Author Topic: Recca Sumer Carnival 92: Most expensive Famicom Game  (Read 770 times)

Ninja Spirit

esteban

Recca Sumer Carnival 92: Most expensive Famicom Game
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 03:32:29 AM »
Well, first we know that 16-bit, the seller, has premium prices. That said, he's offering a highly desirable game, CIB in the best condition I've ever seen it on ebay North America (granted, I have never been searching specifically for this title), and it actually isis a rare game.

Folks who scour Yahoo Japan auctions should be able to tell us what this game goes for over there.
  |    | 

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 04:03:08 AM »
Just found out why it's that much.

Back in 1992 this game was only made for a tournament in Japan. Kinda like the Hudson Caravan contests.

rolins

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 04:12:55 AM »
Its no joke, the rarity of this game within nes/famicom ranks above the game, Stack-Up. But unlike Stack-Up, this is one of the best shmups on the famicom, and probably worth it. The action is super fast, faster than Gun Nac of the famicom. Plus its addictive, and I've only been able to play it is on emulators. Who ever buys this is extremely lucky.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 04:15:39 AM »
Mad props on that Hien avatar. I kinda like the way those anime male characters that mask themselves are drawn like that.

TJ

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 07:47:56 AM »
Yeah, I mentioned Recca in a post in the shmup thread on this forum a few weeks back. Mad Gear there has had this copy in his store for a while now. He also had a loose copy he was selling for around $270.

Is it worth it? Maybe. But even being a collector and a shooter fan (and Recca is a hell of a shooter, esp. being on the Famicom), that's too rich for my blood. If I had the kind of income that I could drop that much on a showpiece, I'd do it, but I don't...yet ;P

TJ

rolins

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 08:10:31 AM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Mad props on that Hien avatar. I kinda like the way those anime male characters that mask themselves are drawn like that.

Thanks, I was looking for a pilot avatar and found this one. It kinda reminds me Ryu Hayabusa and Strider Hiryu.

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 10:55:50 AM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
...CIB in the best condition I've ever seen it on ebay North America (granted, I have never been searching specifically for this title), and it actually isis a rare game.

What does "CIB" mean?

I've never heard of this Famicom game before, just that one for PCE SCD. I should download it and try it out to see how awesome it is.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

rolins

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 11:02:20 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
What does "CIB" mean?

CIB = comes in box

I've never heard of this Famicom game before, just that one for PCE SCD. I should download it and try it out to see how awesome it is.

Yes try it, you'll be surprised how good it is.

Keranu

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 11:08:19 AM »
Quote from: "rolins"
What does "CIB" mean?

CIB = comes in box

Ohh, thanks!

Quote from: "rollins"
Yes try it, you'll be surprised how good it is.

I sure will, hopefully by tonight.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

FM-77

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 11:23:07 PM »
What does "CIB" mean?

CIB = comes in box

Wrong.

CIB = cartridge, instructions & box (i.e. complete)

And what was mentioned before is true. This game was in a competition only. Very rare title. Pretty nice game too.

rolins

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 03:57:17 AM »
Quote from: "Seldane"
What does "CIB" mean?

CIB = comes in box

Wrong.

CIB = cartridge, instructions & box (i.e. complete)

And what was mentioned before is true. This game was in a competition only. Very rare title. Pretty nice game too.

I always assumed CIB means "comes in box". Since MIB means "mint in box" and NIB means "new in box". I re-checked what CIB means on http://www.acronymfinder.com and it means "complete in box". But no one really use these arconyms often on ebay because buyers get confused about their meaning.

GUTS

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 01:23:38 PM »
^^ Yeah I always thought it meant that it was just catridge in box, like no instructions included, otherwise they'd just say COMPLETE! RARE!!!

Keranu

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 07:29:36 PM »
Complete in box?

akamichi

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 12:53:40 AM »
I never did understand those acronyms.  They are vague at best especially when you're buying from someone else.

Anyway, the last few times I was in Tokyo, the "most expensive" game for the Famicon I could find was Z Gundam Hot Scramble Final ver.  Stores were trying to _buy_ the game for close to $2500.  Usually they mark the price up close to 2x when they sell it!

I think that game has gone down in price because it was re-released in the Famicon mini series for GBA.  But what's stupid is that even that version is "rare" because it was only available thru Nintendo as part of one of their promotions.