Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63416 times)

TR0N

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #1110 on: April 24, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »
Famicom
GunNac
Oh yeah.
It's some thing isn't it i don't even know how i pass it up when i owned a nes.

Guess it was bad timing given,GunNac came out at a time when the next generation of console were hitting the store shelfs.

By that point the nes was on it's way out.

Oh well,better late then never i'm just glad i finally got a copy to play on my famicom.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:21:24 PM by TRON »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Digi.k

« Reply #1111 on: April 25, 2008, 03:10:18 PM »
Maximum attack G on Phantasy Star Universe which just started today..

also been playing that Raiden Fighters Aces demo which is amazing.. M$ u better bring this out over here!!!

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #1112 on: April 26, 2008, 11:11:31 AM »
Maximum attack G on Phantasy Star Universe which just started today..

also been playing that Raiden Fighters Aces demo which is amazing.. M$ u better bring this out over here!!!

Sorry man they won't. It doesn't involve running over hookers or shooting in first person.

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #1113 on: April 26, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »
I have been playing:

Crazy Climber 2 (MAME)
Soldier Blade (PCE) - Trying to beat it on hard

Digi.k

« Reply #1114 on: April 28, 2008, 11:10:24 PM »
Just got GTAIV special Edition through the post today..  its pretty awesome stuff .. I'm not a GTA fan but this version will probably keep me busy for a while.  Love the size of the city!

Most of the time is spent walking driving around doing 360 with the camera just to take in the sights!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1115 on: April 29, 2008, 03:43:19 AM »
Just got GTAIV special Edition through the post today..  its pretty awesome stuff .. I'm not a GTA fan but this version will probably keep me busy for a while.  Love the size of the city!

Most of the time is spent walking driving around doing 360 with the camera just to take in the sights!

Is it pretty similar to San Andreas, only bigger and better looking?  A lot of people froth at the mouth with hate for GTA, but I too find 'em fun to explore (there's much more to 'em than just running over pedestrians and shooting people), and I look forward to the eventual PC release.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Digi.k

« Reply #1116 on: April 29, 2008, 06:33:48 AM »
Is it pretty similar to San Andreas, only bigger and better looking?  A lot of people froth at the mouth with hate for GTA, but I too find 'em fun to explore (there's much more to 'em than just running over pedestrians and shooting people), and I look forward to the eventual PC release.

I never really played much of GTA SA.. I compared this really to Oblivion IV Elder Scrolls because of the size of the city.. ITS MASSIVE!!

There's a video review on Gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33326.html

I don't think too much is given away there.

I just quickly shot these.

Niko just taking a stroll through liberty city

Me and a few others Sky Diving trying to aim for the pool GTA style

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 01:26:44 PM by Digi.k »

esteban

« Reply #1117 on: April 29, 2008, 04:46:35 PM »
Famicom
GunNac
Oh yeah.
It's some thing isn't i don't even know how i pass it up when i owned a nes.

Guess it was bad timing given,GunNac came out at a time when the next generation of console were hitting the store shelfs.

By that point the nes was on it's way out.

Oh well,better late then never i'm just glad i finally got a copy to play on my famicom.
Yeah, all of the games that came out late in NES / FC's lifespan fell in the shadows of (crappier) 16-bit releases. S.C.A.T. is another great (co-op!) Natsume game you should definitely get :)
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1118 on: April 30, 2008, 03:04:37 AM »
I never really played much of GTA SA.. I compared this really to Oblivion IV Elder Scrolls because of the size of the city.. ITS MASSIVE!!

Yet quite a bit smaller than the map in SA, though that's alright considering an awful lot of that was wide open nothingness.  It's too bad that the vehicle and weapon variation went downhill, but at least they scrapped the retarded eating and workout crap (but unfortunately not the clothes shopping stupidity).

Digi.k

« Reply #1119 on: April 30, 2008, 03:51:29 AM »
they also put in a "ahem" dating sim where you woo a girl ..

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1120 on: April 30, 2008, 04:36:02 AM »
they also put in a "ahem" dating sim where you woo a girl ..

Oh nooes!  That's horrible!  :roll:

It's so frickin' funny that people got so worked up over the hot coffee thing.  So, let me get this straight: it's alright for me to beat down a girl, run her over, shoot her, and then set her corpse on fire, but banging her is immoral and inappropriate.  Effin' idiots.  :roll:

natethegreat82

« Reply #1121 on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:16 PM »
Gamecube
Viewtiful Joe 2
Summoner: A Goddess Reborn

PSP
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters

awack

« Reply #1122 on: June 08, 2008, 12:04:43 PM »
Hagane for the Super Nintendo, i think it might be the best side scrolling action game on the Snes, the last part is a killer though.

jboypacman

« Reply #1123 on: June 08, 2008, 01:43:50 PM »
This week its been alot of Lords of Thunder and Dracula X for the PCE and Sonic CD for Sega CD.

rolins

« Reply #1124 on: June 15, 2008, 10:07:21 PM »
A couple months ago I bought a Toshiba Satellite 4005CDS for mere 12 Bucks! It's got a PentiumII 233mhz, 96MB RAM, 4GB hdd, Yamaha OPL3-SA3, floppy, 20x cdrom, 12.1" dual scan, usb port. No windoze on this puppy, my other PC gots that covered. No, I decided this will be a dedicated DOS gaming machine.

Its been very long time since I used dos, so I forgotten how to edit the config.sys and autoexec.bat. I don't know how many times I re-edited those files but I did it so much I ended up re-teaching myself DOS in the process. I remember setting up the sound drivers in dos has always been a hassle. Even trying to find a way to free up enough conventional memory for games to run was sometimes a pain too. But this time around it took me less time to do it. Mmm...nostalgia. It all coming back to me :)

Probably the only bad about this laptop is the LCD, its dual scan. Very blurry and colors are washed out especially when something is in motion, but its got VGA out so it all good on a CRT. Even cooler this laptop looks like a console all time because you don't even have to flip up the screen up to press the power button. The switch is actually on its side. It can stay close forever.

Zeliard - greatest adventure game I've ever played in 2008 hands down. What I love most is the Adlib music. It really sounds better than the original on the NEC PC-8801. I can't believe I missed out on this game. Def on the look out for the original package with 5.25 floppies even though I don't own a 5.25 disk drive. :p

Turrican - game's so picky on the memory requirements that I can't load sneskey. I'm forced to play on the keyboard because of this. I seriously need to get a joystick for the gameport. Glad the music is awesome.

Sorcerian - played the MSX2 port alot and I decided to pick this one up. It's okay but I wish I had a Roland MT-32 because the Adlib music just sound meh...

Doom - classic fps greatness.

Psychic Detective - This one tricked out FMV, its a total mind trip. Dialogue is really good and theres alot of replay value, 10 endings in total. A must play, really its that good.

Night Trap - it's the directors cut this time, same stuff you'd expect from the SegaCD. Quality ain't near the 3DO though.

Flash Traffic: City of Angels - I saw the trailer on youtube, and it looked interesting. Nuclear bomb in Los Angeles and its up to two FBI agents to disarm the bomb and bring the culprits to justice. Very cheesy. Too bad I can't play the mpeg version without a decoder card.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:14:17 PM by rolins »