Author Topic: Adol in Vasteel II wrong system card screen?  (Read 687 times)

GUTS

Adol in Vasteel II wrong system card screen?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2005, 09:08:24 PM »
Haha I remember the soundtrack to Vasteel was so awful I couldn't bring myself to play it.  The turbo chip generated music wasn't as bad, but that jazz was just horrible!

twor2005

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2005, 10:41:04 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Haha I remember the soundtrack to Vasteel was so awful I couldn't bring myself to play it.  The turbo chip generated music wasn't as bad, but that jazz was just horrible!

Oh yeah the jazz was seen as somewhat ridiculous. I like the idea though, given the slow pace of the game. Edge of your seat music seems like it would get old fast. I'll have to restart the game and try the PCM soundtrack to remind myself what it sounds like.

Keranu

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 01:08:37 AM »
I am curious to how this game sounds.

And thanks for the Guy Kazama reference in Lunar 2! I didn't catch that when I played it years ago because I didn't even know who Guy Kazama was! I'll be sure to look out for him the next time I play.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 10:37:22 AM »
The jazz is awesome actually, but I don't think it fits all the scenes, either way though, fantastic soundtrack!  Yeah, the guy who mentions Guy, is in the BIG town, which in the first game, that fat kid decided to set up shop, it starts with an m, but it's in the 2nd game where he mentions Guy.

Paladin

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 10:45:59 AM »
That town would be Meribia. In the second game its by Taben's Peak. I didn't realize that line was in there. I'm going to have to play Lunar 2 up to that point again. Is it just in the PSX verison or is it in the Sega CD one as well?

esteban

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2005, 12:51:20 PM »
Quote from: "Paladin"
That town would be Meribia. In the second game its by Taben's Peak. I didn't realize that line was in there. I'm going to have to play Lunar 2 up to that point again. Is it just in the PSX verison or is it in the Sega CD one as well?
Seriously! It would be great to document this! WD ruled...
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2005, 01:04:45 PM »
:oops:   I've never player thru the Sega CD version, since I got a Sega CD waaaaaay late in the game.  So, as far as I know, it's only in the PSX version.  The guy if I remember correctly, is more to the bottom right, near the docks.

zborgerd

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 01:41:07 PM »
Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"
The jazz is awesome actually, but I don't think it fits all the scenes, either way though, fantastic soundtrack!  Yeah, the guy who mentions Guy, is in the BIG town, which in the first game, that fat kid decided to set up shop, it starts with an m, but it's in the 2nd game where he mentions Guy.

I also liked the soundtrack.  I thought it was unique and nice to listen to.

I really liked tracks 7 and 8.  Has a nice big band sound to it.  There are also a few rockin' synth/guitar songs that sound similar to something you'd hear in Castlevania or Gradius.  Most of the soundtrack actually isn't Jazz at all, but rather standard videogame-style tunes.

The game has some of the worst voice acting that has ever come out of Working Designs HQ though.  :)

zborgerd

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 02:47:50 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
I am curious to how this game sounds.

You've twisted my arm.  :)

http://www.borgerding.org/vasteel.zip

I've ripped all of the audio tracks from the CD (including the voice acting) into OGG Vorbis format (Sorry -  I only use FLAC and OGG here).

For those that are unfamiliar with the Vorbis format (better quality, royalty free, smaller files), you'll need to download Windows codecs.

http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/ (for Directshow codecs for Windows Media Player)
or
http://www.vorbis.com/download_win_1.0.1.psp (For Windows programs that play OGG Vorbis).

More info:  http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ogg.htm

Keranu

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 02:54:00 PM »
Excellent! I'll give it a listen and post what I think :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).