Author Topic: Far East of Eden Ziria, coming out for XBOX 360, what the???  (Read 724 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Hudson announced Tengai Makyou: Ziria for Xbox 360, a remake of the classic PC-Engine RPG of the same name. The Xbox 360 remake will have many new elements and completely renewly graphics.
http://www.the-magicbox.com/0507/edenziria.jpg
That was taken from Magic Box......well, I didn't want an Xbox 360, as I didn't, & still don't want the 1st Xbox, but, if this doesn't come out for anything else, especially in the US, then I'll eventually have to bend over, & take it up the tailpipe, so I can play this game in english......assuming they do a good job on it that is!

edit-well, the link doesn't work, so just go to the site & scroll down, you'll see the pic

Keranu

Far East of Eden Ziria, coming out for XBOX 360, what the???
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 02:13:01 PM »
Link doesn't work, but that is VERY interesting why they decided to make it for the X-Box 360...
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 02:17:57 PM »
Yeah, that's just wierd, especially after the polls, with how uninterested the Japanese are in the Xbox 360, it's just bizarre that more companies keep signing up, with Japanese interest in the PS3 at the top, waaaaaaaay above the 360.  But, there's maybe more of a chance of us FINALLY getting a Far East Eden.

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 02:53:21 PM »
Hopefully.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

KingDrool

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 04:49:14 AM »
I saw the trailer yesterday and it looks pretty cool.  Though, of course, no gameplay was shown.  Hopefully it makes it to the US.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

twor2005

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 06:26:30 AM »
http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1767_en.html

Footage here, no real game footage though. Note how bilingual the teaser is though. I don't know anything about the xbox import scene, but it seems crazy to make a game japan only for an xbox if the developer wants it to sell.

I finally betrayed the Gamecube and bought a PS2 for Ys. But Ziria isn't really a system seller for me since I never played the original games. Here's hoping for a PS3 or N5 release, I'm sure I'll get those eventually.

Side question: why is the series known as Far East of Eden in the US? Was any game ever released in the US on any system with that name?

GUTS

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 07:55:28 AM »
Japanese people can be really f*cking retarded sometimes.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 03:15:13 PM »
Far East of Eden is the direct romanization of Tengai Makyou as far as I know, since, on one side of my games, it says the name in Kanji with Manji Maru, Zira, etc. next to it, & the other side in english, as Far East of Eden.  Far East of Eden 2 was supposed to be in the translation process by TTI, but who knows how far it got(Torgo?), & EBgames used to have a listing on there site for Far East of Eden, published by Konami, of which I still have a pre-order on, keeping it in the computer as my local EB, heh.

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 04:32:06 PM »
That would have rocked so hard if Tengai Makyou II made it to the USA. I wonder if there is a way for someone to find out how much of Tengai Makyou II was translated before it was trashed. I would love to play through this game some day, but the Japanese kind of kills it because it's so strong. I have been meaning to follow Black Tiger's excellent, descriptive walkthrough sometime. I'd like to play through the first one using Black Tiger's walkthrough, too.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 05:58:07 PM »
Well, Torgo would maybe know, just have to wait for him to see this thread.

KingDrool

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 02:55:53 PM »
Incidentally, there's also a Far East of Eden coming out for PSP and DS:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/612/612977p1.html
Readers of IGNPS2 probably already know of Tengai Makyo, since IGN has covered the recently released Tengai Makyo III on the site before. Now, portable gamers will get a chance to try out the classic Japan-only RPG series. Hudson announced today plans to bring two classic Tengai Makyo games to the DS and PSP.

The DS will be getting Tengai Makyo II this Summer. Originally produced as one of the early CD-ROM games for the PC Engine (Turbo Grafx) system, Tengai Makyo II was known for its use of voice and fully animated cinemas to progress its storyline. The game was remade for the PS2 and GameCube in 2003. It's unknown which version will serve as the base of the DS version.

PSP owners will be getting a lesser known entry in the series, Tengai Makyo: Daishi no Makushiroku ("The Fourth Apocalypse"). Originally released for the Sega Saturn in 1997, the storyline for this entry was set in America (resulting in some hilarious situations, especially for those familiar with American culture). The game featured full-screen animated cinemas that outclassed anything else available for the system. As with the DS title, it's unknown if the game will be a remake or a port. A release is set for Fall.

The Tengai Makyo series has an English name, Far East of Eden, but has never seen release in America. With Konami now wielding control over Hudson, it's possible that English-speaking RPG fans will at last get a chance to experience this classic series.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2005, 04:26:23 PM »
Interesting, though, I actually was never found of the 4th game in the series, it'd be nice if it was a remake of Kabukiden.

twor2005

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 10:32:15 AM »
Nice, I was thinking about getting a DS anyway.

As for Torgo, I know this will probably never happen but I wish he or some of the other game/tech oriented people at NEC/TTi would put together a small book detailing their experiences, as well as answering as many technical questions as possible about what was worked on. I know the audience for this would be small so it probably will never happen, but it would be nice  :)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 04:04:21 PM »
Just worth noting, the Tengai Makyou Fighter for Neo Geo "Kabuki Klash" was released in the US. The Tengai Makyou Konami announced for the US (they basically own Hudson soft at this point) is Tengai Makyou III, it's widely believed to have been shelved for a US release but thats not final.
--DragonmasterDan

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2005, 08:11:06 PM »
I figured it was the 3rd one, though there was my hopes that they would do Manji Maru, so I could finally play that one in english, been drooling over the thought of playing that since TTI anounced it.

edit-pics of the game http://www.the-magicbox.com/0507/game050731k.shtml