Author Topic: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-  (Read 17453 times)

SuperDeadite

Re: The Official Pioneer LaserActive Player thread-
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2013, 12:42:52 AM »
you can use a 32X, but you have to RGB mod the LA first.  Then you will need to cut the 32x plastic, but it does work.  Ugly as shit, but doable.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2013, 01:38:13 AM »
you can use a 32X, but you have to RGB mod the LA first.  Then you will need to cut the 32x plastic, but it does work.  Ugly as shit, but doable.

I take it you're using a different than normal mixing cable to connect to the 32X?
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2013, 04:34:05 AM »
It should be possible to do with a custom made cable.  Maybe ill try it sometime.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »
The "mixing" cable doesn't do anything special.  It's just an RGB link cable really.  The mixing is done completely by the 32X itself.  Just need to feed an RGB modded LA's output cable to the 32X input.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

McKie1

« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2013, 01:15:18 AM »
PAC-PC1 up on yahoo japan if anyone interested!

laseractiveguy

« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
Myst at $2630 was expensive, but I was willing to go UPTO $4000... even if that is about 3 1/2 months of pay.  I am a lot poorer than a lot of people would have even guessed.  But your right.. it did go to the GUYS behind the LaserActive Preservation Project!  There is even now a video teaser at my brand new (Less than 7 week old) LaserActiveGuy YouTube Channel.

Also... if you have seen the promotional Zoom 7.. or even portions of Zoom 8 (thanks to ME!).. you can watch the whole video of Zoom 8... AND EVEN No. 5 now at my channel!

Even more to blow your mind... we have ACCESS to ALL Zoom discs... expect no 1 soon... and the rest of the series in the future!!!

We just OBTAINED the J.H. Long video... its on 8" LD.... it was expensive.  Whoever thought it previously was on video tape..... its one of those Hit-Your-Head Moments.

We are trying for a major release video of MYST Prototype with all sorts of information and footage at the Preservation Site  www.laseractive.wordpress.com  in MAY 2013!!!

Who needs audio rips of games... which ones were u thinking of?  We dont have EVERY game, but we have quite a few.  I appologize for SLOW updates at the site... my partner is Busy or something...even i'm not sure... but LASERACTIVEGUY will have updates weekly, and will be linked to the Main Site Soon!!!...errr. again I think.

My name is Tom Porter... join us at www.youtube.com/laseractiveguy for ANYTHING LaserActive.

Also..we are looking for help, anybody willing to donate?  I'll take almost anything LA related!  (VIDEOS...not physical items....silly!!)

laseractiveguy

« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »
Oh... I forgot about the Contest we at LaserActiveGuy is running in CELBRATION of finding the Long-Long MYST

*** DESIGN us a cover for MYST... front and back.
*** It Can be hand drawn or computer art!
*** We are looking for something unique.  The original cover was shown on LA ExPRESS No 12... if you have access to that.  (Pretty much the standard Myst for other consoles with the LA logo). 
*** This Jacket design will be taken to a profesional shop and proper cover fitted for the Rarest LA Game!!!

You WILL win a copy of the Jacket for yourself... and a copy of ZOOM 5! 8" ld which has footage of hilarious roaming buffalo, AND an interview with FRENCH STEWART before he became an iconic Celeb!  Its funny to see his 'antics' so early in his career!  Zoom (contrary to popular though) isnt just about Pioneer Products!!! 

Make your submissions at the preservation site   www.laseractive.wordpress.com  at the CONTACT US icon
or email me personaly at treehouse2000us@yahoo.com

THE LASERACTIVE PRESERVATION PROJECT and LaserActiveGuy are the GO-TO Spots on the web for ANYTHING LaserActive!

Visit the new annex LA Project at www.youtube.com/laseractiveguy for WEEKLY Updates!!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #202 on: April 26, 2013, 02:39:40 AM »
Welcome aboard, Tom.  $2630 for a game is kinda crazy (especially so for something like Myst), but at least it was bought for a good cause and will be shared/showcased instead of disappearing into some collectard's basement.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #203 on: April 26, 2013, 04:21:49 AM »
LaserActiveGuy: Nice to see you  joined the forum
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

« Reply #204 on: April 26, 2013, 06:46:32 AM »
Boy, this guy sure likes Laseractive.

I enjoyed the Zoom 8 video, mostly because of the vintage Pioneer stuff other than LA. I'd love to see other volumes in Zoom if they go in depth about LD a lot, which I assume they do.

Keith Courage

« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2013, 03:26:48 PM »
Just came across this if anyone is looking for a PC engine pac for a good price.  http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/surugaya-a-too/item/257772-1/

esteban

« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2013, 09:13:05 AM »
First, welcome comrade!

Love all the LA coverage, Tom.

Who needs audio rips of games... which ones were u thinking of?  We dont have EVERY game, but we have quite a few.

HOT DAMN! I am looking for ANY and ALL audio rips of LD games (MegaDrive and PCE) to put here:

PCE LD-ROM soundtracks available for all

I would love anything you are willing to share

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:18:17 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

laseractiveguy

« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2013, 12:10:48 PM »
I've got direct rips from Manhattan Requiem, Vajra 1 and Vajra 2 already done about a year ago.  I just plugged a CLD-501A player into my stereo system...and into my computer.  Wish I had road prosecutor, believe it or not before I went into the Airforce (sad story there)... i routenly played Road Prosecutor background music on my tv while doing pushups/situps... lol, kinda funny now.  Any old LD player will do... the newer ones Do not like LA discs... probley in the ROM programming to reject it.  Dont have any new players, so cant test it out for myself.  Thank you for all the welcomes.. I want to bring back the greatness of LaserActive to this day and age... that is my end goal!!!!

laseractiveguy

« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »
Hey Guys... and gals mabye?  Misty?   I've got 2 questions... this is the first....  Does anybody know what happened to John Harvey... he is thought to have 'multiple' copies of Myst... i think he has passed on within the last 6 months or so... i would like to confirm this... it would bring some closure to an issue I have! 

laseractiveguy

« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2013, 12:18:44 PM »
The 2nd question... and this is pretty important to me... personaly!!   Alright... I'm going to lay a big one on ya... if it were possible to bring back LaserActive and make one more game, yes on LaserDisc... what type of game would it be?