Author Topic: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-  (Read 17458 times)

McKie1

Re: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »
I thought Kevin might have kept a copy.

BlueBMW

« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »
I thought Kevin might have kept a copy.

You wouldnt happen to be the one who got the originals are you?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

McKie1

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »
Yep that was me. I also have the special Pioneer serial cables. Just need the PAC as have the Tenchi Muyo LD's ready to test and then create my own files.

BlueBMW

« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2012, 12:00:46 AM »
Yep that was me. I also have the special Pioneer serial cables. Just need the PAC as have the Tenchi Muyo LD's ready to test and then create my own files.

Ahh cool deal.  Im just glad to see the pac actually exists.  I was almost convinced that it was never released and only existed in pictures.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

McKie1

« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »
Thought the other LA collector's would like to know that I was finally able to source a PAC-PC1 with manual and remote control. This added with the cable and disks means I can now fire up and test this thing.

Hope to give it a burl over the holidays and report back.

TheClash603

« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2012, 08:32:03 AM »
Congrats on the find.  Funny none of these have sold in about 4 years and 2 popped up in a little over a month.  Did that come from Japan?

Let me know if you come up with and cool things to do with the Pac.

McKie1

« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2012, 12:35:43 PM »
I thought it strange too not having seen one for so long and both coming up within such a short time frame. Both costing nowhere near what I would have originally envisaged either.

Going to have fun translating the manual as it reasonably thick. I also have to source another cable as the ones I purchased are different to the connection on the pac. I thought it would be the same 15 pin as many of the other Laserdisc players that have computer controlled connections.

Will try and video over the holidays one of the test programmes to see what it actually does with the LD.

esteban

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »
OK, help me out: is PAC-PC1 an uncommon PAC?

I'll be honest...I am pretty rusty on all my LaserActive knowledge (I remember reading CyberRoach's ??? website a billion years ago...)

ALSO: McKie, you know what I want to do... take your FAQ and make it into a web-page with nice formatting and images and scans of documents/manuals etc. etc. Would you be interested in something like that?

|    | 

McKie1

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2012, 07:40:43 PM »

I'll be honest...I am pretty rusty on all my LaserActive knowledge (I remember reading CyberRoach's ??? website a billion years ago...)

ALSO: McKie, you know what I want to do... take your FAQ and make it into a web-page with nice formatting and images and scans of documents/manuals etc. etc. Would you be interested in something like that?

Although I have only been a LA fan for two years, until the last two months I had not seen any pc1's for sale anywhere. Then two in a short period of time.

No one seems to know how many were actually made. Just checked the serial no. And although not really a good indicator the number part is 1003026. If theclash checks his (hope you have sorted out the issue you had?)  we might be able to see how the numbers worked?

As for wiki/faq. You must have read my mind. I was hoping to re-write my article and insert more pictures and possibly even video. However, LA preservation project and/or videogameconsolelibrary already have a lot of info., we could combine forces so everyone has access/info avail? Your thoughts?

Only missing 3D virtual aust. For a copy of each released title.

esteban

« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »

Although I have only been a LA fan for two years, until the last two months I had not seen any pc1's for sale anywhere. Then two in a short period of time.

No one seems to know how many were actually made. Just checked the serial no. And although not really a good indicator the number part is 1003026. If theclash checks his (hope you have sorted out the issue you had?)  we might be able to see how the numbers worked?

As for wiki/faq. You must have read my mind. I was hoping to re-write my article and insert more pictures and possibly even video. However, LA preservation project and/or videogameconsolelibrary already have a lot of info., we could combine forces so everyone has access/info avail? Your thoughts?

Only missing 3D virtual aust. For a copy of each released title.

Well, I didn't know about the LA Preservation Project!

I say this: accurate information should be available in as many places as possible.

SO, if you are willing, I'd love to host a TG-16/PCE-centric version at tg-16.com ... it gives you an incentive to revise/build on your article.
  |    | 

McKie1

« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2012, 07:15:31 PM »
Agreed to both. The more info out there and avail to all helps the future for everyone.

xelement5x

« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2013, 07:19:37 AM »
Just thought I'd throw this up for anyone interested:
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n122486992

It's a very nice starter lot if you don't have any LA games, but since Time Gal is in there (worth about $1000 on it's own) it'll probably end pretty high.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

McKie1

« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2013, 09:54:56 PM »
A copy of the Myst prototype recently went for US$2620 on evilbay. Wow!

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2013, 01:04:48 AM »

Yep, it was quite the topic of conversation recently.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2013, 01:51:42 AM »

Yep, it was quite the topic of conversation recently.

Damn, where was the conversation? I missed it? Don't tell me it was in chat/IRC because THAT'S NOT FAIR.

DAMN IT
  |    |