Author Topic: WTB: Turbografx/PC Engine protos/betas  (Read 324 times)

etrader99

WTB: Turbografx/PC Engine protos/betas
« on: August 08, 2005, 02:18:16 AM »
Looking to buy any protos/betas (released or unreleased) or other promotional/rare/unreleased or similar items.

I think someone on here had a camp california beta, please contact me if that was you.

Thanks.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 01:42:40 PM »
I know someone that had one, but, this was years ago, when the game was still being made, & I no longer have any idea where he lives.  His dad worked for Icom at the time, doing the graphics of Ghost Manor(including the main character, which was just a sprite of him, William Arthur Huff).  Aw, memories.

nodtveidt

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 02:03:04 PM »
I have a prototype of an unreleased game, I guess you could call it extremely rare since there's only one copy in existence... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Okay I'm just teasing...it would be a prototype disc of Mysterious Song, and there's only one in existence because I've only made one. The finished game will be out soon though. :D

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 03:15:52 PM »
Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"
I know someone that had one, but, this was years ago, when the game was still being made, & I no longer have any idea where he lives.  His dad worked for Icom at the time, doing the graphics of Ghost Manor(including the main character, which was just a sprite of him, William Arthur Huff).  Aw, memories.

Oh man, that's awesome info! I could've easily figured the sprite in that game was based off of a person and I'm glad I know know the sprite artist and main character model for Ghost Manor! Most people probably won't find this fascinating, but this is as good as meeting a famous person for a nerd like myself!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 05:26:51 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"

Oh man, that's awesome info! I could've easily figured the sprite in that game was based off of a person and I'm glad I know know the sprite artist and main character model for Ghost Manor! Most people probably won't find this fascinating, but this is as good as meeting a famous person for a nerd like myself!
Keranu, good eye!  I totally overlooked that nugget! And I totally agree with you, it's awesome that W.A. Huff was immortalized in GHOST MANOR. Awesome!
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 05:54:32 PM »
I was good friends with his son Bill Huff back in high school......unfortunatly, he liked to rip on the Turbo & it's abilities.  Not that he didn't like any games on it, but, he was just critical of it.  He also mentioned how they were bummed that they didn't allow them enough space for paralax, maybe if they were allowed a 6 megabit card.

esteban

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 06:17:10 PM »
I was good friends with his son Bill Huff back in high school......unfortunatly, he liked to rip on the Turbo & it's abilities.  Not that he didn't like any games on it, but, he was just critical of it.  He also mentioned how they were bummed that they didn't allow them enough space for paralax, maybe if they were allowed a 6 megabit card.
:)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 01:46:11 AM »
Do you have any pictures of William Arthur Huff or hell even anyone else associated with NEC of America and TTi? I'd love to see them! By the way, there is this level in Ghost Manor that I see on the TG16 promo videos of William riding some creature and shooting down these giant faces; that level looks so sweet but I can never make it to it! I think when I really tried playing the game to make it to that level, I only made it to 1-2 or 1-3. The sprite work looked really nice in that level, so give him my congrats on that if you ever get to see old Huff again! :D
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 07:16:11 AM »
I think that's the last level where you fight Orb Gamit(I think that was the name).  BTW, he actually just goes by Art Huff, but his full name is William Arthur Huff.  I never really talked to him much, just his son Bill.  I used to have some pictures of Eun Lopez who I was friends with back in the day, she was the secretary up until the end of TTI.  I don't think I have those pictures anymore.....if I do, I have NO clue where they went.