Author Topic: Wow...  (Read 302 times)

I Am Weasel

Wow...
« on: August 20, 2005, 07:54:21 AM »
You people are really something else! I mean that in a good way though since I found the forum. A long time collector of Turbo Duo games I didn't think there would be a forum with like minded people as myself. I have been trying to collect a complete collection of Turbo Duo games, going on with the Turbo Duo, Turbo Express, and 47 Hu card games and 29 cd/super cd games. I do recall the last fanfare of the Turbo Duo here in Wichita. I called Electronics Boutique and found out they had the last copy of Lords of Thunder in the city and I HAD to have it. Since then, Ebay has been a haven, though I must say after reading about sellers like momo, it's sad the market has strayed from actually collecting to making money. But that's how the world turns I suppose.

One thing I am curious about is how to extract audio from some of these games. I don't know if I screwed things up on my duo or not, but the Gate of Thunder had awesome ending music, and I can't extract it with my computer. I've extracted all other music except that one song. Since then, the disc doesn't work right either. :( That song was just... well, sweet. Other music I'd like to get, I have no idea how to get.. such as the name entry from Time Cruise, which I'd like to make into a ringer for my cell phone. *shrugs*.... maybe I'm way off here... but it's a dream in any case! Any ideas?

It was good to find this forum, hopefully I'll get a chance to learn more of my most beloved game system.
You don't need pants for the victory dance!

nodtveidt

Wow...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 02:02:05 PM »
Nowadays, ripping music from CD games is almost too easy with a program called foobar 2000...of course, if your disc is bad there's probably no hope for that anwyays. :( As far as cart games though...unless the music archive is on a site like zophar, there's no easy way to obtain it...

esteban

Wow...
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 07:01:37 PM »
hey, welcome to the turbo club :)
  |    | 

Kaminari

Wow...
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 07:07:55 PM »
I'm not a fan of Foobar. May I suggest VUPlayer instead? It's a blast (and Jim is a great pal). It supports every mixed mode imaginable.

Keranu

Wow...
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 10:16:20 PM »
Welcome aboard, HARRR, HARRR, HAAARRRRR!!!  8)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

lord_cack

Wow...
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 08:55:45 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Welcome aboard, HARRR, HARRR, HAAARRRRR!!!  8)

:shock: shakes his head a K....Aye Scurvie, AAARRRGHH....this here be the... :roll: F&*k IT....that was pretty lame anyway...yeah welcome aboard...me harty...
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....