Author Topic: WANTED: pc-engine GT  (Read 696 times)

rolins

WANTED: pc-engine GT
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 03:59:30 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"

The dead GT,if you bought it ebay,file a claim.You have 45-60 days if I remember right,and paypal covers you for 45 for sure.

I bought the GT from a member of this forum (that person will remain nameless). That member did give me a partial refund and let me keep the dead GT.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 06:37:33 PM »
Well,incase you care to protect the other members on this forum,you could name a name of the person.Selling doa junk isnt cool.

rolins

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2005, 07:39:28 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
Well,incase you care to protect the other members on this forum,you could name a name of the person.Selling doa junk isnt cool.

It wasn't doa when a got it and it actually worked normally when I first turned it on. I do suspect the former user(s) unknowingly damaged the GT when using the ac adaptor without a transformer or ran the unit with rechargeable batteries for long periods of time. I don't blame the person who sold it to me and the seller was willing to help me troubleshoot the problem. Besides, a GT/TE are not the most reliable piece of hardware and quite hard to find one without problems. Quiet sound is one of them, and another might be what other members and I are experiencing with their TE/ GT.

I just talked to an old friend and his TE just died on him a week ago. Except he was still able to run the TE with the ac adaptor but not with batteries. Which leads me to believe I may still have a shot at resurecting my dead GT if I use an ac adaptor.

And no, I won't give out names because I think the seller is good person and didn't mean to sell me a faulty GT. He was responsive to emails and packaged the item very well. It was just unfortunate that the GT died on me.

Radiant

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2005, 11:50:58 PM »
HI ! I also had this problem with my (new)TE! Put in the batteries (new), turn it on----> you hear the sound, but the screen is black..... Then put in the AC-Adaptor and it will work.... the problem is not the screen it's the power supply.....

rolins

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2005, 04:16:23 AM »
Quote from: "Radiant"
HI ! I also had this problem with my (new)TE! Put in the batteries (new), turn it on----> you hear the sound, but the screen is black..... Then put in the AC-Adaptor and it will work.... the problem is not the screen it's the power supply.....

You too huh. Just three questions Radiant.

1. Does your TE have weak sound?

2. When the screen goes "black" are you able to increase the brightness?

3. Were you using rechargeable AA batteries when the screen went dark?

Radiant

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2005, 06:37:29 PM »
Hi! I bought my TE new, and he had weak sound......I did the sound fix, and the sound is fine now....After i did the sound fix the TE worked normal....but last week i had the problem with the display.....So i put in the batteries AND the adapter and he worked.....while playing i can remove the batteries.....if i take a break (30min), and put it on again he works ( only with the adapter)  but on the next day i need the batteries to start it up....There is no Problem at all while playing......

NO i never used rechargeable Batteries
I"m not sure now but i think i can"t increase the brightness while the screen is black.......

I think a never played  (new) TE has more problems as a used TE or GT ......2 of my friends here in Austria have a used TE, and they don't have any problems with their TE's.........

Keranu

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 08:16:18 AM »
If you are still interested in a PCE GT, check out TurboDawg's thread here https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=1038 .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rolins

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 10:28:51 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
If you are still interested in a PCE GT, check out TurboDawg's thread here https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=1038 .

Maybe if he's willing to sell it for $65, but I don't think he will. I already purchased a brandnew TE for $150 and I'm very happy with it. I already ordered an external rechargeable battery pack, so I can take it with me on road trips. My only gripe is I only have Blazing Lazers to play and I have a bunch of pce games. I thought about buying a converter from TZD for $99, but I've decided to save my money to get a pce-pro flash cart instead (I always wanted one of those).

I'm also trying to collect some broken/non-working TE so I can practice my soldering skills. I'm planning to install a region switch myself once I get a supply of 8PDT switches.