Author Topic: NeoBitz RGB -> YPbPr board - any success? - need help  (Read 175 times)

Game-Tech.US

NeoBitz RGB -> YPbPr board - any success? - need help
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
I have a huge need for a good RGB to YPbPr circuit so I bought the NeoBitz, but it doesn't give me good video. I have two monitors I can test with, a 19" lcd cheapy and an Optoma projector. So far all i've done is hook it up to a model 1 genny through the a/v port using composite sync, the resulting video was perfect except it was way too bright or like the contrast was all the way up, totally white washed. I thought maybe the RGB needs amped or I need to use comp video with stripper instead of comp sync, or something on the board is amped too much like luma, but open to ideas...
Eventually i'll test it out on various NEC consoles if no one else has already.
BTW I asked him what chips he uses on this board and got no reply, no surprise. He scrubs off the tops of 3 chips, like its some secret circuit, pretty sure one is a charge pump that outputs -5v to the other two that I believe to be quad op-amps. I ordered cheap chips of the same purpose to test out my theory. Also got the whole board drawn up in Eagle with the intention of fabbing my own boards since I can't afford to buy his in quantity at his prices.