Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 65249 times)

Keranu

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #870 on: September 10, 2007, 08:53:13 AM »
Holy crap, Metal Slug 3 on a cellular telephone!? I'm surprised it didn't make your phone explode!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ceti alpha

« Reply #871 on: September 10, 2007, 08:59:21 AM »
A friend of mine from Armagetron and I were on Messenger talkin' video games and he sent me a link to Metal Slug 3. I don't know how I never heard of that game, but WOW.  :D That game looks awesome!!  :clap: But for a mobile phone?!! Yipes!! I can't even imagine. lol

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Turbo D

« Reply #872 on: September 10, 2007, 12:46:57 PM »
I can imagine it being laggy  :|

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #873 on: September 10, 2007, 01:08:43 PM »
Last night knowing I still would'n't have access to my Castlevania III-J, I bought a Generation NEX out of desperation just to play this:

It was worth it. I couldn't be a sound quality Nazi anymore, so I'm enjoying this. Found a walkthru in Japanese, and translated it with Babelfish and actually understood the Engrish that BF brought up.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:17:13 PM by Ninja Spirit »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #874 on: September 10, 2007, 01:34:11 PM »
Last night I played through and beat Ys 3 for the SNES.  A couple days before that I played through and beat Ys 3 for the TurboGrafx-16 CD Entertainment Supersystem.  A few days before that I played through and beat Ys 3 for the Sega Genesis.

Turbo D

« Reply #875 on: September 10, 2007, 01:41:31 PM »
I beat Ys book 2 on the TurboDuo about an hour ago  :mrgreen:

ceti alpha

« Reply #876 on: September 10, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »
I beat Ys book 2 on the TurboDuo about an hour ago  Mr. Green

Nice. I think I'm going to save my Y's I and II for the winter. There will be some snowed in days up here I'm sure. hehe RPGs are always great for passing time away during snow storms and the winter in general.

TR0N

« Reply #877 on: September 10, 2007, 02:40:03 PM »
Last night knowing I still would'n't have access to my Castlevania III-J, I bought a Generation NEX out of desperation just to play this:

It was worth it. I couldn't be a sound quality Nazi anymore, so I'm enjoying this. Found a walkthru in Japanese, and translated it with Babelfish and actually understood the Engrish that BF brought up.

That title realy needs a walk-through btw hows the nex working for ya ?

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

« Reply #878 on: September 10, 2007, 04:43:36 PM »
I beat Ys book 2 on the TurboDuo about an hour ago  Mr. Green

Nice. I think I'm going to save my Y's I and II for the winter. There will be some snowed in days up here I'm sure. hehe RPGs are always great for passing time away during snow storms and the winter in general.
I love to beat Ys II on Thanksgiving since that was when I first beat it :) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #879 on: September 10, 2007, 05:20:05 PM »
A friend of mine from Armagetron and I were on Messenger talkin' video games and he sent me a link to Metal Slug 3. I don't know how I never heard of that game, but WOW.  :D That game looks awesome!!  :clap: But for a mobile phone?!! Yipes!! I can't even imagine. lol
You never herd of MS3 !? Wtf that's consider a classic from SNK.

Beside...being one of the best run'n'games ever made,next to the contra serise.

The game has had many ports as well beside being in the MSA.

There are also rumors it could end up on the XBAL as well.

As for myself i have it for the neogeo i can it play any time i want to.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #880 on: September 10, 2007, 07:55:51 PM »
Even the "Average Joe" (not our Joe) thinks that the NEX is shit...

If you ain't skilled enough to install a gold-plated pin connector, emulate. It's the ONLY way to get great quality otherwise.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #881 on: September 10, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »
Quote from: Kitsunexus

Even the "Average Joe" (not our Joe) thinks that the NEX is shit...

Of course not, since I'm not average!   :-({|=  But anyway I'm not a fan of NES clones.  Somehow my original NES still works fine.  I found it in a thrift store for super cheap!  I wonder if the previous owner just never used it, as it was in mint condition.

Digi.k

« Reply #882 on: September 11, 2007, 01:34:43 AM »
wheeeee finally got my 360 back from repairs.. strange thing was that the fault this time was the DVD drive but the letter I got back with the 360 said otherwise...

Anyway after waiting a while finally playing my Blue Dragon ^____^

ceti alpha

« Reply #883 on: September 11, 2007, 02:06:34 AM »

You know what? It does sound somewhat familiar now that I think about it. It's just that the NeoGeo was just so out of reach for me when I was younger that I think I didn't pay attention to it too much. hehe. But one of the arcades here had a couple NeoGeo machines. I remember a shmup, Final Fight (or some fighting game like it), and Cyber-Lip. That first boss on Cyber-Lip gave me the creeps. haha. That shreek/sound it let out at you?  :shock:

TR0N

« Reply #884 on: September 11, 2007, 03:14:36 PM »

You know what? It does sound somewhat familiar now that I think about it. It's just that the NeoGeo was just so out of reach for me when I was younger that I think I didn't pay attention to it too much. hehe. But one of the arcades here had a couple NeoGeo machines. I remember a shmup, Final Fight (or some fighting game like it), and Cyber-Lip. That first boss on Cyber-Lip gave me the creeps. haha. That shreek/sound it let out at you?  :shock:

Befor your time huh well i was surpise you never herd of it.Given how the ms serise has more exposure now then it did then.Of corse the scene for the,NeoGeo during the 90's wasn't too good for that time frame.Arcades in the late 90's for some reason were not too inerested in carrying them.Plus you had to be lucky to know some,body that had a AES.

Still at least these days owning one isn't..impossible it doesn't matter what the choice is either to what ya pick AES,NGCD etc.Heck even a MVS can be used at "home" either by running 'it through a supergun or haveing the board consolized.

As for cyper-lip i don't find it (creepy or scarey) just down right cheesey.

The game offen get's the nickname poor mans metalslug but i like it.

I recomend it most of the time any body who's getting a neogeo.

Btw if ya never seen these videos they give ya a quick history lesson on SNK.
The Rise and fall of SNK
Part 1
Part 2
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 03:27:00 PM by TRON »