Author Topic: PC Engine getting lots of downloads through VC?  (Read 357 times)

futurematt

PC Engine getting lots of downloads through VC?
« on: May 25, 2010, 01:29:35 AM »
I've just got a Wii, and being a PC Engine collector, have most of the decent games already, but am really pleased the system is getting the fame and celebrity it deserves! I hear that its getting lots of downloads too, it would be really interesting to know how many downloads the Turbografx / PC Engine has had, or even a rough estimate? Any ideas?
Systems: PCE white, Core Grafx, CD Rom2 / IFU30, GT, LT, Super CD Rom2. Games: Almost all the shooters and about 50 others and growing! Also into Sega Saturn and Dreamcast shooters.
For HD gaming stuff visit my You Tube channel "Ten Minute Turbo Show" at www.youtube.com/futurematt5

niknice

esteban

Re: PC Engine getting lots of downloads through VC?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »
I've just got a Wii, and being a PC Engine collector, have most of the decent games already, but am really pleased the system is getting the fame and celebrity it deserves! I hear that its getting lots of downloads too, it would be really interesting to know how many downloads the Turbografx / PC Engine has had, or even a rough estimate? Any ideas?

I don't know if Nintendo releases this sort of information. I do recall that Nintendo executives (during press events) have made vague statements about aggregate Virtual Console downloads (7-8+ million, and this was a few years ago).

The problem, of course, is that we would want the Virtual Console stats to be broken down by console... and I don't know if we'll be lucky to get this info.

Does the NPD track it? Even if they did... would it be broken down by console?

Perhaps Hudson Soft's corporate filings have some info on their virtual console sales? Again, though, it would be aggregated and not broken down by console.

I hope someone can prove me wrong and link to reliable information!

:)
  |    |