Author Topic: The Manhole - coming soon to an iPhone near you!  (Read 536 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
The Manhole - coming soon to an iPhone near you!
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:33:33 AM »
Article Link

The Manhole, an adventure game that started on the Mac and was later ported to the PC Engine CD, is currently in development for the iPhone.  It looks like it could be rather entertaining (), especially after dropping acid, though the remade version will surely look more similar to the later PC version ().  Has anyone played the original or one of the ports?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

Re: The Manhole - coming soon to an iPhone near you!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 01:08:01 PM »
I played the original one on a Mac SE. It was the first CDROM thing I had ever seen (1987, I think). I remember almost nothing about it.

blueraven

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 04:31:30 AM »
I have this for the PCE. It's pretty surreal. I picked up a copy for about five dollars complete a year or so ago.

It kind of reminded me of an attempt at a Myst-like world where people can wander around and interact with just about everything in teh game. It has no foreseeable conclusion, but is mildly entertaining as you wander around doing stuff. If they re-do the game for the iPhone I would get a copy if it was reasonably priced.

Pushing the envelope of the CDROM2
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:05:11 AM »
It looks like Guts got his game titles mixed up on his review of The Manhole, as the description and photo don't jibe with anything I've seen elsewhere.  Let's play a game: what game is he reviewing?  The first correct answer gets nothing, absolutely nothing!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TheClash603

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 11:00:09 AM »
The Manhole is a good name for a gay bar.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 12:43:44 PM »
Real Halo is better.

TheClash603

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 02:29:51 PM »
Real Halo is better.

I haven't laughed at a post this hard in quite a while.  Touche.

nat

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »
It looks like Guts got his game titles mixed up on his review of The Manhole, as the description and photo don't jibe with anything I've seen elsewhere.  Let's play a game: what game is he reviewing?  The first correct answer gets nothing, absolutely nothing!

That review was an intentional goof....

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 04:47:53 PM »
\

That review was an intentional goof....

As I said before, real Halo is better.