Author Topic: sega cd version of lords of thunder  (Read 885 times)

ParanoiaDragon

sega cd version of lords of thunder
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 02:16:36 PM »
I prefer Oath in Felghana, that game is an orgasm in a box!

Keranu

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 06:50:47 PM »
I haven't played Oath yet (as with most newer Falcom games), but I would probably take the original Ys III's over it since I am such a sucker for platform RPGs :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 07:46:08 PM »
It's still a platformer RPG, but now it's a MLLION times better!  Believe me, the original is trash compared to Oath!  And I still enjoy the original!  But, even the music is better in Oath!  Everything about it blows away, Ys 3, not to mention most games that exist to this day, it's that good, especially if you enjoyed Ys 3.  When you play it someday, you'll crap your pants!

FM-77

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005, 07:26:21 AM »
I think Oath's a bit overrated. But sure, it's damn good game. I .... oh man, now that I think about it... It's SO great!!  :P

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 09:38:27 AM »
I'm waiting to see if Konami does a port of it, I wanna see what extras they might add, & hopefully get KCET to do the port.  I wanna play thru it again, but this time in english :D

Black Tiger

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2006, 12:33:36 PM »
Wow, my preferences or 'likes' sure are in the minority.

I think that the Sega CD version of Lords' is one of the best games ever made, but that the Turbo game is still so much better and can stand up to the greatest of arcade classics. The Sega version also has a few graphical improvements over the original, mainly extra layers of scrolling, with one or two layers actually turned static...

I haven't played most of the following games in years, but...

I loved Valis III for Genesis and still think its one of the most impressive Gen carts(the cinemas with voice 'synch' are awesome).

Forgotten Words for Genesis is still a decent game and I really liked it when it came out, but never saw the arcade game before MAME. The Turbo version is unbelievable graphics & sound(bgm & sfx) wise and I've always prefered the gameplay to the Genesis game.

I thought that Ys III SNES had really nice graphics and amazing music(for a cart) and was pretty good(as good as Ys III can be) gameplay wise. I wasn't too impressed by the Genesis graphics in some ways, which I remember thinking looked like the SNES(sprites totally redrawn over the Turbo CD) visuals had been strained through and a few things that looked rushed), but that it also had unique qualities and was good in its own right. I still liked them all and refer to Herbs in games as Harbs to this day thanks to the Genesis translation.

I also really liked the Genesis version of Exile, censorship and all. Of course I played it before being tainted by the Turbo CD version which seemed way better by the time I played it. I remember wishing we'd get more of these middle of the road straight forward action/adventure Telenet games(like Valis III) that had nice touched up colorful graphics that never blew me away but still looked really nice. If only they'd made the ingame graphics of Golden Axe as nice as these two games.

Like I said before, these are only personal opinions and I'm not looking to start any arguments. :?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum