Author Topic: Secret Santa 2010  (Read 4150 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Secret Santa 2010
« on: October 06, 2010, 06:09:18 AM »

The Secret Santa that Windy put together a couple years ago was good fun, so let's do it again.  Here's the rules:

1.  If you have troubles following through in a timely manner, please don't waste everyone's time.  Do us all a favor and don't sign up.
2.  Signups will run from now til November 1st, after which time I'll match y'all up and send out your shopping lists.
3.  Send me your name, address, and a list of at least a half dozen games (ideally PCE related) that you'd like to receive, including condition preference.  Keep in mind that the more options your Santa has, the better the chances of him (or her) finding a good deal in the time allotted.
4.  Value of your gift(s) should be in the $10-20 range - real value and not bloated OMG R@R3!! eBay value.
5.  Gifts shall be mailed by December 10th at the latest, but not too early either (this ain't Secret Thanksgiving Pilgrim).  If for some reason you won't be able to meet that time frame, please let me know so that alternate plans can be made and nobody ends up crying in their eggnog.
6.  Again, don't sign up if you won't follow through.  Failure to hold up your end of the bargain will result in forum shunning, mockery, and hopefully banishment.  Plus, I'll have your toaster possessed by the disembodied digital soul of a lunatic Talkie Toaster (I toast, therefor I am), and I'll send out a robot zombie to defile your garage door opener.
7.  Most importantly, have fun.  This ain't supposed to be work.

P.S. - I'm open to suggestions for making this better or if additional stipulations need to be made.  Don't be shy - I don't bite too hard.

For more holiday happiness, a random winner will be chosen from this year's participants to receive a copy of the Turbo Legacy Poster.

Additionally, another lucky Secret Santa will be randomly chosen to receive a second gift(s), courtesy of Roy.

Gift lists and their respective recipients have been sent to all Secret Santas.  Let the shopping begin!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:28:45 AM by Necromancer »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

bartre

Re: Secret Santa 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 08:59:05 AM »
seems like good fun!
I'll join in.
so do i just PM you my details then?

nectarsis

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »
As stated earlier, I'm in :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 10:38:02 AM »
great idea- I'm in.

RoyVegas

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 10:47:23 AM »
6.  Again, don't sign up if you won't follow through.  Failure to hold up your end of the bargain will result in forum shunning, mockery, and hopefully banishment. 

Missa never got hers from Nat during the last one.  Maybe he can send it out this year?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:05:33 AM by RoyVegas »
All is well. :)

BlueBMW

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
I'm in!   I'll send my info soon!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:19:03 AM »
How many deadbeats were there last time?   This sounds like a good idea though!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »
Missa never got hers from Nat during the last one.  Maybe he can send it out this year?

Don't try to derail my thread with your trollish behavior.  Such an issue would be between Missa, nat, and maybe Windy, but if you feel the need to discuss it further, then feel free to start your own thread.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

RoyVegas

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 12:40:31 PM »
How many deadbeats were there last time?   This sounds like a good idea though!

According to Windy only one person, Nat.

Don't try to derail my thread with your trollish behavior.  Such an issue would be between Missa, nat, and maybe Windy, but if you feel the need to discuss it further, then feel free to start your own thread.

No derail or trolling intended.  I was just mentioning it as it was one of your rules for this years.  I would think members would actually care that a member was left out last time.  I guess not.  I won't mention it again.
All is well. :)

Sparky

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 12:56:08 PM »
ya i am in this year... i was discussing with windy the year he did it, helped him with the rules and such but never signed up in the end  :oops:

I will be listing more than just tg16/pce wants to make it easier... i love my DC & ps1 as well :)

No derail or trolling intended.  I was just mentioning.....
Stop right there....members like getting there info from reputable sources...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:39:14 PM by Sparky »

Windy

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 01:00:49 PM »
It's a great Idea and was a ton of fun hope you guys enjoy it. As usual I will be sending gifts out to peeps :) Missa was the only one that did not recieve a gift, and was quite hurt. I tried to make up for it and sent a gift to her, but she did not consider the gift from me as a part of the secret santa and felt the gift should have come from the person that drew her name. All in all, I would say it was a great success I would recommend it to anyone. So don't be discouraged at all to join this event it gets peeps involved and is a happy occasion. I might be in as well let me think on it a bit. I will be happy to help out in any way I can Your rules are very good and hopefully everyone who signs up will keep their end of the bargain. Hopefully there wont be any New Years Santa's either  8-[
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:15:20 PM by Windy »
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

blueraven

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 02:27:46 PM »
I'm f***ing down to show some x-mas cheer. Count me in.

ALL OF YOU WILL END UP WITH DEEP BLUE

..and do me a favor, if you sign up don't ask for Neo Geo AES games.  :wink:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

ceti alpha

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 06:07:35 AM »
Sign this mapler up!

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

henrycsc

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 11:10:22 AM »
Necro, count me in if you can pair me up with someone who is only looking for pce/tg stuffs..... I'm completely lost with any other system  :)
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 01:53:56 PM »
I'd like to join in also!  Although pc henler has done a fantastic job of destroying my want lists :D  I'll come up with something!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc