Author Topic: How do I get/find an avatar?  (Read 826 times)

doomfarer75

How do I get/find an avatar?
« on: August 10, 2005, 03:55:17 PM »
Hey everyone..forgive my ignorance, but while I don't post often, I come here everyday, often several times. I have always wondered about how to get an avatar or picture or whatever under my screen name.  what sites are good to grab them from,  or can i yank them from anywhere?  then do I just upload it in my profile info?  Thanks for any help...-Doom
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

esteban

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 10:51:02 AM »
I don't know of any avatar galleries off-hand. I quickly made these for you, though (you can use one of them as a temporary place-holder until you find something better):

Sumo Master, Meateater, Executioner, Spitfire Spike and Mongo Kahn:
The five wrestlers to grace Battle Royale

EDIT: OK, I couldn't resist and I took the Executioner avatar for myself. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want him, anyway :). Once Doom decides if he wants to use any of these, you folks can use the remaining ones. Keranu has dibs on Spitfire Spike.

From the manual, concerning the character's attributes:
Quote from: ""
Sumo Master: The hardest hitter, but kind of slow. Slowest to recover.

Meateater: Great speed, but not the hardest hitter. Quickest to recover, he's always hungry for more.

Executioner: His hits are killers! Average speed. Slow to recover.

Spitfire Spike: Average stength and recovery, but his speed can burn you!

Mongo Kahn: Blazing speed makes Mongo's low hitting strength lethal! Recovers fast.

OBSERVATIONS: Yes, Sumo Master is giving the beat-down to Meateater in the cover art. Meateater, by the way, lives up to his name in the actual game and has a great special move. But what's up with Executioner? With his bare chest and outstretched hands, the only thing missing is a stripper pole. In the game, however, the Executioner has one of the best audible taunts I've heard in a video game. OK, I'm exaggerating a bit. Finally, "Mongo Kahn" is a friggin' great name. It's a shame the cover art for Battle Royale didn't provide a more interesting profile of Mongo. Damn shame.

--------------- Directions ---------------
Right click on the image and save it on your computer.

Then, at the top of this page, click on "Profile" and scroll to the bottom of the resulting page.

"Avatar control" allows you to upload or link to an avatar.

That's it!

If you want to use a different avatar (which is understandable), just remember that: "Width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB."
------------------
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 03:57:02 PM »
Steve thanks for cutting out the Battle Royal characters from the box art! I just might have to use my favorite, Spitfire Spike, sometime. Meateater is my second favorite!  :lol:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kaminari

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 06:07:24 PM »
Steve, I don't see any Chō Aniki dude amongst those avatars -- a shame! ;)

esteban

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 06:29:58 PM »
Quote from: "Kaminari"
Steve, I don't see any Chō Aniki dude amongst those avatars -- a shame! ;)
Don't worry, those fellows will be featured in an upcoming series of avatars. I'm serious! :)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 10:17:27 PM »
Battle Royal rocks so hard anyways!
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

doomfarer75

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 01:31:14 AM »
Outstanding! thanks steve,  I chose Mongo because even though his profile is hidden somewhat,  you are correct, it is an awesome name!  I also wanted Keranu to have the ones he wanted.  Sweet!
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

doomfarer75

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 02:10:36 AM »
Then again, now that you have shown the light, I think this pic is way more amusing..Charles Atlas rules!

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 02:53:08 AM »
Okay now I'm normally not a person who sets avatars are signature images, but Steve I couldn't resist your premade Battle Royal avatars... so check out my Spit Fire one! Now we're SUPAR Battle Royal brothers!!!

esteban

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 04:23:41 AM »
Quote from: "doomfarer75"
Then again, now that you have shown the light, I think this pic is way more amusing..Charles Atlas rules!
:) My brother is a fitness buff and I grew up learning that I must respect the old-skoolers -- or else! When I was growing up, the boy scout magazine I subscribed to ("Boys' Life" ? or something like that) still ran classic comic strip ads (harkening back to the 40's or 50's) about the "80 pound weakling" who got disrespected at the beach in front of the ladies. But the product being sold in the early 80's was called "Weight On" and was supposed to fatten you up / add muscle.

Quote from: "Keranu"
Now we're SUPAR Battle Royal brothers!!!
Oh, you think so? YOU DIE !!!!  :D  Seriously, though, as a tag team, Spitfire and Executioner are unstoppable. That's a wrestling fact.
  |    | 

nodtveidt

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 05:16:17 AM »
Executioner and Mongo were always my faves. :D

Keranu

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2005, 08:09:03 AM »
Battle Royal makes me laugh more than any other game I think.  :lol: