Author Topic: Turboexpress/Pc Engine Gt  (Read 357 times)

77FordTruckMan

Turboexpress/Pc Engine Gt
« on: July 16, 2010, 05:15:53 PM »
I am thinking about getting either a TurboExpess or a Pc Engine Gt and I was wondering if the Turboexspress tv tuner will work with the gt? I can play the games on my dingoo, but they dont run 100%, I bought a game converter on Ebay that is supposed to work either way so i can get either system. Are there any advantages to one over the other?

beigemore

Re: Turboexpress/Pc Engine Gt
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »
I'm wondering if it will work at all now since over-the-air tv signals are now supposed to be digital and require converter boxes to decode.

The differences between the two, from what I know, is some of the pins for the card slots are flipped, and the PCE systems actually have a lockout chip to prevent almost all US cards from working in the system, where the TG16 does not have any type of lockout chip and can play any region game as long as you have a converter.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:55:04 PM by beigemore »

rag-time4

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:55:47 PM »
I am thinking about getting either a TurboExpess or a Pc Engine Gt and I was wondering if the Turboexspress tv tuner will work with the gt? I can play the games on my dingoo, but they dont run 100%, I bought a game converter on Ebay that is supposed to work either way so i can get either system. Are there any advantages to one over the other?
Fordman, I had a region issue using a diving board converter on my USA turboexpress.... When I was playing Image Fight (japanese Hu) it would always freeze after stage 5. Based on my experience, I recommend getting the one that fits best with your actual collection of game cards.

77FordTruckMan

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 07:33:06 AM »
I'm wondering if it will work at all now since over-the-air tv signals are now supposed to be digital and require converter boxes to decode.

The differences between the two, from what I know, is some of the pins for the card slots are flipped, and the PCE systems actually have a lockout chip to prevent almost all US cards from working in the system, where the TG16 does not have any type of lockout chip and can play any region game as long as you have a converter.
The only reason I want the tv tuner is because it has I heard that it has a video input. Sounds like I'd better go with the turbo, I have about an equal amount of U.S and Japanese cards. Didn't realize I put this thread in sales and trades, no wonder I couldn't find it.

77FordTruckMan

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 05:39:23 AM »
well I got a Turbo Express with the tv tuner, I am going to try taking out the actual tuner inside and replacing it with a digital one, or incorporating a converter box into it, I will let you know if it works out.

TheOldMan

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 06:58:36 AM »
I wish you the best of luck. All the tuning circuitry is in the little tuner box; the tuning mechanism is mostly an old string-and-pully setup, rotating a potentiometer to tune the circuit. If you manage to squeeze a complete digital tuner in there, I would love to see how you did it :-)

BlueBMW

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
Let me know how that works out.  I'll be busy trying to revive your broken Turbo Express!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc