to be the final game in the series, and I assume they made that decision simply because they couldn't possibly improve the next game in any way possible, as Halo 3 will be the first and only perfect game.

I love Halo 2 multiplayer, but don't like the campaign or Halo 1.

The Halo 3 beta was fun. I can't wait to fully customize games and record the results. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

termis

« Reply #781 on: July 11, 2007, 07:31:12 PM »
FINALLY finished with my GMATs.  Thank f*cking goodness!  Time for some video gaming!  I hardly touched video games for the past two months or so.

- Sapphire.  Wow, what the PCE was capable of... (I can't believe games like Wonder Momo is for the same system!)  Maybe I'm a shooter wimp, but I don't get it when people say this is an easy shooter.

- Valis I for PCE.  I quite like it!  Simple but fun.

- Galaga 88.  I quite like it!  Even more simple but fun.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #782 on: July 11, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Just finished with the Ace Combat 6 demo for the Xbox 360.  I quite like it!  It's the first 360 game I am actually looking forward to... ever!

Turbo D

« Reply #783 on: July 11, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
I know you don't like fps, but have you played quake 4 on it. I have  the pc version, its pretty cool.

TR0N

« Reply #784 on: July 11, 2007, 11:21:28 PM »
- Sapphire.  Wow, what the PCE was capable of... (I can't believe games like Wonder Momo is for the same system!)  Maybe I'm a shooter wimp, but I don't get it when people say this is an easy shooter.
If ya set, Sapphire to easy it is while playing on normal and such is more of a challenge.

Easy gives ya the most continues while on normal it's less.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MrFulci

« Reply #785 on: July 13, 2007, 06:24:08 PM »
I've been mixing it up this week.

Neo Geo:

- Samurai Shodown - I played this through to completion, 32 continues.

Sega Genesis:

- Road Rash 3 - Still messing with level 4, I have 2 tracks to qualify on. So much shit in the road. I need to be, "in the zone" to get into these later levels and qualify.

- Road Rash 2 - I started playing this week, I'm on level 2, trying different bikes. I'm going to cruise around level 2 for a while, try different bikes, build $, etc.

Road Rash games are nice to play here and there. With the passwords, I can play a few tracks here and there, take a break, come back to it later.

The PC Engine hasn't had mcuh use lately, though I'll return to it soon for "Efera & Jilioria".
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

nat

« Reply #786 on: July 13, 2007, 09:24:07 PM »
Today was a TurboGrafx exclusive!

* The arcade classic Vigilante!
* Forgotten Worlds, another arcade wonder!
* Followed up with a little R-Type (CD version)...
* Then proceeded to make some progress in Shape Shifter (I'm liking this game, despite others' misgivings)
* Finished off with a round of Devil's Crush. I haven't played this game in FOREVER. One of my biggest peeves with Alien and Devil is that the high score table isn't saved. So I decided to do a test with Devil's Crush since I've never used the save state feature before (who saves a game of pinball?). Lo and behold, if you save your game the high score table is saved a well! Killer! Now if there was only a way to save in Alien Crush...

Keranu

« Reply #787 on: July 14, 2007, 11:29:34 AM »
I thought the high scores in Devil's Crush automatically saved regardless if you used the save state feature or not.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #788 on: July 14, 2007, 12:16:35 PM »
Took a stroll through Goodwill and bought a awesome Genesis shooter

That would be VAPOR TRAIL. Played nothing but hard mode.

nat

« Reply #789 on: July 14, 2007, 12:17:52 PM »
I thought the high scores in Devil's Crush automatically saved regardless if you used the save state feature or not.

No, they get reset every time you power off.

Turbo D

« Reply #790 on: July 14, 2007, 12:58:41 PM »
I think you can get the password, just pause and press select or something.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #791 on: July 14, 2007, 01:35:16 PM »
Never turn your Turbo off.  The high scores will always remain, even for Alien Crush!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #792 on: July 14, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »
Never turn your Turbo off.  The high scores will always remain, even for Alien Crush!

That makes it a little difficult to play any other game though.  Just scribble your high scores on the wall - it's what all the cool people do.  :wink:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Joe Redifer

« Reply #793 on: July 15, 2007, 01:19:17 PM »
So?  If you want to play another game, just buy another Turbo.  Duh.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #794 on: July 16, 2007, 04:05:01 AM »
So?  If you want to play another game, just buy another Turbo.  Duh.

Damn, what was I thinking?  That's me, I guess; always trying to take the easy way out.  [-(
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles