Author Topic: Anyone playing Super Bonk?  (Read 1968 times)

nat

Re: Anyone playing Super Bonk?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »
Bonk 3. Bonk 3 is possibly the best Bonk game (see my thoughts here), while it's sequel comes off as a bland re-hash.

KingDrool

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »
It's a toss-up, but I think I prefer Bonk 3.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 05:32:36 AM »
I'd say Bonk 3 is better then Super Bonk.  I think the music is better & more Bonkish, & the gameplay seems a little faster in general.  Plus visually, the color choices seem brighter as well.

incrediblehark

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 01:10:16 PM »
I didn't like the music in super bonk. I dunno there were a lot of snes games that had amazing music, and a batch that all sounded really similar and terrible, maybe the programmers were using the same sound libraries / tools when they were making them. If the music was as good as Super adventure island that would have been great imo. I actually like bonk's revenge the most, I think it has a good balance of challenge, great graphics and sound, and the gameplay seems a lot tighter than bonk's adventure. I like Bonk 3, but the games after revenge just seemed a lot more weird to me.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2011, 04:27:36 PM »
Yeah, Bonk's 2's my #1 Bonk. I do wonder if the spin was a lil faster, if it'd break the gameplay though. 

KingDrool

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 04:05:37 AM »
I always wondered why they gimped the spin after Bonk's Adventure. I love Revenge, but Bonk just seems to control so much better in Adventure.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

roflmao

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
I always wondered why they gimped the spin after Bonk's Adventure. I love Revenge, but Bonk just seems to control so much better in Adventure.

Agreed. 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 09:15:16 AM »
Some have said that the super spin wouldn't work so hot with the way the levels are set up in Bonk's Revenge &beyond.  I'm inclined to agree, but I would really like to see maybe someone hack Revenge & speed up the spin, to see how I really feel about it.  In Bonk 1, I do recall the level late in the game where there's those platforms to jump on that open up, & I hated it when I would spin to one & land on my head, so that it opens up & drops me before I turn right side up. :-k