Author Topic: Infomercials  (Read 759 times)

esteban

Infomercials
« on: August 05, 2005, 06:56:47 AM »
This is a continuation of the other thread we hijacked.

Last, and certainly not least, is the combination almost as old as time: The Skeptic and The Pitchman. Done to perfection on the much-missed Amazing Discoveries, this combo can sell snake oil — or flame-resistant car wax — if it’s done right. full article
Spot on! This is the winning formula that makes me want to buy everything featured on an infomercial.

One thing that we haven't discussed yet: I love how commercials in general (and some infomercials) use computer animation to "demonstrate" how their product works.  These animations are usually 99% fantasy and have nothing at all to do with the real scientific processes that may (or may not) be involved with the product.

For example, I loved this old informercial that sold a electronic Toothbrush + TOUNGUEBrusher set. Personally, I think some poor soul had a warehouse full of TOUNGUEBrushers and didn't know what to do with them. Why not simply use your toothbrush on your tongue, right? Well, this fabulous infomercial had animation showing how much more EFFECTIVE the tonguebrusher was at quickly covering your entire tongue. Huge, nasty green stuff covering a tongue was quickly decimated in the animation.

I immediately got up, went to the bathroom and brushed my tongue. "Crap, this is taking to long with an ordinary toothbrush," I thought to myself.

Those bastards knew what they were doing when they made that animation.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

Re: Infomercials
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 09:50:08 AM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
This is a continuation of the other thread we hijacked.

Last, and certainly not least, is the combination almost as old as time: The Skeptic and The Pitchman. Done to perfection on the much-missed Amazing Discoveries, this combo can sell snake oil — or flame-resistant car wax — if it’s done right. full article
Spot on! This is the winning formula that makes me want to buy everything featured on an infomercial.

One thing that we haven't discussed yet: I love how commercials in general (and some infomercials) use computer animation to "demonstrate" how their product works.  These animations are usually 99% fantasy and have nothing at all to do with the real scientific processes that may (or may not) be involved with the product.

For example, I loved this old informercial that sold a electronic Toothbrush + TOUNGUEBrusher set. Personally, I think some poor soul had a warehouse full of TOUNGUEBrushers and didn't know what to do with them. Why not simply use your toothbrush on your tongue, right? Well, this fabulous infomercial had animation showing how much more EFFECTIVE the tonguebrusher was at quickly covering your entire tongue. Huge, nasty green stuff covering a tongue was quickly decimated in the animation.

I immediately got up, went to the bathroom and brushed my tongue. "Crap, this is taking to long with an ordinary toothbrush," I thought to myself.

Those bastards knew what they were doing when they made that animation.

I remember when one those crazy "Mothers" groups tried to ban every kids commercial and succeeded in having them all censored.

They tried to say that kids were being tricked and ripped of by deceptive animated commercials that made every kid in the world beleive that a Transformer would jump to life straight out of the box and begin shooting up your bedroom with real lasers.

At the time, one of the examples they used was Exo Squad.

They interview of of the sons of these "concerned" mothers and after watching the commercial they pointed the cammera in his face and asked him if he beleived that the toys would play with themselves and do all the fantastical bologna. He just sat their frozen, glancing over at his mother a few times, then answered "yeeaaaahhh???".

Ever since then, we get this effing bologna where a Barbie doll dances across a country side singing and a voice over quickly mumbles "dolls do not actually sing and dance and talk on their own".

Same thing happened to the "board game" Guess Who? They "classically"(2D/handrawn) animated the mouths on the card pieces as they said things like "so long!", "I'm Outta here!", "thats me!", etc. This ad ran for years until these cows got together, then all of a sudden every child's intelligence is insulted by the voiced over disclaimer: "cards mouths do not actually move and they do not really talk".

It was one thing to ruin every kid's childhood in the name of protecting them. But now thanks to the sue-crazy U.S., every car ad has 10 different captions telling you not to really get blasted out of a volcano in your Jeep(literally, this ad is like 4 months old).
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

Infomercials
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 11:21:01 AM »
Hehe, I'll have to continue posting in this thread later.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

Infomercials
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 01:46:57 PM »
Yeah it's pretty sad that the general public are a bunch of f*cking stupid morons.  My theory is it's because our government keeps giving money to the absolute f*cking stupidest people in society to keep them alive instead of letting them die off like in the old days, so society as a whole is progressively getting dumber.  They just lay on their lazy asses all day making meth and having 10 kids so they can get gubment chedda, f*cking retarded f*cks.

Black Tiger

Infomercials
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 02:45:20 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Yeah it's pretty sad that the general public are a bunch of f*cking stupid morons.  My theory is it's because our government keeps giving money to the absolute f*cking stupidest people in society to keep them alive instead of letting them die off like in the old days, so society as a whole is progressively getting dumber.  They just lay on their lazy asses all day making meth and having 10 kids so they can get gubment chedda, f*cking retarded f*cks.

We're f*cking with natural selection.

I have no problem saving the life of a young kid who gets hit by a drunk driver.

But its another thing to provide decades of medical care to an unrepentent obese chain-smoking alchoholic.

Here in Canada we all pay for universal health care, but have to wait for months in line to get urgent medical treatment because of gross pigs clogging up the system.

I guess that in the U.S. you're also paying for the pigs with insurance premiums, while the unnecesary frequent users drive your rates up.

Here it's semi-illegal for us to even visit a private clinic. Meanwhile, politicians, RCMP and prison inmates(it would violate their basic human rights to deny them immediate care since their under the supervision of the state) all get immediate treatment at posh private facilities.

When the king of Jordan died, there was a big uproar here(and abroad) about how our Prime Minister couldn't make it to the funeral that every other world leader went to, because he was on a ski trip at Whistler. It turned out months later that he was actually getting surgery done at a private hospital in the U.S. This is the same guy whose fought all along to deny us private health care because it "goes against everything our country stands for"(yet we only took on universal health care like 50 years ago, go figure).

Its like George Carlin said, "the kid who swallows enough marbles to choke to death is supposed to die".

That way he doesn't grow up to inadvertantly kill a bunch of doctors and scientists who would've developed cures for cancer & AIDS and invented perpetual motion generators.

Or worse, reproduce and continue to spoil the gene pool.

esteban

Infomercials
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »
guts & black_tiger: I 100% disagree with both of you.  If it was possible to disagree with you further (say 200%), I'd have typed that.  Right now, I'm not in the mood to get into a spat with both of you, but suffice it to say that I want to smack both of you in the face and scream "WHAT THE F*** did you just say?"

I'll post later, after I finish up some stuff for work, but damn, we're on opposite sides of the political spectrum, it would seem.
  |    | 

GUTS

Infomercials
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 06:22:47 PM »
You disagree that paying taxes to support meth smoking shit heads who spit out kids is wrong?  I guess we are on opposite ends, haha.  I'm not saying shoot the f*ckers, I'm just saying they shouldn't recieve any goverment aid simply because they're too fat, stupid, lazy, hooked on drugs, etc to work like everybody else does.  I have no problem with helping out the people who really need it like welfare was originally intended, but the whole system has been totally perverted.

Just an illustration of how f*cking sick I am of these leech shitf*cks, on a WEEKLY basis this happens- I go to the store to buy some food, the f*cker in front of me (90% of the time they're mexican of course) pulls out their oregon trail card (basically a free money card since you can get cash back now) to pay for all their food, then 5 minutes later I see them pulling out of the parking lot in their f*cking gigantic SUV or totally souped up Accord or something.  It's f*cking sickening to me that someone could have enough money to pay for a really, really nice car yet not have ANY dignity or self respect at all and cheat the government for free food at MY expense.

esteban

Infomercials
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 10:32:36 AM »
You disagree that paying taxes to support meth smoking shit heads who spit out kids is wrong?  I guess we are on opposite ends, haha.  I'm not saying shoot the f*ckers, I'm just saying they shouldn't recieve any goverment aid simply because they're too fat, stupid, lazy, hooked on drugs, etc to work like everybody else does.  I have no problem with helping out the people who really need it like welfare was originally intended, but the whole system has been totally perverted.

Just an illustration of how f*cking sick I am of these leech shitf*cks, on a WEEKLY basis this happens- I go to the store to buy some food, the f*cker in front of me (90% of the time they're mexican of course) pulls out their oregon trail card (basically a free money card since you can get cash back now) to pay for all their food, then 5 minutes later I see them pulling out of the parking lot in their f*cking gigantic SUV or totally souped up Accord or something.  It's f*cking sickening to me that someone could have enough money to pay for a really, really nice car yet not have ANY dignity or self respect at all and cheat the government for free food at MY expense.
OK, I'll try to clarify. Your characterization of the folks who use social services is grossly misinformed and downright deceitful. Sure, there will always be a few folks who scam, or take advantage of social services. But this is an extreme minority. An overwhelming majority of the folks who use social services truly need help and assistance. In fact, they deserve even more. The image you've conjured up (of the "welfare cheat") is commonly used to attack social programs, demonize the folks who need social services, etc. To add insult to injury, Guts racialized things  by conjuring up another popular image, the welfare cheat of "Mexican" or foreign origin. Needless to say, one of the most effective methods for attacking social welfare programs in the U.S. has been to exploit voters' racist and xenophobic beliefs.

In reality, an overwhelming majority of folks on welfare in the U.S. are white, because, quite simply, whites comprise the majority of the population.  If and when ethnic minorities are over-represented in the social welfare system, it is simply an inidication that these communities suffer the highest rates of poverty, unemployment, etc. and are the least likely to have access to good education and health care, etc. etc.

Oppression, racism, sexism -- these are all very real obstacles. I'm not talking about individuals spouting racist or sexist beliefs (although that certainly exists), I'm talking about social policy and access to resources systematically favoring certain groups (white / middle class+) and systematically disfavoring other groups (working class / ethnic minorities).

I can tell you from first-hand experience (working and volunteering in labor unions) that social services have been stripped and/or reduced to the point of absurdity. Folks are struggling to survive -- literally. I won't even discuss medical services, I'll start with something simple: food.  The levels of malnourishment in this country is a CRIME -- considering we live in the most prosperous nation in history, and we produce enough surplus food to export it overseas and dump it at super-cheap prices.

Don't get me started on medical services, education, etc.

Here's the bottom line, I guess: You and Black_Tiger are attacking social services as if these services are wasteful or inherently flawed (easilly exploited, too generous, etc.). Simultaneously, you attack the folks who need these programs as welfare cheats, lazy bums, scammers, etc. This is an inaccurate, unfair, and grossly misinformed characterization of social welfare programs in the U.S and the folks who benefit from them.

Social services are greatly needed, and should receive an increase in funding, if anything.

Housing, education, health care, living wage -- I believe it is the utmost duty of GOVERNMENT to ensure that EVERYONE has a minimal level of access to these resources. For our purposes here, consider it a BASIC RIGHT.

I accept the fact that there will be some folks who try to scam the welfare system. Let's assume this can never be eliminated (a realistic position we can agree on). WE STILL NEED welfare, and the overall public good still benefits.

If you are SO CONCERNED about the government wasting our money, why aren't you attacking the programs THAT AREN'T HELPING ANYONE and are only creating MISERY: the military budget is friggin' goddam huge. Ronald Reagan is well known for pushing military / Pentagon spending through the roof, but even by those inflated levels, our current spending (PRIOR TO THE WARS IN AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ) is insanely high.

Not to get into another debate, but our tax dollars are being used to ILLEGALLY and IMMORALLY slaughter and subjugate folks around the world. Don't forget that we subsidize and supply weapons and training to countless brutal regimes around the world.

Social welfare spending in the U.S. is hardly the big waste of our tax $$$. Military spending is # 1. Coporate welfare is # 2. I'll stop there.

I love you guys :), but we defintely don't share common ground when it comes to politics.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

Infomercials
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 01:57:36 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"

OK, I'll try to clarify. Your characterization of the folks who use social services is grossly misinformed and downright deceitful. Sure, there will always be a few folks who scam, or take advantage of social services. But this is an extreme minority. An overwhelming majority of the folks who use social services truly need help and assistance. In fact, they deserve even more. The image you've conjured up (of the "welfare cheat") is commonly used to attack social programs, demonize the folks who need social services, etc. To add insult to injury, Guts racialized things  by conjuring up another popular image, the welfare cheat of "Mexican" or foreign origin. Needless to say, one of the most effective methods for attacking social welfare programs in the U.S. has been to exploit voters' racist and xenophobic beliefs.

In reality, an overwhelming majority of folks on welfare in the U.S. are white, because, quite simply, whites comprise the majority of the population.  If and when ethnic minorities are over-represented in the social welfare system, it is simply an inidication that these communities suffer the highest rates of poverty, unemployment, etc. and are the least likely to have access to good education and health care, etc. etc.

Oppression, racism, sexism -- these are all very real obstacles. I'm not talking about individuals spouting racist or sexist beliefs (although that certainly exists), I'm talking about social policy and access to resources systematically favoring certain groups (white / middle class+) and systematically disfavoring other groups (working class / ethnic minorities).

I can tell you from first-hand experience (working and volunteering in labor unions) that social services have been stripped and/or reduced to the point of absurdity. Folks are struggling to survive -- literally. I won't even discuss medical services, I'll start with something simple: food.  The levels of malnourishment in this country is a CRIME -- considering we live in the most prosperous nation in history, and we produce enough surplus food to export it overseas and dump it at super-cheap prices.

Don't get me started on medical services, education, etc.

Here's the bottom line, I guess: You and Black_Tiger are attacking social services as if these services are wasteful or inherently flawed (easilly exploited, too generous, etc.). Simultaneously, you attack the folks who need these programs as welfare cheats, lazy bums, scammers, etc. This is an inaccurate, unfair, and grossly misinformed characterization of social welfare programs in the U.S and the folks who benefit from them.

Social services are greatly needed, and should receive an increase in funding, if anything.

Housing, education, health care, living wage -- I believe it is the utmost duty of GOVERNMENT to ensure that EVERYONE has a minimal level of access to these resources. For our purposes here, consider it a BASIC RIGHT.

I accept the fact that there will be some folks who try to scam the welfare system. Let's assume this can never be eliminated (a realistic position we can agree on). WE STILL NEED welfare, and the overall public good still benefits.

If you are SO CONCERNED about the government wasting our money, why aren't you attacking the programs THAT AREN'T HELPING ANYONE and are only creating MISERY: the military budget is friggin' goddam huge. Ronald Reagan is well known for pushing military / Pentagon spending through the roof, but even by those inflated levels, our current spending (PRIOR TO THE WARS IN AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ) is insanely high.

Not to get into another debate, but our tax dollars are being used to ILLEGALLY and IMMORALLY slaughter and subjugate folks around the world. Don't forget that we subsidize and supply weapons and training to countless brutal regimes around the world.

Social welfare spending in the U.S. is hardly the big waste of our tax $$$. Military spending is # 1. Coporate welfare is # 2. I'll stop there.

I love you guys :), but we defintely don't share common ground when it comes to politics.

I wasn't attacking the folks who need any kind of services. I was just reminded of a couple of ways we're screwed here by our political system.

I also just mentioned a couple of things that popped into my mind at the time. First of all, the people who are abusing the system in the ways I meant, are at least well off and certainly not poor or in any kind of compromising position. I was talking about people who are not trapped by their lifestyles, but choose to do abuse their own bodies and live in reckless ways that affect others.

I'm talking about people who drink and drive(I don't know a single person here who drinks and who drives who doesn't drink & drive), people who smoke in certain public places and smoke into the faces of their stroller bound infants, people who run grow ops, regardless of whether or not the landlord or future buyer is aware of it, people who purposesly have sex with other people without letting them know how diseased they are or rampantly cheat on monogomous partners and another big problem around here right now is street racing.

In our relatively small(by U.S. standards) community, I'm talking Vancouver area, people die every single night from drunk drivers, street racers or miscelaneous hit & runs. And now a majority of the time, in the few times that these losers are caught, it turns out that they've had their license suspended several times over(so what happened the first they were caught driving dangerously on a suspended license?).

Now regardless of how bad our justice system has got very quickly as its fallen behind the times, the problem we're facing here is the haves abusing the 'system' in general, not the have-nots.

Anyways, what I was going to say I never got to mention before is how bad things have gotten for the mentally ill here now. Particularly now with our local provincial government who cut down what little their was for these people.

They made it so hard to apply for mental disability services, let alone welfare(for the disabled), that 9/10 mentally competant people could never do it if they had all the free time in the world.

And right now, 9/10 people living on the street have mental issues and wound up there when there was noone to take care of them. My brother would've wound up there too if my mother didn't just happen to have had enough free time when it counted most to work on getting him help. It was so hard, that she barely managed to get him any kind of help over the last 4 or 5 years that it's taken for him to even get welfare, which he has to go on for several months before he can get his disability pension.
In the meantime, aside from on the months spent in different asylums, he also wound up in prison for a few months without even committing a crime.

My whole point was that we've lost all our social services and the well off are abusing whats left here. Like I said, after those in government and the police, only prison inmates get the treatment that everyone deserves(plus, they now have tattoo parlors with free tattoos during their stay).

Again I'm talking about Canada and more directly B.C. You guys have your own unique set of problems. Our radically different political systems have thrown us in the same boat now though, where we only have two polarized options when it comes elections time. And although we're going the opposite route, avoiding the religous right, it sounds like either way we're getting worked over by politicians who've got a strangle hold on the system itself to keep things going the way they have.

At least its a lot safer to be born gay here.

stevek666, it sounds more like we are on the same page. We have no military spending here. Our total debt, which we're reducing anually with our (grossly)surplused national budgets, is still less than the United States' anual deficit.

And our governments, federal and provincial are still screwing over those in genuine need by cutting social services.

Thats what I was talking about when I said that people who don't deserve health care are using it the most and now too many who should are waiting too long.

And here its no longer a matter of $$$ when it comes to health care(I'm talking strictly health care here), because our health care system is so out of control that we're not aloud to even figure out what it costs to provide service(they more money thrown on the fire, the waiting lists continue to rise) and well paid janitorial staff, let alone doctors and nurses are going on strike all the time(leaving the ill to sit in hospital hallways) to get 9 weeks holidays and even higher salaries, when people who know people working in the industry can tell you, too many people in these untouchable unions don't even really work in the first place.

Here its illegal to hire "scabs", but hospital employees, transit workers and teachers aren't considered essential services. We had a 6 month transit strike. Guess who that affected? It wasn't the rich, they loved it since they could speed even faster without all those buses in the way.

Another thing that is the same here, as racist as most people are, its still mainaly so-called "white" people who abuse the 'system' in general the most.

Keranu

Infomercials
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 02:41:59 PM »
I guess this isn't an infomercial thread anymore, but this is an awesome George Carlin quote you posted, Black Tiger: "the kid who swallows enough marbles to choke to death is supposed to die"." .

There was this one decent infomercial I saw last month with some Olympic athelete that was trying to sell a money-making real estate product or something called like "Winning in the Cash Flow Business". I thought it was pretty funny, but not very convincing. However before that infomercial, I saw one for this product that would cook food in less time but taste like slow cooked food because it used "halygon" technology or something, and that was kind of convincing, but whenever they cooked some kind of meat and cut it open, it almost looked like it wasn't done. Still a pretty cool item though, I would have to get more indepth information for this product later.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

Infomercials
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 02:49:29 PM »
Well I haven't studied any of that stuff obviously, I'm just going on what I see.   I agree that those who can't provide for themselves should be helped, but I think the system should be geared towards pumping money into schools so that people can actually get a good education.  I don't think the government should be giving people 6 months of "unemployment" for example, or giving money to women who keep pumping out babies.   Personally (and you'll probably hate this!) I think that if you're on state funding for your children, you should be FORCED to take birth control or even have your tubes tied.  I also think men should be forced to get their shit snipped if they can't or won't support the kids they have.

Anyway I always like reading your replies, it's interesting talking to someone who believes the total opposite of most of the stuff I do when they're not all in my face about it like most people are (my side of the fence too, it seems like most people can't get their opinions across without getting in your face and calling you a retard).

Black Tiger

Infomercials
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 03:02:30 PM »
Well I haven't studied any of that stuff obviously, I'm just going on what I see.   I agree that those who can't provide for themselves should be helped, but I think the system should be geared towards pumping money into schools so that people can actually get a good education.  I don't think the government should be giving people 6 months of "unemployment" for example, or giving money to women who keep pumping out babies.   Personally (and you'll probably hate this!) I think that if you're on state funding for your children, you should be FORCED to take birth control or even have your tubes tied.  I also think men should be forced to get their shit snipped if they can't or won't support the kids they have.

Anyway I always like reading your replies, it's interesting talking to someone who believes the total opposite of most of the stuff I do when they're not all in my face about it like most people are (my side of the fence too, it seems like most people can't get their opinions across without getting in your face and calling you a retard).

I agree about people not controlling their procreation when they can't provide for the children they aready "have"(made).

I remember reading in the news about a guy in the U.S. who had like 23 kids with like at least a dozen mothers and refused to use a condom. So at a back-child support trial, the judge ordered him to have a vasectomy.

I wish that kind of thing happened more often. Because like Reverend Lovejoy's wife always shouts "Won't somebody please! Think of the children!".

As for EI, I don't have a problem with the 9 months they give here and I've gone my entire life(including struggles) without using it.

But this is because, again, our government's screwing us over with ridiculous over taxation and our EI pool is over surplussed by billions every year and is just getting worse.

And then they use the surplus for other programs(not good ones) even though its against the law, but refuse to cut our premiums or our 47% income tax rate(I beleive you guys average 28% or something).

I'd like to see what several groups are proposing: EI credit that you pay into and dip into when you need it, or just want to use it. Let the feds take what they need to run the program, but the rest would take care of itself and we'll still have welfare for those starting out.

nodtveidt

Infomercials
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 03:06:49 AM »
As someone who once depended on social services, I can tell you from my perspective the state of the situation.

As powerful as the US is economically, one thing you have to remember is that this economic power is reserved for only those at the highest level. Those of us who make up the middle class are the most abundant, and those of the lower class, although not as abundant, are frequent, and I used to be one of them...through hard work and many years of sacrifice, I can now safely say I fit into the middle class...lower middle class but middle class nonetheless.

There are a lot of people in the US who depend on social services of some kind. This is well-known. But what isn't well-known is the people themselves...do you know that most people who depend on social services don't like that they have to depend on someone else? Humans by their nature aren't leeches...we're self-sufficient creatures by nature. So someone, say, on welfare...they don't tend to like that fact and they'll go to great lengths to conceal it. I remember walking home from a food kitchen with bags of groceries, hoping that no one would see me and recognize me as "one of the poor". Most of the people who went there were like that, and there were a lot of them. Now...I couldn't work a normal job (I still can't), I have physical and mental conditions which prevent me from doing so. So the old adage of "if you're able to walk, you're able to work" is bullshit. A lot of the people I used to see at the food kitchen were the same way...unable to work, or only able to work small part-time jobs to do what they could to support themselves and, if applicable, their families. They do what they have to do to survive in this world. Some of them aren't the most educated people, some of them are still paying for mistakes they made when they were young, and some of them will never recover from life's hard lessons. But they still manage to survive somehow.

And every once in awhile, you have "them"...the loud-mouthed overweight scamming bitches (both male and female, no gender is immune to this). These are the motherf*ckers who have no problem going out, getting drunk, getting knocked up, and popping out a football team's worth of children and expecting the government to pay for their slutty ass. These are the type of people you tend to think of when you think of welfare mothers...they're loud, rude, and abusive...in other words, you remember them. You don't remember, for example, the quiet old man who sat waiting for an hour and a half to get a loaf of bread, but you sure will remember the 30-something loudmouth fatass smacking her 5 kids around, trying to get them and about eight bags of groceries into her Chevy Nova (which consumes enourmous amounts of gasoline). These are the a$$holes who will barge into the food kitchen with their whiney brats and she'll bitch and yell because she couldn't go first..."I've got eight kids to feed you f*cking retards!". Yes, I've seen this all before, so I'm not going by some statistical bullshit...it's all real-life experience, folks.

Bottom line: you don't know jack shit about the system unless you've actually been in it. Pray to whatever god/goddess/spirit/jackolantern that you worship that you never have to see this dark side of humanity because it isn't a pleasant existence.