Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30641 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #405 on: July 21, 2015, 02:07:56 PM »
That may be true, but why did he just explode like that? It either indicates a history of diagnosed mental health issues or...a yet to be diagnosed list of mental health issues. On this forum of all places, someone's going to explode like that just because I called them a psychopath? I've been called much nastier shit than that like a million times. It must be the specific insult I used.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2015, 09:09:33 PM »
I'd suggest re-reading your own post that started it and just thinking about it, since there must be something in there that angered Nightwolve. In his case, I'd be somehow felt offended too, but since English isn't my native language and thus I'm only able to read so far between the lines but not go in-depth, I mostly shrug annoying things off on this particular forum.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Raizen1984

« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2015, 07:51:56 AM »
There's nothing worth thinking about here.  When you insult someone, especially for an asinine reason like this, it's always going to rub them the wrong way.

Everyone deals with things like this differently.  For example, when Zeta implied I was a racist for not wanting to play a visual novel in Japanese, a language I cannot read or speak, I just shrugged it off.  Some people are just more vocal than others.

VenomMacbeth

« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2015, 08:08:27 AM »
Speaking of Daft Punk on the anime thread, anyone here seen Interstella 5555?
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

datbuta

« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2015, 08:10:45 AM »

I have... and thats an awesome movie to go with the soundtrack

xelement5x

« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2015, 08:44:51 AM »

Yeah, that's an awesome album and movie.  I don't think there is a US blu-ray though unfortunately.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SignOfZeta

« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2015, 09:43:20 AM »
I'd suggest re-reading your own post that started it and just thinking about it, since there must be something in there that angered Nightwolve. In his case, I'd be somehow felt offended too, but since English isn't my native language and thus I'm only able to read so far between the lines but not go in-depth, I mostly shrug annoying things off on this particular forum.

Quote from: a$$hole

First off, anyone who isn't completely reduced to a blubbering wreck by GotF is a certifiable psychopath. I always knew, now you've given us proof.

Is that *really* that bad? All this stuff about rating the quality of the movie or respecting opinions and whatever, it doesn't matter. My point was that anyone who wasn't emotionally deaf would be massively moved by this movie, their enjoyment or where it ranks in the Ghibli world was never a thing I brought up.

To me, this movie is a metric of human empathy. If it doesn't effect you, you don't connect to humanity very well. This isn't an insult as much as it is a mental health diagnosis. Psychopaths are real people with a real condition. It's like saying, "there's snot running down your nose, you must have a cold."  This is obviously not a professional opinion, but it is an opinion, and since you 21st century pussies demand that every opinion be respected regardless of how completely ignorant it is, then I think you have nothing to complain about per your own rules.

Obviously Clodbuster isn't a psychopath because he found the movie too disturbing to enjoy. He is moved by human suffering.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2015, 10:23:25 AM »
Nobody enjoys Grave of the fireflies. Period.

I said no, no, no

Digi.k

« Reply #413 on: July 22, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »

yup did enjoy it despite it feeling like a long music video.

NightWolve

« Reply #414 on: July 22, 2015, 01:36:13 PM »
OK, from the top, the review of his crazed psycho fanboy behavior :

* Person A pops in a thread to share an opinion on a movie (of the anime variety in this case):
I saw that a few weeks ago actually. It's not my favorite in their library, but it was alright. I can't recall seeing an anti-war anime before so that was a first.

* Person B, apparently so butthurt by the above opinion has a crazed, emotional overreaction and pops in said thread to assault Person A's character in this way:
First off, anyone who isn't completely reduced to a blubbering wreck by GotF is a certifiable psychopath. I always knew, now you've given us proof.

As for anti-war anime...I guess you haven't seen very much anime.

So, Person B calls Person A a psychopath, claims his above opinion on a movie gives proof of it, adds in the fact that he has baggage associated with the view to back it up (the "I always knew" addition), etc. whatever that is...

* In a great twist, Person B now accuses Person A of an overreaction to that level of character assault over a brief opinion on not really being a fan of a particular movie... Imagine if Person A had outright trashed the movie!

So the guy is 100% clearly in the wrong. Case closed on that! Firebombs a perfectly civil thread, then plays stupid and blames the target's reaction (e.g. "no no no, forget me, his reaction! his his his!!!")! The above analysis/conclusion is unimpeachable, to borrow his word!

But now fast forward to present behavior. We see a continued troll strategy. It appears it'll be to drag focus away from his crazed, emotional, PMS-vaginal overreaction to a perfectly civil opinion on the movie in question, and try to focus on his mark/target to repetitiously repeat the same charge of psychopath, in other words, not only will he not apologize, he instead is digging in and this could be due to several reasons. It may be his arrogance/bigotry/pride is so far gone, it's literally impossible for him to admit any wrongdoing and/or he is revealing traits of a genuine sociopath, etc. He hopes others will seriously take the bait in this strategy and engage with him to aid in this whole pathetic, immature, petty exchange he caused!

GUYS, HELP!!

I JUST...DON'T UNDERSTAND... I JUST DON'T...

NEVERMIND THAT I'M A GREAT BIG OLE VAGINA THAT COULDN'T HANDLE THIS MASTERPIECE OF AN ANIME ONLY BEING THOUGHT OF AS "ALRIGHT" IN TERMS OF QUALITY! IT'S A GODDAMN MASTERPIECE AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE CAN SUCK MY LEFT ONE AND DIE!!!!!! DIE I SAY!! DIE!!!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY, WHY WOULD ANYONE GET ANGRY BEING CALLED A PSYCHOPATH AND THEN "EXPLODE" BY CALLING ME A PSYCHOPATH AND TELLING ME TO GO F--K MYSELF ???

I JUST... I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND...

I'VE BEEN CALLED NASTIER SHIT MILLIONS OF TIMES OVER THE INTERNET! MILLIONS!!!! I KID YOU NOT!! I HAVE A CHARMING PERSONALITY, WHAT CAN I SAY! I'M A CERTIFIED A$$HOLE!!! MY TROLL IS STRONG!

YOU WANT EXAMPLES ?? SURE!

LET'S SEE, OFF THE TOP OF MY SNAPPERHEAD, I CAN LIST THE FOLLOWING:

AN EGOTISTICAL EGOMANIAC WITH AN EGO THE SIZE OF JUPITER, A TROLL, A PIECE OF SHIT KEYBOARD WARRIOR, A BIGOTED ARROGANT a$$hole, A MANCHILD, A MONSTER, A BIG OLE VAGINA, A NARCISSISTIC DRAMA QUEEN, ETC. AWWW SHIT, I'M OUT, BUT YOU GET THE IDEA, KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN' ?? SINCE I'M A HUGE INTERNET A$$HOLE TROLL AND HAVE BEEN CALLED EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK, I JUST WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD GET ANGRY AT INSULTS ANYMORE UNLIKE ME...

WHY FEEL INSULTED BY AN INSULT ANYMORE ?? IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME ANYMORE!

The better, REAL question here obviously is why would anyone have such an explosive reaction to somebody else not liking or loving a movie as much as they do ?? I doubt this could all ever easily be explained let alone understood... :/

I think this whole sad and embarrassing incident on Snapperhead Chad's part brings up a good tangent discussion on the nature of trolls. Just so happens that a new article on The Washington Compost went up where they did a study to answer the question of what makes them so nasty. It's not detailed, but I think it applies well in his case. Let's take a took!

"Science Reveals What Makes Trolls so Nasty"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/science-reveals-what-makes-trolls-so-nasty/2015/07/20/

People who enjoyed trolling had much higher rates of dark traits such as sadism, narcissism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism — so much so that “it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists,” the authors concluded.

The study also found a correlation between enjoyment of trolling and the amount of time a person spent commenting online — perhaps explaining why so many corners of the Internet seem overrun by trolls.

Hmmm, yessss, interesting. So according to the graphic, sadism was the top reason for trolling. I think that might be on to something with Snapperhead Chad here I'm afraid... I'd add arrogance, bigotry, egomania, nerd pride, etc. The most striking thing I would say here is that he demonstrates clear characteristics of a sociopath. It's looking like it would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to admit/comprehend/process that he did/said anything wrong from A to B if you assumed he wasn't trolling and this was all serious - that would be the fundamental problem here. I was thinking earlier that simple nerd pride is what makes it impossible for him to admit any over-the-top wrongdoing, but the real reason might just be much worse as mentioned... We'll never know for sure I suppose. Ah well. :/ The troll aspect to his behavior is 100% though.

There's nothing worth thinking about here.  When you insult someone, especially for an asinine reason like this, it's always going to rub them the wrong way.

Everyone deals with things like this differently.  For example, when Zeta implied I was a racist for not wanting to play a visual novel in Japanese, a language I cannot read or speak, I just shrugged it off.  Some people are just more vocal than others.

Yeah, don't fall for the bait, Raizen, his shitty, ill-conceived troll strategy is not that hard to discern... He's a lot better than that when he really wants to troll, so that's far from his best work on PCEFX. Color me unimpressed here...

I'm afraid I missed the exchange where he implied you're a racist but somehow I'm not surprised. Sounds like there might be Japanophilic excesses based on your experiences with him. I see elements of a cyberbully that wants to browbeat someone into liking something as much as he does with psychological attacks...

Yeah, I'm understanding better the feeling of another PCEFX member who refers to him as "a piece of shit keyboard warrior." I'm bothered by the fact that I stood up for him and referred to his informative posts on gaming at times as a defense and that he is a valuable member. I failed to see him for the piece of shit that he is and it took this exchange to do so, thus I feel a bit foolish. It bothered me enough to go back and tell that person he was right all along and to laugh with me at this thread! I try to correct my shit when possible, so yeah, this is not somebody I would ever defend again.

Basically, SnapperChad jumped the shark for me... He went full retard, and as Robert Downing Jr. taught us, you never go full retard... Your career cannot recover in the aftermath and so I'll never look at him the same way again to be quite honest. Also, I wouldn't wanna watch this movie again at all because I think I will forever hold the association of what happened in this thread; it'll forever remind me of a psycho nutjob fanboy ripping my head off for not finding it the masterpiece that he does, etc... One reason I considered the possibility is because I watched it in Japanese with English subtitles, so watching it for the sake of the English dubs would've given me a replay reason, but f--k that shit now... Heh.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 01:42:36 PM by NightWolve »

Raizen1984

« Reply #415 on: July 22, 2015, 06:09:25 PM »
This isn't an insult as much as it is a mental health diagnosis. Psychopaths are real people with a real condition.

Right.  So if I called you a retard, it wouldn't be an insult, but a diagnosis of your lack of mental function.

TR0N

« Reply #416 on: July 22, 2015, 09:10:06 PM »
Finished watching the dirty pair tv series earlier.What else can i say it's girls with guns etc.Just turn off you're brain and have fun watching this 80's classic.Yeah it was released back in 2010 on dvd but i got around to picking them up finally.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BY6XMKE

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #417 on: July 22, 2015, 10:02:24 PM »
I got the TV series DVDs back then and later the OVA series + movies. I went through the movies and half of the TV series yet. Good entertainment. The animation for the "Project Eden" movie is very good, and the story holds up well.

So much fun watching the Dirty Pair, erm... I mean Lovely Angels causing havoc.

I said no, no, no

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #418 on: July 23, 2015, 02:02:03 AM »
OK, from the top, the review of his crazed psycho fanboy behavior :

* Person A pops in a thread to share an opinion on a movie (of the anime variety in this case):
I saw that a few weeks ago actually. It's not my favorite in their library, but it was alright. I can't recall seeing an anti-war anime before so that was a first.

* Person B, apparently so butthurt by the above opinion has a crazed, emotional overreaction and pops in said thread to assault Person A's character in this way:

As for anti-war anime...I guess you haven't seen very much anime.

So, Person B calls Person A a psychopath, claims his above opinion on a movie gives proof of it, adds in the fact that he has baggage associated with the view to back it up (the "I always knew" addition), etc. whatever that is...

* In a great twist, Person B now accuses Person A of an overreaction to that level of character assault over a brief opinion on not really being a fan of a particular movie... Imagine if Person A had outright trashed the movie!

So the guy is 100% clearly in the wrong. Case closed on that! Firebombs a perfectly civil thread, then plays stupid and blames the target's reaction (e.g. "no no no, forget me, his reaction! his his his!!!")! The above analysis/conclusion is unimpeachable, to borrow his word!

But now fast forward to present behavior. We see a continued troll strategy. It appears it'll be to drag focus away from his crazed, emotional, PMS-vaginal overreaction to a perfectly civil opinion on the movie in question, and try to focus on his mark/target to repetitiously repeat the same charge of psychopath, in other words, not only will he not apologize, he instead is digging in and this could be due to several reasons. It may be his arrogance/bigotry/pride is so far gone, it's literally impossible for him to admit any wrongdoing and/or he is revealing traits of a genuine sociopath, etc. He hopes others will seriously take the bait in this strategy and engage with him to aid in this whole pathetic, immature, petty exchange he caused!

GUYS, HELP!!

I JUST...DON'T UNDERSTAND... I JUST DON'T...

NEVERMIND THAT I'M A GREAT BIG OLE VAGINA THAT COULDN'T HANDLE THIS MASTERPIECE OF AN ANIME ONLY BEING THOUGHT OF AS "ALRIGHT" IN TERMS OF QUALITY! IT'S A GODDAMN MASTERPIECE AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE CAN SUCK MY LEFT ONE AND DIE!!!!!! DIE I SAY!! DIE!!!!!

BUT SERIOUSLY, WHY WOULD ANYONE GET ANGRY BEING CALLED A PSYCHOPATH AND THEN "EXPLODE" BY CALLING ME A PSYCHOPATH AND TELLING ME TO GO F--K MYSELF ???

I JUST... I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND...

I'VE BEEN CALLED NASTIER SHIT MILLIONS OF TIMES OVER THE INTERNET! MILLIONS!!!! I KID YOU NOT!! I HAVE A CHARMING PERSONALITY, WHAT CAN I SAY! I'M A CERTIFIED A$$HOLE!!! MY TROLL IS STRONG!

YOU WANT EXAMPLES ?? SURE!

LET'S SEE, OFF THE TOP OF MY SNAPPERHEAD, I CAN LIST THE FOLLOWING:

AN EGOTISTICAL EGOMANIAC WITH AN EGO THE SIZE OF JUPITER, A TROLL, A PIECE OF SHIT KEYBOARD WARRIOR, A BIGOTED ARROGANT a$$hole, A MANCHILD, A MONSTER, A BIG OLE VAGINA, A NARCISSISTIC DRAMA QUEEN, ETC. AWWW SHIT, I'M OUT, BUT YOU GET THE IDEA, KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN' ?? SINCE I'M A HUGE INTERNET A$$HOLE TROLL AND HAVE BEEN CALLED EVERYTHING IN THE BOOK, I JUST WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD GET ANGRY AT INSULTS ANYMORE UNLIKE ME...

WHY FEEL INSULTED BY AN INSULT ANYMORE ?? IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE TO ME ANYMORE!

The better, REAL question here obviously is why would anyone have such an explosive reaction to somebody else not liking or loving a movie as much as they do ?? I doubt this could all ever easily be explained let alone understood... :/

I think this whole sad and embarrassing incident on Snapperhead Chad's part brings up a good tangent discussion on the nature of trolls. Just so happens that a new article on The Washington Compost went up where they did a study to answer the question of what makes them so nasty. It's not detailed, but I think it applies well in his case. Let's take a took!

"Science Reveals What Makes Trolls so Nasty"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/science-reveals-what-makes-trolls-so-nasty/2015/07/20/

People who enjoyed trolling had much higher rates of dark traits such as sadism, narcissism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism — so much so that “it might be said that online trolls are prototypical everyday sadists,” the authors concluded.

The study also found a correlation between enjoyment of trolling and the amount of time a person spent commenting online — perhaps explaining why so many corners of the Internet seem overrun by trolls.

Hmmm, yessss, interesting. So according to the graphic, sadism was the top reason for trolling. I think that might be on to something with Snapperhead Chad here I'm afraid... I'd add arrogance, bigotry, egomania, nerd pride, etc. The most striking thing I would say here is that he demonstrates clear characteristics of a sociopath. It's looking like it would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to admit/comprehend/process that he did/said anything wrong from A to B if you assumed he wasn't trolling and this was all serious - that would be the fundamental problem here. I was thinking earlier that simple nerd pride is what makes it impossible for him to admit any over-the-top wrongdoing, but the real reason might just be much worse as mentioned... We'll never know for sure I suppose. Ah well. :/ The troll aspect to his behavior is 100% though.

Yeah, don't fall for the bait, Raizen, his shitty, ill-conceived troll strategy is not that hard to discern... He's a lot better than that when he really wants to troll, so that's far from his best work on PCEFX. Color me unimpressed here...

I'm afraid I missed the exchange where he implied you're a racist but somehow I'm not surprised. Sounds like there might be Japanophilic excesses based on your experiences with him. I see elements of a cyberbully that wants to browbeat someone into liking something as much as he does with psychological attacks...

Yeah, I'm understanding better the feeling of another PCEFX member who refers to him as "a piece of shit keyboard warrior." I'm bothered by the fact that I stood up for him and referred to his informative posts on gaming at times as a defense and that he is a valuable member. I failed to see him for the piece of shit that he is and it took this exchange to do so, thus I feel a bit foolish. It bothered me enough to go back and tell that person he was right all along and to laugh with me at this thread! I try to correct my shit when possible, so yeah, this is not somebody I would ever defend again.

Basically, SnapperChad jumped the shark for me... He went full retard, and as Robert Downing Jr. taught us, you never go full retard... Your career cannot recover in the aftermath and so I'll never look at him the same way again to be quite honest. Also, I wouldn't wanna watch this movie again at all because I think I will forever hold the association of what happened in this thread; it'll forever remind me of a psycho nutjob fanboy ripping my head off for not finding it the masterpiece that he does, etc... One reason I considered the possibility is because I watched it in Japanese with English subtitles, so watching it for the sake of the English dubs would've given me a replay reason, but f--k that shit now... Heh.

I think Grave of the Fireflies was excellent but it's not really my favorite Ghibli movie and I probably would never watch it again. I've seen it 2 or 3 times which is enough for me. Which of the other Ghibli movies did you like? Did you see Princess Mononoke and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (pre ghibli)?
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

xelement5x

« Reply #419 on: July 23, 2015, 04:37:15 AM »
Princess Mononoke is a pretty stellar movie overall, and one that I normally use to introduce people to anime who are curious about it.  Production values are great, story is solid and less contrived that most Ghibili stuff, plus even though it takes place in Japan a lot of the concepts are pretty relatable for many people. 

While their movies are often very good, I think there a lot more recent movies that are also quite good.  Miyazaki et al are not the only game in town.

Really good movies I enjoyed recently are like The Girl who Lept through Time, 5 centimeters per second, and of course Summer Wars.

Summer Wars is suuuuuch a good, fun movie.  It feels almost perfectly balanced with characters, multiple stories, comedy/drama plus really well done animation.  Has anyone else here seen it?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:41:31 AM by xelement5x »
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story