Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65180 times)

TR0N

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #810 on: August 01, 2007, 04:29:55 PM »
Bump!

Finsh Odin Sphere finally got the good ending too.

Still i feel the leveling system is a hassle if any at all  ](*,)

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #811 on: August 02, 2007, 06:21:44 PM »
Purchased Super Street Fighter 2, BattleClash, and Darius Twin for SNES.

Going to be very busy... ^_^

EDIT: Is BattleClash controller compatible? I don't have a SuperScope. T_T
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:28:46 PM by Kitsunexus »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #812 on: August 02, 2007, 07:32:06 PM »
Answered my own question with a ROM. BattleClash is going back tomorrow.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #813 on: August 02, 2007, 07:32:58 PM »
BTW, 55 pages and this isn't stickied!? WTF!?

Digi.k

« Reply #814 on: August 09, 2007, 12:47:23 PM »
still on the phantasy star universe..

strange oasis party which someone got us all to join so they could film it,  probably will end up on youtube..

TR0N

« Reply #815 on: August 09, 2007, 02:36:13 PM »
still on the phantasy star universe..

strange oasis party which someone got us all to join so they could film it,  probably will end up on youtube..

Cute i still i haven't bother getting it online for my PS2 still  :oops:

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #816 on: August 09, 2007, 03:03:04 PM »
King of Fighters 94 and 95,SNKvsCapcom Chaos.

TR0N

« Reply #817 on: August 11, 2007, 07:41:33 PM »
Wii/GC
Metroid Prime 2 Echos:I need to finsh it befor MP3 comes out  :oops:

PCE
Bomberman 93

Famicom
Splatterhouse wanpaku grafitti

Joe Redifer

« Reply #818 on: August 11, 2007, 08:02:22 PM »
Today I played Exile on both the TurboGrafx-16 and the Sega Genesis 16-bit Entertainment System.  The Genesis one is a bit easier I think, but the buttons seem to be stuck on permanent rapid-fire.  Perhaps I should try to set the controller to 3 button mode... I just now though of that.  The text is easier to read in the Turbo version by far, and I prefer the softer sound effects on the Turbo as well.  The music is pretty much a draw right now.  The CD music is not impressive.  The Genesis definitely has better music in the first town.

esteban

« Reply #819 on: August 12, 2007, 04:50:33 AM »
Today I played Exile on both the TurboGrafx-16 and the Sega Genesis 16-bit Entertainment System.  The Genesis one is a bit easier I think, but the buttons seem to be stuck on permanent rapid-fire.  Perhaps I should try to set the controller to 3 button mode... I just now though of that.  The text is easier to read in the Turbo version by far, and I prefer the softer sound effects on the Turbo as well.  The music is pretty much a draw right now.  The CD music is not impressive.  The Genesis definitely has better music in the first town.
Ha! I have to say that the Red Book for Exile is pretty awesome... all of the techno-esque dance tunes, anyway. There's a nice homage to Kraftwerk (specifically, Kraftwerk's track "Numbers"). I have never read anyone point this out before, and I even wrote an article a few years ago (I don't think I ever finished it) that pointed out the "coincidental" similarities between a bunch of PCE Red Book and popular synth-pop of the 80's. Most of the stuff really was due to the musical zeitgeist... but that particular track in Exile is no accident, it is an homage, or sorts, to Numbers.

The non-dance tracks work well in the game, but they aren't designed to be anything more than nice background music (like most games).

Unsolicited anecdote: My brothers and I made a movie called "Snow Bash 3000" and we used one of the tracks from Exile (I think it was the boss tune) because we loved that track -- the game had just been released and we were stoked that Working Designs was breathing some life into the console. As far as Snow Bash 3000 is concerned, well, it was a stellar moment in the history of world film, let me tell you :).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 04:57:12 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #820 on: August 12, 2007, 02:58:04 PM »

I played them after one another back in the day and really liked both.

I love that style of graphics/shading, it really plays off the strength of the Genesis/Turbo's palette(nice vibrant colors). Playing them today with S-Video would probably reveal more differences, but I think I will just for the fun. :)

I don't remember how hard the Genesis version was, only that the Turbo version is ridiculously easy.

For years I thought that I had bad luck picking up broken Forgotten World Genesis carts, until I finally figured out that the 6 button pad was the problem. Of course two of the 4 or so carts turned out to really be broken anyway. :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Joe Redifer

« Reply #821 on: August 12, 2007, 03:05:26 PM »
On the Turbo version of Exile I could not beat the first boss when I was on level 4.  On the Genesis I got my character up to level 5 and beat the first boss in 2 hits.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #822 on: August 13, 2007, 05:11:11 AM »
Been going at the reset button on my NES trying to get past stage 1 on "Gun Nac" on Expert Difficulty with bullet ricochet turned on.

I don't remember how hard the Genesis version was, only that the Turbo version is ridiculously easy.

Genesis version is terribly easy too. I finished that shit in a day.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #823 on: August 13, 2007, 05:40:57 AM »
I'm playing through the Turbo version now and yeah, the music is definitely better.  I tried the Genesis version again in 3 button mode and that solved my rapid fire problem, but the battery seems to be worn out as all of my saves were gone.  The Genesis version has cuss words, but got rid of the religious elements.  Also the burning town from the Turbo version was replaced with a church?  Odd.

esteban

« Reply #824 on: August 13, 2007, 04:43:21 PM »
I'm playing through the Turbo version now and yeah, the music is definitely better.  I tried the Genesis version again in 3 button mode and that solved my rapid fire problem, but the battery seems to be worn out as all of my saves were gone.  The Genesis version has cuss words, but got rid of the religious elements.  Also the burning town from the Turbo version was replaced with a church?  Odd.
Hey, do they have hashish, cocaine and cannabis in the Genesis version? Or am I confusing things with Exile 2 (Wicked Phenomenon)?

I'd like to hear more Genny - TG-16 comparisons for Exile -- keep 'em coming. :)
  |    |