Author Topic: !!!Warning to all sellers here of ebay scammer mrecool81!!!  (Read 536 times)

ProfessorProfessorson

Sellers beware of mrecool81.
http://myworld.ebay.com/mrecool81

Buyer requested to be able to make a late payment.  I granted this request. Before item was even due to be shipped, buyer sent a pm demanding refund if item wasn't shipped yet. I assumed buyer missed my posted shipping policy, 3-5 business days after payment has been made. I called them personally, and seemed to be able to make them realize their error after talking to them for a bit about my shipping policies, etc. I shipped the pc out the next day. Item arrives, buyer claims damage, wont load windows after post.  Sends me 2 pms after 12 AM expecting instant replies. I reply in the morning when I wake up. Inform buyer of trouble shooting tips, and that if after trying said troubleshooting and it is still a no go, I can file a claim with UPS for them, but they will have to hand the item over to them.

Buyer replies back insinuating I am a scammer, because his old lady says so(yeah, thats what he refers to her as), insist he doesn't want to have to give the item back to UPS because he thinks he will have to pay them shipping back to me and that I will rip him off, etc. Lots of excuses and refers to his old ladys age old wisdom on ebay sellers. Sends other messages to me of similar quality. He finally request that I do a claim after I tell him that it involves no money on his part. I start the claim process.

During this time, the buyer opens a ebay dispute, thus placing my paypal account in the negative. He claimed he spoke with UPS regarding the claim, and that they informed him he would not be refunded if the shipping box had no damage present. After contacting both 1-800-pick-ups and my local UPS store, it is confirmed he never called them regarding the claim, and lied on his opening statement of the dispute. I contact ebay via phone, they suggest replying to dispute, then escalating it, since I was caught in the middle of it, and the UPS claim process. I do so. Ebay reps informed me that if the buyer did not cooperate with the UPS claim process, then odds are, due to prior issues involving the buyer with other sellers, him demanding a refund from me before item was due to be shipped, etc, that it may be chalked up to buyers remorse and the case would be closed.

Today I contact my local UPS store manager. The claim was approved. They are not going to bother inspecting the item she said, much to both her and my regret, as the main people that handle claims felt it was not worth their time, since I had provided ample proof the item worked before it was placed in UPS hands. I was hoping they would inspect it, to call the guys bluff and see if he would worm out of the claim process (I will say why down below). At anyrate, I will be refunded by UPS. I will refund the guy since the UPS claim has been found in my favor. The guy lied on the dispute. He was a total a$$hole regarding the situation, showing zero trust I would handle the matter (then again, it wasn't really about trusting me, he was attempting a scam, and, lucky for him, it worked due to UPS not wanting to invest time in the claim).

So now, the other fun part of this. As I had mentioned, I spoke to the guy over the phone. He claimed to not read my payment and shipping policies at all before using BIN, even though the top part was in all caps, at top of auction. He stated multiple times the reason he wanted the pc from me was because the one he purchased awhile back as a Windows 95 setup was not fast enough to run some of his later games like Resident Evil 2-3 and MGS. During all his BS I decide to review feedback he has left other sellers. Low and behold, there was a few recient high value purchases that the guy made, where he claimed in negative fb that items were damaged and he wanted a refund. Sellers stated in fb replies they offered refund upon him returning goods, and he declined. The sellers all had solid feedback.

One of the negatives he left a seller involved the Windows 95 setup he described to me. He claimed it was damaged in the fb. Seller replied taht the guy was harassing to him, etc. Weird how this seemingly damaged computer was perfectly fine when I talked to the guy on the phone. I contact the seller. Their reply :

"Dear professorprofessorson,

No, they did not ship it back. I know for a fact that they was taking apart computers and trying to switch parts around. They did say that they took the memory and other stuff out of an IBM aptiva. They left negative feedback on me despite all the help I was offering. The messages they sent to me eventually turned into verbal abuse. My suggestion is not to communicate with them. My desktop I sent them was in 100% working order. This buyer does not know what they are doing or how to install basic stuff.
- haxers"

I will state again, on the phone, the guy never mentioned having a lick of problems with the actual hardware, only stating that he felt the computer itself was not fast enough and that Windows 95 was holding him back too.

I am well past the point of benefit of doubt for the buyer. They have more then proven they are a scammer in the making, gunning for scams on higher dollar items when possible. The guy is operating out of a trailer using a womans account as is, and he himself will not show up on 411.com, and their phone is a unregistered cell number. You all need to be very aware, because he is dealing with not just vintage pc items, but also 3DO, 32X, and now Turbografx/Pc-Engine related items too, buying stuff quite often. If you are a seller in the USA or Japan, there is a solid chance you could risk having him win one of your auctions, and from then on, who knows. Simply not worth the risk.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:34:54 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: !!!Warning to all sellers here of ebay scammer mrecool81!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 01:09:36 PM »
Sold post.  Thanks for sharing.  Hopefully nobody else here gets wrapped up in this guy's web.

Mathius

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »
I am still confused after all that. Did, or did you not, win the eBay dispute?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

blueraven

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:23:40 PM »
Thanks for the update, dude. No dice here.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

incrediblehark

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:11:57 PM »
you should post his address and any information, if he is a scammer, he doesn't deserve any privacy.

Tatsujin

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »
WORD!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »
I'm...amazed.

People actually bother to ship 15 year old Aptivas through the mail? Why? Every town in America has shit like that going into the landfill every day.

I guess con men don't often have the balls these days to scam people in person. :)

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »
you should post his address and any information, if he is a scammer, he doesn't deserve any privacy.
I cant publically post it. It would violate ebay user policies, and if he found out, he could get my ebay account suspended. I can only post his id name and link to it, per ebay rules. Regardless, the guys ebay and paypal account he is using is not his anyway, unless he is a chick with a dick. He is not doing any of this activity under his own legal name.

I'm...amazed.

People actually bother to ship 15 year old Aptivas through the mail? Why? Every town in America has shit like that going into the landfill every day.

I guess con men don't often have the balls these days to scam people in person. :)

People buying the stuff either dont know how to build computers, or know how to get older hardware set up to run dos and older games, so they need a quick easy all in one solution other then the Dos Box emu or trying to dual boot Win 98 and Win 7 on newer hardware. A lot of the Dos knowledge is just not there with people under 25-30 anymore either, or how to get the hardware to load up audio, cd support, mouse driver, etc, in dos.

I am still confused after all that. Did, or did you not, win the eBay dispute?
The ebay dispute will be closed by me here in a bit. No one really wins this. The guys rep has been damaged, and his methods exposed. Not really worth the 100 bucks and a Celeron 400mhz pc he was gunning after. I will not be out any money. I am still paid for this auction, by UPS. Because he threw my account in the negative, I had to initiate funds to refund him, which I was not going to do until I was sure he complied with whatever UPS needed, if they needed anything from him at all, and I knew the outcome of the UPS claim. I had cleaned out my paypal account on purpose of all but 30 bucks (for seller fees) when the guy started sending his bullshit messages. I was able to do so a few hours before he opened the dispute. I had a gut feeling he would try to worm out of the UPS claim and do a ebay one instead, so I figured better safe then sorry. Worse case is my hunch was wrong, and I would just put the money back in paypal later. When I got back home from the atm and running errands and contacted him that the UPS claim was started, he proved my gut feeling correct by opening the ebay dispute and lying about making contact with UPS.

I canceled all current auctions of mine when I saw the dispute so that no one would win a item, and have their money get trapped by his bullshit. I plan ahead. I have been around the block enough to smell a scam (even if I was a little late on this one initially), and know what to expect and how to handle it so my other buyers don't get affected. When something like this comes up, sometimes its best to just close up shop and wait and see what is going to happen, and focus on your prior buyers who still need their stuff shipped out. I can afford to have paypal go into the negative over a dispute for a little while if I must, in order to see where the UPS claim or whatever is headed. I can pay for shipping at USPS or whatever in cash, dont need paypal for that, and I do very little online buys these days, and I use my normal debit card for that stuff when I do, because paypal protection falls short outside of ebay purchases.

Paypal doesn't charge a fee for that negative balance crap, they simply leave your account in the negative and request you add funds to bring it back to 0/even again, and they were fully aware of the situation, as I contacted them too by phone and let them know what was going on, and that I would not be putting funds in until I saw the buyer was complying, etc. They made a note on my account.

As for the UPS claim process. They have a 5 business day period, during which they decide if they want to investigate the items damage, or not, and just grant the claim. If they dont do anything by the 5th day they just automatically grant the claim and tell the receiver to keep the item or discard it. He got lucky, because UPS decided their time was more valuable then the money, a bit over $100 after shipping.

The ebay dispute should never have been opened to begin with, because if the guy was honest, and complied with the UPS claim process, he was going to get his money anyway, refunded by me, once I got the go ahead from Gina, the owner of the local UPS store I ship through. I don't have any worries about UPS reimbursing me, I have never had any issues with them, and I go into the local UPS store near me a lot to ship larger items off. The only reason dipshit opened the dispute was to try to bypass the UPS claim and just make a go at keeping the item and trying to get the refund, assuming ebay by the off chance may be dumb enough to grant one. That much was gathered from all the bullshit messages he kept sending me, and the actions he took. It wouldn't have worked though, as ebay was already chalking it up to being buyers remorse, their reps specifically stated this, which they don't enforce refunds on if sellers state as-is no returns.

They specifically stated the auction was very descriptive, there was ample proof it worked, and he should have known what he was buying when he got the item, and if he was unhappy with it after it arrived as described, and shown in pictures and video, then tough luck, as you cant please everyone.  The guy submitted no actual proof to anyone the item arrived damaged, and often in his messages to me he admitted to not reading the auction details (whether he actually did or not). Ebay would have never enforced a refund unless he returned the item to me first, which I know he would not do, he said he wouldn't unless he got paid first. And they only would have done that if he could have proved it was indeed damaged and non working, which he did not try to do. His method of doing so would have been UPS inspecting it, which then falls back to the claim they had going, and if it was damaged, claim approved.

Like I said, the guy just got lucky UPS wanted to just dish out money and be done with it. It was pretty clear if UPS actually wanted to do a onsite inspection, the guy wasn't going to comply, then the ebay dispute would have fallen apart. He stated specifically he wasn't going to hand anything over unless certain demands he made were met, which could not be met by UPS claim process. Ebay is aware of UPS claim process, so they knew his demands were unreasonable.

Basically he wanted the insurance number, and the check to be cut directly to him asap after he handed over the item, if he was required to do so, which would not happen, that is not how UPS works. They don't share any claim info with the receiver, nor make any payments to them, only the shipper and the local UPS store. The guy was clearly feigning mistrust against everyone, including myself, a 100 percent positive feedback Power Seller, so in the end he could just say in his own defense that everyone was trying to rip him off, so he would rather keep it then have nothing at all. He has completed over 150 transactions on ebay, so by now, he knows how things work, and he was clearly over acting.

What this in the end chalks up to is a lot of time wasting, and him ripping off UPS themselves, because they dont wish to investigate further past just knowing it worked when I shipped it. The local owner Gina shared the same sentiment as me on the matter, wished they would rather have done a inspection, called the guys bluff, just out of principle, and went from there, but the decision was not hers. I was covered either way, if the guy didn't comply, ebay themselves would have closed the dispute the guy opened. If he did comply, and UPS did need to see the item, and by the off chance there really was a issue, the claim would have been granted. Them not needing to inspect it has the same outcome. If the item was perfectly fine in UPS finding, the guy was made well aware that I requested a onsite inspection only, and did not want the item sent back to me. Any UPS findings would have been submitted to ebay, so ebay would have been made aware the item was fine.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:50:42 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 06:39:21 PM »
Here are some lovely choice messages from the guy to be dissected:

(his reply after I inquired if he did any troubleshooting, and suggesting what he could try)

First thing, I got your email last night telling me that UPS site says it's delivered or whatever you said.

Second I go out to my porch and there it is. Rather than tell you it's been delivered I decided to give it a start up test before I message you. (he waits about 7 hours to contact me from delivery time of 6 pm, at around 1AM. He lives in a trailer park, and was supposed to be staying home to wait for the package, he was even sending me messages sunday complaining they did not deliver it to him over the weekend.....)

Third I unpack and first thing I notice there's no plug in so I had to use my own cord. (auction specifically stated one was not included)
I figured that was a bad sign. So I hook it up thinking "I bet there's something wrong with it". Sure enough it didn't even boot. (this is up for speculation as he showed me no proof it did not do so)

Immediately I messaged you. No way would I attempt to hook up Cards or even open up the PC without testing it to see if it would start up normally first.
(immediately he messaged me...... around 1 am and 3 am....)

So there you go. I'm not opening up this PC. (this is up for speculation)

So you are telling me to box it up, pay shipping and be out of more money and ship it back and hope you win a claim for me to get a refund? (feigning stupidity)

So then I would most likely be out of all that money for a mouse and keyboard?" (keyboard and mouse would have to be packed back up with the pc for the UPS claim, again buyer feigning stupidity)
----------------------------------------------------
(on telling him I will need to file a UPS claim for him)

Well get it in gear. Tell em you sent it and it's broken and won't boot up. So I can get my refund!!!!!(gimmme gimme now now now wah wah wah)

As for your auction notice, I failed to recognize AS-IS. Everybody knows AS-IS means broken. Had I seen that I would have not bought it. (again pretending to not read my auction details. The first line in all caps states as-is. Every auction of mine, toy, game, movie, etc, is listed as such, whether the item is new or used. If as is always means broken, then I always sell broken junk, so why do I have such a solid feedback rating? What a conundrum)

As for your video, that video does not prove it worked before shipment. Anybody can tell that you could have a separate PC doing it and just have the junk PC standing next to a monitor so that does not prove it worked before you shipped it. (the video shows the full bios boot up info, which matched exactly what he said to me on his initial DOA message, so the oh so clever guy debunked his own theory. In addition to that, the video shows the pc load into windows, and you can clearly see it accessing cd and hard drive data during certain games that need one or the other done. Video is here )

Also my old lady told me the other day, this guy is acting too nice. I said what do you mean? She said he is way too talkative for some reason. I said how? She said he seems too interested in your feedback. I said really? ( I am friendly to all my buyers unless they give me valid reason to not be, and reply to all inquires and messages, that is why my communication DSR is high, part of why I am a power seller. I was never intersted in his feedback prior either, so wtf is he talking about. I only became interested in it once he started this mess. Clearly if his whore was busy running her mouth like this, then she is the type who likes to build mistrust and get him acting retarded, stirring the pot. Evidently no one taught the guy in Trailer Park Academy for the Poor and Underprivileged, on how to bitch slap his old lady when she be all getten outta line and shit, ammarite?)

Then last night right after I got your message I replied back immediately within an hour to inform you of the botched PC and you did not reply oddly. (1 hour from 6pm does not equal 1AM. He may have thought this was Back to the Future 4: Email Edition, sadly though, it wasn't, and time displacement is no excuse either for him being retarded and not noticing the damn clock. Even people living in a trailer park dump usually own a clock. Even people running meth labs have to have some sense of time during cooking)

My old lady said see what I mean? I said see what? She said now he aint responding. Now he all of a sudden quit being so nice. I said oh, so you are saying he knew something was wrong so he was nice and when I confronted him about it he bailed. She said yep. I said shit..( Mah old lady said see, and I said see, and she said see, and I said see, and she was all like, see, and I was all like, yeah I see, so she was all like, see, and I was all like see, and she was all like, he aint responden at 3 am, he tryin to rip u off an shit!!!! Everyone know sellers are supposed to give tech support at 3am :roll:)

--------------------------------------------

Dear professorprofessorson,

If you like looking into my history, notice one thing. I state the truth.. (evidently not)

The truth of the matter is, people who sell broken things need to learn not to sell broken things just like I've learned not to trust scammers twice. If people like them, send me trash and waste my time then I'm not going through it again. You I gave the benefit of the doubt, and am willing to accept your return claim because you said you have insurance. ( what that translated into was "Im willing to accept it, but as soon as I find out you open one, Imma open a dispute in ebay")

That means I will definitely get my money back, with the other people, who already burned me, there word was the insurance. (what do other sellers have to do with me anyway, my own feedback speaks for me??? Whut is insurance when words have no meaning???) Burn once, your word is dirt. (that goes both ways) So follow through on your word and process my claim. (I dont process claims, UPS does)

As for my feedback only a few have done me wrong. The world need to see that those sellers sell broken things advertised as good. And if you are taking their side then you obviously are of that kind. You are defending the wrong as if you have done wrong yourself. So you must be guilty. ( I never said I took anyones side, but I did mention as of late he had too many issues so close together, and I planned to look into it due to how he was behaving towards me)

Feedback is for future buyers to see what kind of business practices sellers choose to practice. (yet he doesnt care to pay attention to my 100 percent positive seller feedback rating) I don't buy items and expect them not to work when I get home. Nor do I suspect people to sale garbage or junk and advertise as working. Feedback is for that. (No, the auction description is for that, what he has said here makes no sense, and I never sold anything as not working. I provided proof of that, proof he chooses to ignore, with his constantly feigning stupidity and ignorance of the item, the situation, the auction details, my payment and shipping policies, etc..)

- mrecool811"
----------------------------------------------
(when I confronted him about the other guys computer, the one he talked to me about on the phone)

As for Haxers, contact him all you want. The bad feedback was because his PC fan was not hooked up and the seller was terrible. (hes not willing to open someones computer and troubleshoot it before doing a claim or dispute, etc , yet he claims he knew this guys comps fan was unhooked, yeah....)

Me and you never talked about that PC I bought off him. What are you talking about? ( yeah we did, he described the thing in detail, and it fit the guys auction completely. Im not senile ole pep pep in the nursing home, I dont forget live conversations I've had with people that easily)

- mrecool81"

AND

I did not talk about his PC I promise you. The topic was how some games require Windows 95 and and some windows 95 Games won't work on other systems, (that was only part of the conversation, the rest was about his windows 95 system he bought, and how it wasn't fast enough, and that was why he wanted mine.. He neglected to mention any issues with any other Win 95 system Pentium 1 build he purchased off ebay.)

As for his PC, It's not in use and not spoke of. I have a separate Windows 95 PC. (Im sure if he did not prior, he does now, since UPS is letting him keep the one he got off me.)

Lets not go off topic anymore. You no longer need to threat this and that. (I never threatened anything, and I never went off topic, everything discussed with him by me was related to the matter)

You just need to process my claim and be professional about it. Stop the negativity. (gimmie gimmie gimmie, and please stop pointing out all my bullshit, I cantz handles it.)
- mrecool81"

------------------------------------

Hey good to see you went through with my claim. ("now lemme open a ebay buyer dispute lol lol lol")
I'm not a bad person or a what did you call me? "reluctant buyer or whatever". (no, you're a cock gobbling a$$hole experiencing buyers remorse possibly, though I never accused him of being the such, only pointed out his actions were speaking poorly of his character and pointing towards this conclusion)

I bought the PC just like I buy whatever else I like,(With whos money exactly??? Neither of the accounts are in his name)
 because I wanted it. (gimmie gimmie gimmie)

The first time I contacted you I asked if you were ready to go through with it.  (lol, umm no not exactly, f*ck face emailed me before the computer was even due to be shipped, stating this: "Dear professorprofessorson, I see there's no tracking number meaning you haven't shipped this PC yet. Well then give me a refund so I can buy a different PC.")

I could have told you no just refund my money then but instead I let you send it to me in good faith right? (no, stupid delusional f*ck, actually what happened was it was not even time to ship it yet, and I was not required to issue any kind of refund just because they wanted one. I kept his payment after speaking with him directly and making sure he was very clear on my shipping and payment policies, again, and I shipped on good faith that he would stop being a dumb ass. I should have stuck with my gut feeling, issued a refund, and did a non-paying bidder and got my fees back)

Right... So don't pull that I'm a buyer remorse nonsense. ("Right right....cuz I know whuts Im talkin bout and all, cause my ole lady said so, and she told me I aint sufferen no buyers whutchamacallit")

If all goes well, and I get my refund, we might still be able to do business. (lul huh???) I might get one of your working PC's off you okay. (After trying to screw me and bypass the UPS policy,he thinks I will do business with him again???)

After all that's what this is about--- I wanted a working Windows 98 PC,,,, I still do.( I'm fairly positive he has one already sitting there in front of him)
No way would I mess it up after I ordered it. (no one suggested he did, where did that comment come from exactly????) It defeats the whole purpose of ordering it in the first place. So lets get this issue resolved, and then lets talk again. (only if well talk again means he sends me a message stating "Before I give my 150 buck PC to them to ship back to you, I'm going to need that Insurance number so I'll get the refund not you.".... and he stated this after it was already explained to him multiple times no one was shipping shit to me, that UPS may need to inspect the item)
- mrecool81

There was other messages, those were the best however.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:13:43 PM by ProfessorProfessorson »

Mathius

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 07:12:17 PM »
Ha ha! Classic! Way to play it smart M.H. :) So, have you confronted him regarding the negative feedback received on the Trailer Park Community eBay account regarding past brain problem induced buyers remorse?

ProfessorProfessorson

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 07:18:16 PM »
Ha ha! Classic! Way to play it smart M.H. :) So, have you confronted him regarding the negative feedback received on the Trailer Park Community eBay account regarding past brain problem induced buyers remorse?

Thats what he was referring to on the other guy haxor or wtf ever the other ebay guy was named, when I called the negative feedbacks he was leaving people into question. His reply to that, as quoted above, was basically that if I'm willing to question the feedback he left other sellers, then I must be guilty, because hes the only f*cker on the planet evidently able to tell the truth. Everyone else is a liar out to get him. Everyone else is guilty, blah blah blah. He clearly did not like the idea of me contacting his prior sellers.

Tatsujin

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »
OMHFG :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SignOfZeta

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
Dang, eBay can be so complicated.

RR1980

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 07:23:26 PM »
thans PP I have had some unpleasant and unfortunate experiences with scamming ebay buyers too so I know how it is and I will for sure add that guy to my block list!

Mathius

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 07:24:03 PM »

Thats what he was referring to on the other guy haxor or wtf ever the other ebay guy was named, when I called the negative feedbacks he was leaving people into question. His reply to that, as quoted above, was basically that if I'm willing to question the feedback he left other sellers, then I must be guilty, because hes the only f*cker on the planet evidently able to tell the truth. Everyone else is a liar out to get him. Everyone else is guilty, blah blah blah. He clearly did not like the idea of me contacting his prior sellers.

The correlation here that I am noticing is that anytime you do something to this guy that he doesn't like, anything that makes him squirm, equals entertainment and enjoyment for 'ol Mathius. :)