Author Topic: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime  (Read 30616 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: The Anime Thread: Finding Good Anime
« Reply #1110 on: July 23, 2018, 05:03:29 AM »
If you want Robot Carnival Blu-ray for only $13 it’s on sale today only at that price as the mega deal at Rightstuff.

Gypsy

« Reply #1111 on: August 02, 2018, 02:58:39 AM »
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Patlabor-the-Mobile-Police-Ultimate-Collection-Blu-ray

Just discovered this upcoming release, and pre-ordered it.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #1112 on: August 02, 2018, 05:48:14 AM »
https://www.rightstufanime.com/Patlabor-the-Mobile-Police-Ultimate-Collection-Blu-ray

That’s a suspiciously good deal. Is it SDBR or some half-bit rate bullshit for gainjin?

I guess that third Patlabor movie isn’t going away, ehh?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 12:26:30 PM by SignOfZeta »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #1113 on: August 02, 2018, 07:17:43 AM »

What?  Shoot and here I bought the individual blu-rays for the tv show and OVA last year.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #1114 on: August 02, 2018, 09:04:58 AM »
Historically US versions of Patlabor start out at $$$ and make it all the way down to ¢¢¢ before they disappear. Nobody seems to value it here, which is f*cked because taken as a whole Patlabor is better than %75 of Gundam and all of Macross but nobody seems to care. It also didn’t get shitty until WXIII which is a very long time to maintain a consistently high level of quality.

I paid half as much for this box set as I did for one Patlabor movie on VHS. I’m not bitter.

The timing of this is pretty good, btw. I was watching a VHS copy of Patlabor Music Clips just the other night. It reminded me how great the animation is in that show and how most of it I haven’t seen in the last 20 years. I guess I know how to watch it next time.

nectarsis

« Reply #1115 on: August 02, 2018, 09:09:45 AM »
taken as a whole Patlabor is better than %75 of Gundam and all of Macross but nobody seems to care

you will PAYYYYYY lol
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Gypsy

« Reply #1116 on: August 02, 2018, 09:15:35 AM »

That’s a suspicially good deal. Is it SDBR or some half-bit rate bullshit for gainjin?

I guess that third Patlabor movie isn’t going away, ehh?

Lol. My guess is they figure they already made their money at the current individual release price points. I think you are joking but afaik only Discotek does SD blus.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #1117 on: August 02, 2018, 09:19:51 AM »
That may be true about SDBRs but some cheap Western releases are made with much lower bit rates. I know some 999 stuff is like that and the newer Gundam OVAs as well. I’m not expert on it though.

Gypsy

« Reply #1118 on: August 02, 2018, 09:27:12 AM »
It wouldn't surprise me if some US BDs were worse on purpose due to reverse importing.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #1119 on: August 02, 2018, 12:28:33 PM »
Yeah. That’s exactly why. There are shows with hard subs for the same reason, I think that may have been 999 also.

Gypsy

« Reply #1120 on: August 02, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »
Sometimes they just wait too. It was 9 years before the US got Rosario Vampire on BD. The funny thing is that's just a stupid boob anime where nothing happens.

Anyway, I would assume they will be the same exact BDs from the individual releases. Either way that should be quickly confirmed. Actually I'll contact MJ about it.

xelement5x

« Reply #1121 on: February 14, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »
I'm watching The Rising of the Shield Hero now and have been enjoying it.  I watched the first couple episodes and then binged the manga pretty hardcore so at least I know I'll enjoy what's coming up. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #1122 on: September 20, 2019, 08:48:02 PM »
I enjoyed Amagi Brilliant Park for what it was. Pleasantly surprising was the lack of lewds given it's more or less a self-insert show.

xelement5x

« Reply #1123 on: October 04, 2019, 12:32:15 AM »
Watching Magical Sempai, it's a guilty pleasure.

Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

roflmao

« Reply #1124 on: October 22, 2019, 07:55:50 PM »
This past week I've been slowly re-watching the six Moldiver episodes on Laserdisc. It's fun and silly and has some fan service. :)