Author Topic: What games are you waiting for...  (Read 815 times)

rolins

What games are you waiting for...
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 11:57:25 AM »
Quote from: "Tron"
MetalGear Solid 3 Substance

Heck i wanna play the original MSX MG :wink:

Wich is supose to a add bouns to the game.

Why wait, you can play them on your PC with an emulator. You should also try Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the MSX2. Much of the story plot and elements from this game were revamped into Metal Gear Solid for the PSone. It was never released outside of japan, but there is a english translated rom if you search around on google.

If you looking for a MSX emulator I highly recommend BlueMSX. If your a linux user than go for OpenMSX.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2005, 03:27:03 PM »
Quote from: "rolins"

Why wait, you can play them on your PC with an emulator. You should also try Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the MSX2. Much of the story plot and elements from this game were revamped into Metal Gear Solid for the PSone. It was never released outside of japan, but there is a english translated rom if you search around on google.

If you looking for a MSX emulator I highly recommend BlueMSX. If your a linux user than go for OpenMSX.

Doh, I forgot all about that one, I'm looking forward to it too, along with the US release of Metal Gear 2, that rules!  BTW, I think it's Subsistence, not substance like MGS2.

FM-77

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 11:14:41 PM »
-Linkle Liver Story for Sega Saturn (hell, I bought it a couple of months ago, but I haven't started playing it yet. I will do that ..... NOW!!)
-Neutopia III

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 02:19:38 PM »
I'm going to add Final Fantasy 3 for DS & possibly Tenchu for DS.

TR0N

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 04:42:28 PM »
Quote from: "rolins"

I'm lazy plus i'm not in the mood to mess with a emu on my pc.

Beside i've waited this long to play the... original so i have np 'waiting a little longer.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

doomfarer75

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2005, 05:48:03 AM »
Dragonquest (Warrior) VIII may make me invest in a PS2 against my moral judgement...but it looks so fantastic!  of course, that would mean I finish VII...Doh!
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 08:09:15 AM »
Quake 4.
I dreamed of something going back to Quake 2 gameplay.Its finally here,and Ive been playing it alot last few days.Game totally rocks.
I get no frame drops,running at 800-600 high detail.
I can run at Ultra detail at the near same speed,but I have to shut any back ground programs down,even Bit Torrent,as they all use Harddrive bandwith I cant spare for texture loads,even with 1 gig of ram.Prob would be ok if I was using serial ata,but Im using standard ata100 7200rpm drives.
I have 2 serial ata ports,but Im not jumping on the serial ata bandwagon yet.
Incase anyone was wondering my main gaming comps specs are:
Athlon 64 754 socket 2800+ cooled by ARctic Cooling
Radeon 9700 Pro cooled by Cooler Master heatpipe and fan combo cooler.
1 gig DDR ram
1 80 gig and 1 60 gig hd.
1 Hotswap drive that is a 20 gig Maxtor ata 100.
Promise ata 66 pci card with cd/dvd drives/burner hooked up to it.
Sound Blaster Live card.Not the newer one at Walmart,I use the older more solid one.
Mother board is a AN51R by Shuttle. Uses the NForce 3 250 chipset.Great overclocker abilities.
Im stacked with case fans and a dual fan 550 watt power supply.
I have yet to run into a game I cant run at high detail.
Before you ask,why dont you run Quake 4 or any other given game at 1024-768,I dont because I hate flicker refresh.I can do a refresh rate of 120 fine on my monitor at 800-600,but at 1024-768 it gets stuck at 60 on any given game for some odd reason.Prob a ATI driver problem.Minor gripe.Ill settle for slight les res to avoid screen flicker.
What kind of computer specs are you guys using to run games btw?
I have a older Pentium 3 I use alot too,on a Asus P2B-F slot 1 with a Voodoo 5500 and SoundBlaster PCI 512.Its a great set-up too for older Glide optimized gaming.