Author Topic: Ruruli Ra Rura!?  (Read 453 times)

RURUiNa

Ruruli Ra Rura!?
« on: April 10, 2002, 09:11:00 AM »
I saw this listed as an action game (same genre as Chip Chan Kick) and I'm wondering if I'm missing some great action game.. The only screenshots here are of fmv so I have no idea..

Is this is a cool game? what's it like? thanks!

neofan1

Re: Ruruli Ra Rura!?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2002, 12:20:00 AM »
Hehe, going by your screen name there, I thought this was your favorite game!
It is an action side scrolling game, kinda like mario brothers mixed with Zenki (not on the same level of course). There is basically one big level with different scenes and you explore up and down the scenes looking for the next character who was trapped by a boss monster and free them. Once you free them, you can choose that character at any time (you switch off between characters to get thru the levels). Some characters jump higher, some use magic to bust down walls to get to the next area, some have strong attacks against the bosses, etc. The most frustrating thing is that almost all the characters move REALLY slow. It takes a couple of plays to get used to the slower speed. The real trick is to guess which character is best for which level. The characters are all crazy and cool in there own way (ones a frog). And the game auto-saves each time you find a new character or find a new area, so you can re-start from where you left off (which is the best feature of the game). It is basically one of those games where you find new things to do in the older levels when you find a new character, so it's a pretty long game. Lastly, There are lots of animated movies thru the game, which is probably the only reason NEC let them release this action game :)
I can write a mini-review of this game on my (lame) PC-FX site and upload it with some different pics tonight, it's a great little game that shouldn't be missed.
later gamer
-scott http://communities.msn.com/PCFXwalthrusandhintsyour guide to PC-FX guides!

RURUiNa

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2002, 03:41:00 AM »
Thx alot

my screenname was ruina but i forgot my password so i added the extra 'ru'

your site is really cool!

neofan1

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 11:40:00 AM »
Ok the mini-review is up for Ruruli Ra Rura, i think I have about 10 PC-FX games reviewed now on my lame-ass site :)
I put some pics in there too (just one level and character, but you get the idea) I can add more varied ones if you still need an idea of what the game looks like.
later gamer
-scott
(ps, on my site it's under reviews page 4) or cut + paste this in your browser......
communities.msn.com/PCFXw...page5.msnw

http://communities.msn.com/PCFXwalthrusandhintsyour guide to PC-FX guides!