Author Topic: 4th of July Party  (Read 164 times)

roflmao

4th of July Party
« on: June 17, 2011, 03:02:30 PM »
My wife and I are throwing a 4th of July party and I wanted to open the invitation to you gang.  I'm sure most of you are too far away to even consider it, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case any of you want to whoop it up with a fellow Turbo Fan.

We'll be providing food (and drink!) for carnivores as well as vegetarians (I'm a carnivore and my wife is a vegan). I've got a small arsenal of fireworks that just can't wait for the 4th to arrive.  We've got a small pool so feel free to bring a bathing suit.  And of course I'll have the TG-16/CD set up as well as a number of other systems.

Anyway, just let me know if you're thinking about making it - we can probably come up with sleeping arrangements for a handful of people if need be.

We live in Fayetteville, NC.

Groovy.

Keranu

Re: 4th of July Party
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 03:11:27 PM »
I'm way too far away, but may I suggest running Galaga 90? Love playing that game on the fourth.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

roflmao

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »
Great idea! 

Unfortunately I don't have Galaga 90... yet.  It's pretty high on my wanted list though, so maybe I'll acquire it before the 4th.  Playing Galaga on the NES wouldn't be the same...  :)

geise

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »
Well playing any of the Bomberman's would be good.  Just like the 4th you get to blow shit up.   My wife and I aren't too far away.  We're in Wilmington, NC  sadly though we are going to be out of town.  Have fun on the 4th though. :)

roflmao

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 03:50:31 PM »
Well maybe this will be a precursor for a Southern Turbofest someday. :)

Bomberman is a great idea btw!  I've only got a turbo pad and a turbo stick currently, but I *DO* have Saturn Bomberman and 5 or 6 controllers and a tap for that system so I may have to have that running.  Good thinking.

Thinking back, I think the last time I had a good group of people playing Bomberman was probably 1996 or so.  We played Bomberman '93 on the TG-16.  They came over on at least a weekly basis for months.  Good times.