Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 62980 times)

MrFulci

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #795 on: July 29, 2007, 07:29:51 AM »
Nothing much the past 5-7 days, though in the time since I last posted in this thread:

Sega Genesis:

- Road Rash 3 - Only have to complete the Kenya track on level 5. That track sucks. I've gone this far through the game without cheating, hwoever due to this track beign pretty awful (Many curves,a nd crap int he road), I may summon the game genie so I can see the ending.

- Road Rash 2 - I'm nearly complete with level 3. I'm racing and gathering funds to buy the Diablo.

PS1:

- Road Rash - Same deal as Road Rash 2 for the Genesis.

MVS:

- Random Samurai Shodown games here and there. When SS 5 (Zero) arrived yesterday, I played that for about 10 minutes to see how it differed from SS5 Special.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

« Reply #796 on: July 29, 2007, 09:29:33 AM »
Cellular Gaming at its Finest (I have some Verizon phone that is at least a year old).

I finally passed the ice level (8 miles left) in Bonk's Return! I had known what I needed to do for... months? I just didn't have any desire to waste my time with performing a pixel perfect "medium" jump with shoddy cell phone buttons.

Well, that's how I felt until Wednesday of this past week, that is, when I had some free time on the train (I forgot to bring a book) and found salvation in my cell phone.

Anyway, now I'm at the final stage (thankfully, the subsequent 7 stages didn't have any stupid parts like the ice level... although there were some annoying moments due to the horrible controls).

This last level is proving to be quite a pain in the ass. We'll see what happens...

Neo Gradius. I paid friggin' $8 for this shite on thursday (or friday) this past week. Holy crap, I think I'm going to request a refund. It's a horrible mess, and I should have known better. The controls are horrendous: often, I push a button to move in the corresponding direction and nothing happens! So, I try again. No response. Holy crap, I'm gonna die. Crap!

There are "score attack" modes and they are pretty kool (you unlock new weapons!).

I have enjoyed the game, when the controls are working, and if this was $3-4 I wouldn't be complaining. But $8 for this? Ouch.

I'm a sucker, apparently.

Scrabble Blast -- continues to provide fun, which is pretty impressive because I've had this game for almost a year? I actually bought the GBA version more than a year ago but I haven't opened it yet. Anyway, I'm enjoying the "One Bag" mode because I've rarely played it and I'm sick of the other modes.

Might & Magic -- I think I'm pretty far in this game. It has actually been quite enjoyable... but I'm sorta stuck now and I haven't figured out what I need to do next. I'll eventually get back to it. One thing that annoyed me: whilst playing, I flipped the lid of my phone closed, which usually  turns the game off. For some reason, the game remained active and I lost a life. WTF? 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 09:45:09 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #797 on: July 30, 2007, 05:44:49 PM »
PS2
Odin Sphere:Started playing it again and about done on it too  #-o

Famicom
Splatterhouse Wanpaku Grafitti

PCE
Bomberman 93

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #798 on: July 30, 2007, 06:41:29 PM »
Metal Gear Portable Ops for PSP has been taking up most of my time, followed by Illusion Of Gaia and Gradius III on an actual S-Video SNES and Blazing Star via emulation.

I wish I could find my original Unreal Tournament disc....

Turbo D

« Reply #799 on: July 30, 2007, 06:45:00 PM »
Illusion of gaia is one of the coolest rpgs on the snes  :D

TR0N

« Reply #800 on: July 30, 2007, 07:10:38 PM »
Illusion of gaia is one of the coolest rpgs on the snes  :D
That's one snes arpg i never got to play.

I remember during the 90's, QVC was trying to sell copys of it and show it's gameplay.

It be some thing if it ends-up on the vc i give it a try.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #801 on: July 30, 2007, 07:24:35 PM »
I'll be frank, it's cool, but it's no Square. ;)

akamichi

« Reply #802 on: July 31, 2007, 12:32:48 AM »
Been playing Murder Club lately.  I beat it waaaay back when and never played it since.  I think I like the game more now than I did back then.

PC Engine

Murder Club
Daimakaimura
Granzort (better than I expected.  Pretty good but not great)

Probably tackle Battle Ace and Aldynes next. :)

GUTS

« Reply #803 on: July 31, 2007, 12:21:46 PM »
Steve you need a DS or one of the new PSPs (in october) so you don't have to play those awful cell phone games anymore on your train rides.  It makes the whole world sad when you spend $8 on a cell phone game!

Turbo D

« Reply #804 on: July 31, 2007, 01:07:47 PM »
what about those bad ass sega releases on the cell phone?

Kitsunexus

« Reply #805 on: July 31, 2007, 01:13:30 PM »
turbo d's right, the Sega cell games rock...

esteban

« Reply #806 on: July 31, 2007, 03:55:53 PM »
Steve you need a DS or one of the new PSPs (in october) so you don't have to play those awful cell phone games anymore on your train rides.  It makes the whole world sad when you spend $8 on a cell phone game!
I know! The sad thing is that I always say to myself: "I don't have any room for a handheld, so I'll just use my phone."

Of course, the problem could be solved by getting a new briefcase or bag! That's what I need to do...
  |    | 

GUTS

« Reply #807 on: August 01, 2007, 12:37:58 PM »
Get a fanny pack and some muscle pants and you'll be set.  Keep in mind you would also need some converse shoes and shirts with the sleeves torn off.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #808 on: August 01, 2007, 12:57:31 PM »
Yesterday I played some Gate of Thunder (got second place!!!!) as well as John Madden Duo Turbo CD Power Football (it says during the FMV intro that it's for the Turbo Duo but it works on my TG-16 CD drive... I guess they didn't feel like mentioning that since they hated TG-16-CD owners) and a bit of Ys Book 1 and 2.  Who here is jealous?

Turbo D

« Reply #809 on: August 01, 2007, 01:03:11 PM »
me :x