Author Topic: A switchless mod for a core grafx/Duo - anyone tried?  (Read 178 times)

pcenginesales

A switchless mod for a core grafx/Duo - anyone tried?
« on: July 29, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »
I've posted this before but I still don't know if it's possible and I don;t have time to faff arround sadly, I am snowed under with orders/mods to do.

But there's a pin on the EXT port for PCE that resets the console.

To make a switchless mod, you need the IC circuit for the mod and some way to tell the cartidge to reset itself to use the new setting.

Now if that pin exists (and it's not just a software reset as I assumed select+run might be) might it still be possible to not cut holes in the Core and Duo?

If anyone has tried/wants to try I'd appreciate the info if it works.

I'm still using white PCEs as best candidates for mods as you can simply rag out the RF and use a nice new DIN and a switch in place of the TV out switch for the US/JP (hint: don't use superglue for the DIN as mmmonkey's site suggests! I'm not nice enough to give away my super strong glue solution that has NEVER come lose for customers in 10 years or so, but I will say "epoxy" and take it from there.)

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/console/pce/rgb2.htm - I use 9 pins as customers might plug the joypad into the TV out, I don't want that as it could cause damage/blow fuse at very least.

www.retro-access.com - Modded consoles and SCART cables for retro consoles and computers. We ship worldwide.