Author Topic: Anyone played/completed Jantei Monogatari 3 "Saver Angels"???  (Read 144 times)

pixeljunkie

Anyone played/completed Jantei Monogatari 3 "Saver Angels"???
« on: November 16, 2010, 04:19:57 AM »
I'm about 14 hours in. I thought I was at the last boss, but then all those chicks bust out of the little cryo-chamber-things and now I have to fight all of them. Is this like a 40 hour game or something? There seems to be no end in sight. I love the game, but the matches are becoming longer and longer. And honestly, more tedious.

Anyone here finished it? How long did it take?

SignOfZeta

Re: Anyone played/completed Jantei Monogatari 3 "Saver Angels"???
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 08:36:50 AM »
I have the second one, but haven't gotten around to playing it. The only MJ game I've really put time into is Super Real for Neo Geo Pocket, and the only reason why I played that so much is because I'll play almost anything on that system.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »
I just ordered the second one [both of 'em] after playing this one. I have to say, I think it's EXCELLENT. The cutscenes are pretty great, good chip tunes and the mahjong action is pretty badass.

My only problem is in the later levels their only way of pumping up the difficulty is by just giving the opponent a staggering amount of points. So it's less about strategy and more about endurance. I would still recommend the game to anyone that knows how to play mahjong though.

I've been into arcade mahjong for the past year or so and only recently thought to explore the PCE library of games. So far, I've been very impressed. Mahjong Sword is badass too.

pixeljunkie

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
just finished this. epic.

I swear this was 20+ hours, and I was doing well. Tedious, but I enjoyed it. Great cutscenes and animation if you are into mahjong at all.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:47:38 PM by pixeljunkie »