Author Topic: Linux: any way to "mount" bin/cue/wav sets as an actual drive?  (Read 216 times)

airzonk

So, I have no problem using MagicEngine via Crossover in Linux with real, inserted CDs.  But I want to know if there's a utility to actually mount BIN/CUE/WAV sets so MagicEngine can see them.  Anybody know?

thx  :mrgreen:

DragonmasterDan

Re: Linux: any way to "mount" bin/cue/wav sets as an actual drive?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:08:47 AM »
So, I have no problem using MagicEngine via Crossover in Linux with real, inserted CDs.  But I want to know if there's a utility to actually mount BIN/CUE/WAV sets so MagicEngine can see them.  Anybody know?

thx  :mrgreen:

It would need to be done via your crossover application settings since it's what sets up virtual drives, not Linux.

Anyway, to answer the other part of your question a BIN/CUE/WAV set differs from a CD, there is some format changing that goes on when you burn it to convert the WAVs to Redbook etc. So doing that isn't going to work without some outside application.
--DragonmasterDan

TheOldMan

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 01:01:24 AM »
If you're using linux, try using mednafen. Not only does it work better then ME, it supports Bin+Cue. And you can get rid of any intermediate layers, like crossover :-)

Mednafen

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 08:21:17 AM »
Yeah of you use Mednafeafaen you dont even need to do anything other than send the bincue into it.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.